ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

CanadianChief 02-23-2015 10:08 AM

Is there any benefit to buying the Iron Banner level 5 Emblem?

Can you use it during the next Iron Banner event to stack XP?

jiveturkey 02-23-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 11342993)
Is there any benefit to buying the Iron Banner level 5 Emblem?

Can you use it during the next Iron Banner event to stack XP?

The higher level emblem and shader don't add extra XP. I bought the shader a while back just because I like it though. It looks really good with the Crota armor.

CanadianChief 02-23-2015 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11343004)
The higher level emblem and shader don't add extra XP. I bought the shader a while back just because I like it though. It looks really good with the Crota armor.

Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure if I needed to hit the Exclusion Zone again tonight before the reset.

Does all the stuff from this Iron Banner event carry over to the next one? I know we all start at level 0 for the next event but if I keep my Shader, Emblem and Class Armor would I get the extra XP buffs?

jiveturkey 02-23-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 11343018)
Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure if I needed to hit the Exclusion Zone again tonight before the reset.

Does all the stuff from this Iron Banner event carry over to the next one? I know we all start at level 0 for the next event but if I keep my Shader, Emblem and Class Armor would I get the extra XP buffs?

Yep.

Mother****erJones 02-23-2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11342873)
I would love that. its like pulling teeth to get in on any raids. Even on destinylfg.com I struggle getting anyone to respond. Finally got invited to crotas end last night and I was pulled in at the very end so I didn't get to see anything. Funny thing is, I got all the drop materials. LMAO no weapons though.

You need the gear now get the shards. Ya Urzok is a bitch. I had help when I did it

keg in kc 02-23-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11342930)
I had to share this. My first instinct was to run away and find the Share button on my controller.

I killed 4 guys under a shield with a nova bomb on Saturday. Didn't even cross my mind to screen cap it. :grr:

It took literally all of my motes to get a halfway decent (but still not what I want) Felwinter's Lie. Solar, which I didn't particularly want. I'm trying to get arc and void before the event ends (just got the arc, not even as good as the other, but I don't have enough motes to be picky now).

keg in kc 02-23-2015 12:15 PM

Solar has soft ballistics (biggest complaint), Luck in the Chamber, Field Scout/Perfect Balance and Shot Package.

Arc has soft ballistics, Grenadier, Flared Magwell/Snapshot and Shot Package.

keg in kc 02-23-2015 12:18 PM

Oh yeah, I finished the crucible part of Thorn yesterday, so all I have left is Xyor.

Sure didn't think I'd be able to finish it over a weekend. I still have some shit matches, but I'm definitely better today than I was a week ago.

jiveturkey 02-23-2015 01:06 PM

I re-rolled the rocket launcher (after maxing it out) because I really wanted Arc. It's basically a Nightfall weapon for me and during an Arc burn week I can partner it with Patience and Time.

Void week is Truth plus an legendary sniper.

Solar week has a ton of different combination options.

CanadianChief 02-23-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11343154)
Solar has soft ballistics (biggest complaint), Luck in the Chamber, Field Scout/Perfect Balance and Shot Package.

Arc has soft ballistics, Grenadier, Flared Magwell/Snapshot and Shot Package.

Is Shot Package worth rerolling the shotgun for PVP use?

I already rerolled it once and got Final Round, Hammer Forged and Crowd Control

keg in kc 02-23-2015 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 11343364)
Is Shot Package worth rerolling the shotgun for PVP use?

I already rerolled it once and got Final Round, Hammer Forged and Crowd Control

It is for me. I know some people go for stuff like full auto or rangefinder but generally if I don't get a kill on my first shot at shotgun range I don't get a second. And the tighter spread helps.

I think the base range is enough that I'm okay without hammer forged. Still deciding between field scout and the stability boost.

jiveturkey 02-23-2015 02:59 PM

The range maxes out pretty quickly with just Field Choke. Adding additional range upgrades won't actually help.

Crowd Control, Luck in the Chamber and Final Round are all good options but in most cases it should be a one shot kill without any perks.

Shot package is probably the top dog of shotgun perks though.

CanadianChief 02-23-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 11343415)
The range maxes out pretty quickly with just Field Choke. Adding additional range upgrades won't actually help.

Crowd Control, Luck in the Chamber and Final Round are all good options but in most cases it should be a one shot kill without any perks.

Shot package is probably the top dog of shotgun perks though.

Don't have Field Choke on this one. Smart Drift Control, CQB Ballistics and Soft Ballistics.

My thought from reading up on the reddit form was to unload the first five rounds in the clip and then run around with the Final Round perk active. Assuming I get a kill I would only reload one round and hopefully the Crowd Control and Final Round perks would stack.

keg in kc 02-23-2015 03:29 PM

I could never get field choke with shot package for some reason. I ended up with soft ballistics on all 3.

My void version ended up almost identical to my arc. Just running matches for fun now. Although not many have fit that description. Seem to be more fireteams queued than over the weekend. People trying to finish I guess. First match to pop dropped me in as 6th man on a team down 10k-2k. First match I've ever left.

007 02-23-2015 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11343027)
You need the gear now get the shards. Ya Urzok is a bitch. I had help when I did it

what shards? Is this something I buy or something I have to play levels to get a drop for?

Also, when is a good night to plan on getting online with you?