ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

ChiefFripp 01-03-2012 10:15 PM

Mini BF! <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nEBLzO5LQLQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lzen 01-03-2012 10:41 PM

So I just got this game for Christmas. Played through campaign in less than a week. Now I've been starting multiplayer. It is a blast but man, I suck. Anyone care to give some pointers to a n00b? Also, why does nobody use mics?

Xbox 360, btw.

WV 01-03-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 8261094)
So I just got this game for Christmas. Played through campaign in less than a week. Now I've been starting multiplayer. It is a blast but man, I suck. Anyone care to give some pointers to a n00b? Also, why does nobody use mics?

Xbox 360, btw.

Read through this thread and you'll find all kinds of useful tips. Don't get discouraged, this game makes you take your lumps and success isn't measured the same way as it is in other FPS. Support your squad the best way you can is the best advice I can give.

Mics are hit and miss and a lot of times that's not a horrible thing. Get with friends that's the best way to utilize mics.

Johnny Vegas 01-03-2012 11:15 PM

I'm gonna be on here soon. PS3 if you're down.

Kraus 01-03-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Xbox 360, btw.

Gamertag? I'm on at odd hours of the day and night, but if I catch you on you can tag along with me.

Dayze 01-04-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Xbox 360, btw.

+1 on what WV said.
Try out the classes; see which one you like/fits you the best. Then stick with it. (you can switch as you spawn; and sometimes you might need to switch to take out an annoying tank, or helo etc).

you'll start to learn the maps, choke points etc.

Stick with your squad, or team mate as best you can. Someimtes it'll become obvious that your on a squad or team that are COD players and they scatter like roaches - at that point it may be hard to stick with them. But, by in large, stick with your team/squad. Nothing like going lone wolf, and turning a corner to be greated by 4+ guys from the opposite team. lol. On the flip side, there's nothing like being in a squad and encountering some campers etc, and wiping them out on your way to capture an objective. :evil:

This was my first Multiplayer experience; and my first BF game. It's awesome. No regrets. Get your playing time in, and you'll get better.:thumb:

kepp 01-04-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8261877)
+1 on what WV said.
Try out the classes; see which one you like/fits you the best. Then stick with it. (you can switch as you spawn; and sometimes you might need to switch to take out an annoying tank, or helo etc).

you'll start to learn the maps, choke points etc.

Stick with your squad, or team mate as best you can. Someimtes it'll become obvious that your on a squad or team that are COD players and they scatter like roaches - at that point it may be hard to stick with them. But, by in large, stick with your team/squad. Nothing like going lone wolf, and turning a corner to be greated by 4+ guys from the opposite team. lol. On the flip side, there's nothing like being in a squad and encountering some campers etc, and wiping them out on your way to capture an objective. :evil:

This was my first Multiplayer experience; and my first BF game. It's awesome. No regrets. Get your playing time in, and you'll get better.:thumb:

I've been a COD player for years and have tried the BF3 multiplayer several times. I just can't get into it. The maps are huge and it usually takes forever to get to the action. Then when I get there I get killed by some sniper camping 1/2 mile away from me. I know, I know...I'm whining. I'd like to get good at it but my first few experiences left me not wanting to play much. Plus, it doesn't have a color-blind mode like COD does (at least not that I can find). That is a BIG disadvantage for me. When I take 1/2 second to decide if someone is on my squad, it's usually to late and I'm dead.

Setsuna 01-04-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 8263623)
I've been a COD player for years and have tried the BF3 multiplayer several times. I just can't get into it. The maps are huge and it usually takes forever to get to the action. Then when I get there I get killed by some sniper camping 1/2 mile away from me. I know, I know...I'm whining. I'd like to get good at it but my first few experiences left me not wanting to play much. Plus, it doesn't have a color-blind mode like COD does (at least not that I can find). That is a BIG disadvantage for me. When I take 1/2 second to decide if someone is on my squad, it's usually to late and I'm dead.

Wow I didn't know that. I just gained some respect for CoD. Wish you'd reconsider, but I understand.

Lzen 01-04-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 8261373)
Gamertag? I'm on at odd hours of the day and night, but if I catch you on you can tag along with me.

shredder71

Johnny Vegas 01-05-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

does color blindness make you see all Russians or all Americans on a map? thats a serious case right there then. :p

ok I'll shut up now. :evil:

kepp 01-05-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas (Post 8265215)
does color blindness make you see all Russians or all Americans on a map? thats a serious case right there then. :p

ok I'll shut up now. :evil:

Actually, I just read that they patched the PC version and it now has the color blind mode. No one seems to know when it's coming to the console versions though (some people are guessing it's going to be in "the February patch"). I'll wait for it and give it another try.

Valiant 01-05-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Big maps? Big ones have not hit yet. Use vehicles on the bigger maps, but have antivechicle weapon on you on those maps. You cannot use cod thought or strat on this game. K/d does not matter, points and objectives. Also, vehicles will make the maps seem smaller once you learn them

Like others have said, learn maps, choke points. Lvl up the classes.

This game is more strategy + gunplay and vehicles.

Also you need teammates/friends, makes it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more fun.

Never play planetside if you don't like big maps.

Dayze 01-05-2012 03:00 PM

I had a great couple of games last night; I played my usual support role, but also terroized and destroyed vechilces left and right via C4.

I absolutely LOVE sneaking up on vehiles that are owning a section of map/objective, planting about 5 C4 charges....running away, then watching the thing blow up.:evil:

I think once or twice last night I took out a APV that had damn near an entire squad in it.lol. I got mega points for it.

Also, FINALLY managed to do some good damage as a chopper pilot. Had a good gunner, and I put him in position to make several kills. Managed to fly low/around buildings on Kharq Island to break lock on etc. I couldn't believe I was finally able to fly around pretty well. I guess something just 'clicked' after all the miserable / failed 20 second Helicopter excusions lol.

kepp 01-05-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8266090)
Big maps? Big ones have not hit yet. Use vehicles on the bigger maps, but have antivechicle weapon on you on those maps. You cannot use cod thought or strat on this game. K/d does not matter, points and objectives. Also, vehicles will make the maps seem smaller once you learn them

Like others have said, learn maps, choke points. Lvl up the classes.

This game is more strategy + gunplay and vehicles.

Also you need teammates/friends, makes it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more fun.

Never play planetside if you don't like big maps.

planetside?

Johnny Vegas 01-05-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8266564)
I had a great couple of games last night; I played my usual support role, but also terroized and destroyed vechilces left and right via C4.

I absolutely LOVE sneaking up on vehiles that are owning a section of map/objective, planting about 5 C4 charges....running away, then watching the thing blow up.:evil:

I think once or twice last night I took out a APV that had damn near an entire squad in it.lol. I got mega points for it.

Also, FINALLY managed to do some good damage as a chopper pilot. Had a good gunner, and I put him in position to make several kills. Managed to fly low/around buildings on Kharq Island to break lock on etc. I couldn't believe I was finally able to fly around pretty well. I guess something just 'clicked' after all the miserable / failed 20 second Helicopter excusions lol.

well send me a friend request if ya got the guts. I just canceled mine to yours because you keep over looking me. :P