ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Whats the absolute worst piece of music you own? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266592)

UL Washington 11-13-2012 11:11 PM

http://cdn.7static.com/static/img/sl...512590_500.jpg

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-13-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117326)
Sure! I love that he's playing a Dobro as if it were an acoustic guitar.

LMAO

:D

Well what part wasn't faked? It was the 70's and on tv.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9117362)
Well what part wasn't faked? It was the 70's and on tv.

Yeah, absolutely but it's still hysterical.

They should have just sent him out there with a Sitar.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UL Washington (Post 9117350)

I knew those guys in the 90's.

They used to live in the same apartment building in North Hollywood as a friend of mine that was in the Killer Dwarfs.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-13-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117368)
Yeah, absolutely but it's still hysterical.

They should have just sent him out there with a Sitar.

No one knew the difference and it was shiney.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9117370)
No one knew the difference and it was shiney.

I know but it's still ****ing funny, don't you think?

I love that shit! It cracks me up every time I see something like that.

LMAO

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-13-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117371)
I know but it's still ****ing funny, don't you think?

I love that shit! It cracks me up every time I see something like that.

LMAO

I mostly just enjoy the song and ignore the rest. I was a kid watching in those days. I didn't care about stage tricks I just liked seeing my favorite singers performing my favorite songs.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9117379)
I mostly just enjoy the song and ignore the rest. I was a kid watching in those days. I didn't care about stage tricks I just liked seeing my favorite singers performing my favorite songs.

I grew up in a musical family and my Dad always spotted that stuff and pointed it out on TV.

It doesn't diminish the music in any way but it's fun to see on TV, at least for me.

It was especially fun to see guys on Soul Train or Dick Clark or whatever show in which the guitars were unplugged.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-13-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117390)
I grew up in a musical family and my Dad always spotted that stuff and pointed it out on TV.

It doesn't diminish the music in any way but it's fun to see on TV, at least for me.

It was especially fun to see guys on Soul Train or Dick Clark or whatever show in which the guitars were unplugged.

TV = no reality. We all know that. Just look good on camera. You don't get album sound from a live feed. It's not a big deal to me.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9117395)
TV = no reality. We all know that. Just look good on camera. You don't get album sound from a live feed. It's not a big deal to me.

Alright, we're clearly not on the same page here.

I'm not talking about Saturday Night Live or Don Kirschner's Rock Concert or even Hee Haw (Roy Clark - Wow!).

I'm talking about the blatant disregard for any reality. As a 7, 8, 9, 10 year old kid in the 70's, I always thought it was crazy funny how the producers didn't care that it wasn't even close to realistic.

Kitschy.

dilligaf 11-14-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 9117104)
To be fair, this is the 45 I bought when I was seven.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cd_Fdly3rX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They played this song at the funeral of a woman I went to school with who was murdered by her estranged husband. Tearjerker.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-14-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117413)
Alright, we're clearly not on the same page here.

I'm not talking about Saturday Night Live or Don Kirschner's Rock Concert or even Hee Haw (Roy Clark - Wow!).

I'm talking about the blatant disregard for any reality. As a 7, 8, 9, 10 year old kid in the 70's, I always thought it was crazy funny how the producers didn't care that it wasn't even close to realistic.

Kitschy.

Then I think you were looking at it differently than 99.9% of the viewing audience. Good for you. Tv producers don't worry about the less than 1%. If you knew better and recognized the inconsistancys more power to you. They didn't care what you think, they're putting on a show. A show. A.... show. It's not that tough to recognize. Look good on camera.

Hello....?

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2012 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9117425)
Then I think you were looking at it differently than 99.9% of the viewing audience. Good for you. Tv producers don't worry about the less than 1%. If you knew better and recognized the inconsistancys more power to you. They didn't care what you think, they're putting on a show. A show. A.... show. It's not that tough to recognize. Look good on camera.

Hello....?

Enough, Dude. We're not on the same page.

No worries.

dilligaf 11-14-2012 12:04 AM

My worst would have to be any number of Hair bands from the 80s. Poison, Quiet Riot or Keel, it doesn't matter.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf (Post 9117428)
My worst would have to be any number of Hair bands from the 80s. Poison, Quiet Riot or Keel, it doesn't matter.

Keel?