ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How does Dwayne Bowe rank among the elite WR's? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261499)

Hammock Parties 07-20-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8756200)
I bet Pioli is planning on letting Bowe go next year and signing Welker for half the price he would have had to give Bowe.

FINALLY we will have our Wes Welker.

philfree 07-20-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8756177)
The hypothetical Bowe contract that would have put us in "cap hell"

And what's got to do with me and anything I've posted on the subject?

jspchief 07-20-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 8756216)

Nothing. He didn't respond to your post.

philfree 07-20-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8756220)
Nothing. He didn't respond to your post.

So when he quoted me in his post he wasn't responding to me? :shrug:

RealSNR 07-20-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 8756216)

Umm... nothing

RealSNR 07-20-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 8756226)
So when he quoted me in his post he wasn't responding to me? :shrug:

I quoted Toad King

philfree 07-20-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philfree
What contract?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8756177)
The hypothetical Bowe contract that would have put us in "cap hell"

I guess that was after he quoted the Toad.

Brock 07-20-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8756200)
I bet Pioli is planning on letting Bowe go next year and signing Welker for half the price he would have had to give Bowe.

It's like watching a car wreck in slow motion.

aturnis 07-20-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8755539)
What exactly are these "rumors" and who is perpetuating them?

If Dwayne Bowe was on the open market, he'd get a contract respective to his body of work. I'm sure that most of Chiefsplanet wouldn't think he'd be worth that contract, but then again, most Chiefs fans are fairly clueless as to a player's worth.

Rumors are Fitz /Megatron money, and Schefter and La Canfora.

aturnis 07-20-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8755622)
This team is an eternal dog, and no wonder. Half the fans excuse it over and over again. wrings hands "Oh gosh Clark don't spend all daddy's money on this guy we might end up in salary cap hell even thought that's never happened in the history of the salary cap". Jesus Christ.

If there is no such thing as cap hell, then why is there a such thing as a cap casualty? Raiders had a bunch of them. I believe they're still paying Routt. Also we got Winston b/c of this mythical cap hell.

You must be young if you don't remember the days spent discussing how the team would manage to get under the cap. Who would stay, who would go. Who would we have to cut and restructure in order to sign blockbuster free agent X?

If the cap were imaginary and unimportant, why would so many fan bases have entire websites devoted to following and calculating their team of choices salary cap number to a T with what little information they can gather on player contracts and incentives.

Just because the Chiefs of new blew up a team, filled it with young cheap players, then brought in a frugal, cap savvy regime to keep things in balance so we would be able to keep our homegrown talent and sign role players. All the while saving room for a big splash if a can't pass opportunity presents itself, doesn't mean that the cap doesn't exist.
How many teams were even a possibility as a landing spot for Manning? Only the ones with the cap space.

BossChief 07-20-2012 06:14 PM

Let me ask a legit question...

Would you guys rather have Bowe signed for something close to 8/100...45 guaranteed

Or

A guy like Vincent Jackson for 5/55 with 26 guaranteed

?

I hate to say it because I've been a big Bowe fan and supporter through thick and thin...but I'd rather have the second option.

Hammock Parties 07-20-2012 06:25 PM

We don't know if VJ is really that good since he played with a franchise QB.

DaneMcCloud 07-20-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8756547)
Let me ask a legit question...

Would you guys rather have Bowe signed for something close to 8/100...45 guaranteed

Or

A guy like Vincent Jackson for 5/55 with 26 guaranteed

?

I hate to say it because I've been a big Bowe fan and supporter through thick and thin...but I'd rather have the second option.

The second option isn't available

Hammock Parties 07-20-2012 06:27 PM

There is a reason VJ has never had more than 68 catches a year, even in a pass first offense.

I don't think he's nearly as good at getting open on short and intermediate routes.

Bowe could be a 100-catch guy in the right offense.

Let's face it, that's only about 1 more catch per game compared to last year.

SAUTO 07-20-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8755882)
My perceptions of a fair number is irrelevant. That's up to Dwayne Bowe and the Chiefs organization.

After witnessing the salary cap in action over the past 20 years, I'm of the belief that it's irrelevant and a "phantom" cap, as we've seen teams like the Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, et all, spend enormous amounts of money without being penalized from a financial standpoint or a league standpoint (save from the bogus "Gentleman's agreement" in 2010, which stopped neither team from enormous amounts of spending this off season).

Dane back and hitting home ****ing runs.
Posted via Mobile Device