ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

the Talking Can 02-01-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9370971)
Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71

Typically you want to limit the exposure of your client having anything teams can pick apart.

He actually makes a good point here, with the way these guys get analyzed. I know as a fan I want to see him out there, but from a business perspective, I get it.

i personally don't care, this is business and there is nothing new about it

but it would be nice to shut up the weeping heathers...

Chiefnj2 02-01-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9370983)
i personally don't care, this is business and there is nothing new about it

but it would be nice to shut up the weeping heathers...

As a fan don't you want to see him step up at every possible opportunity?

O.city 02-01-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9370988)

In the end, do you really care what he can do in shorts or with guys he's never played with for more than a week? In game situations? Yeah I do. In an allstar game? No, not really.

Again, as a fan I would like to see him out there, but I also understand why he wasn't there.

Rexx 02-01-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefscafan (Post 9370954)
Actually pat and Hartman said you missed the senior bowl. He said I'll be at combine and I will be throwing.

Nice, guess I missed that part! He sounded very confident.

Chiefnj2 02-01-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9370992)
In the end, do you really care what he can do in shorts or with guys he's never played with for more than a week? In game situations? Yeah I do. In an allstar game? No, not really.

Again, as a fan I would like to see him out there, but I also understand why he wasn't there.

As a fan who hasn't hitched his wagon to any prospect I want every QB prospect to throw everywhere. I want to see a guy who has been in the air raid the last two years take snaps from under center. I want to see him on the same field to compare arm strength with Wilson and Glennon. I don't care about his business decision, I want KC to have information overload on all QB prospects so Reid gets the best guy.

O.city 02-01-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9370994)
As a fan who hasn't hitched his wagon to any prospect I want every QB prospect to throw everywhere. I want to see a guy who has been in the air raid the last two years take snaps from under center. I want to see him on the same field to compare arm strength with Wilson and Glennon. I don't care about his business decision, I want KC to have information overload on all QB prospects so Reid gets the best guy.

So 3 years of game tape isn't enough for that?

Chiefnj2 02-01-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9370998)
So 3 years of game tape isn't enough for that?

No. That's why the draft is a crap shoot.

saphojunkie 02-01-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9371005)
No. That's why the draft is a crap shoot.

Then you wouldn't have learned anything from the Senior Bowl, either.

You just like to bitch.

RealSNR 02-01-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

"God, John. I just really like Geno Smith if it weren't for those couple of high throws he had in practices on Tuesday of Senior Bowl week. Oof. I really don't like to see that. Go ahead and make the call to Luke Joeckel and his family. And go see if the Niners will budge from their 2nd round pick for Alex."

Aren't you the guy who always claims people on here try to think like NFL GMs with their fan-sized NFL brains?

Just ****ing look at yourself.

Chiefnj2 02-01-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9371018)
Then you wouldn't have learned anything from the Senior Bowl, either.

You just like to bitch.

It would have been entertaining to watch him at practice and in the game. That's why I watch - entertainment.

saphojunkie 02-01-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9371028)
It would have been entertaining to watch him at practice and in the game. That's why I watch - entertainment.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr...wnnpo1_500.gif

B14ckmon 02-01-2013 04:31 PM

My favorite Geno highlight reel;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br9-OACeru4

BossChief 02-01-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Here's the part a lot of you are missing...MOST of being a winning quarterback is between the ears, making sound decisions and picking your battles.

Quarterbacks NEVER do the senior bowl, throw at the combine and then have a full pro day...frankly, I'm shocked to hear that he will be throwing at the combine.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Yep.

And as a REASONABLE AND EDUCATED fan, I understand that it's most likely in his best interest BUSINESS-WISE to not do so.

I really don't ****ing care at this point.

htismaqe 02-01-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

ROFL

They'll have information overload whether he throws or not.