ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Expectations and Alex Smith (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271413)

Hammock Parties 03-23-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9524129)
The chance of Alex Smith throwing for 4000+ yards with limited interceptions is possible

http://dennishegstad.com/wp-content/...2012/03/3.jpeg

splatbass 03-23-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9524122)
First, you're on a Chiefs forum, so the usage is natural. Second, I could have just said "A True Fan's wet dream," but this makes vaginas sensitive.

I'm glad you geniuses are so sure of yourselves. I hope like hell you are proven wrong. Usually being so sure of something that is really uncertain is a recipe for being wrong. Good luck with that.

DTLB58 03-23-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9523845)
pics

Google images.

Cannibal 03-23-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9523860)
3200 yards 19 td 11 int 60% cr

7-9

This looks like a pretty accurate estimate. But I do think Smith has the potential with our weapons and Reid's QB coaching, to eclipse those stats.

Dave Lane 03-23-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9524116)
I think we will win 7 or 8 no matter who the QB is. I think there is a chance we will win 10 or 11 games with Alex Smith (only because I don't think we were as bad as the 2-14 record indicates, competent coaching last year and we would have had a better record).

But the truth is that none of us know what will happen. Declaring Alex Smith a failure at this point is ridiculous.

I think winning 10-11 games with dingleberry is ludicrous. Declaring Alex Smith to be anything more than what he is always been to this point is ridiculous.

DeezNutz 03-23-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9524134)
I'm glad you geniuses are so sure of yourselves. I hope like hell you are proven wrong. Usually being so sure of something that is really uncertain is a recipe for being wrong. Good luck with that.

Yeah, good luck with this: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SmitAl03.htm

Last year, when he was ****ing pwning, he was throwing for less than 175 YPG. By the way, it's 2013.

DTLB58 03-23-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9523900)
The Jags are closer to a playoff berth with Gabbert than we are with A Smith.

I'm not a huge Alex Smith fan, but I don't believe your statement.

Dave Lane 03-23-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 9524129)
No, I am saying Andy Reid believes he can make Alex Smith more productive than he has been previously, and Reid has SOME history in doing that with players. That's all I am saying. The chance of Alex Smith throwing for 4000+ yards with limited interceptions is possible, and Reid thinks he can get that. Main argument is that Reid thinks he can get that.

Link for his doubling production of any QB?

BigMeatballDave 03-23-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 95142)
I think winning 10-11 games with dingleberry is ludicrous. Declaring Alex Smith to be anything more than what he is always been to this point is ridiculous.

Cassel won 10, and with a far worse HC. Why not?

Dayze 03-23-2013 05:22 PM

7-9

keg in kc 03-23-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9524116)
I think we will win 7 or 8 no matter who the QB is. I think there is a chance we will win 10 or 11 games with Alex Smith (only because I don't think we were as bad as the 2-14 record indicates, competent coaching last year and we would have had a better record).

But the truth is that none of us know what will happen. Declaring Alex Smith a failure at this point is ridiculous.

Who's declaring Alex Smith a failure?

I also think we'll win 7 or 8 games no matter who the QB is.

I further think there's a chance we win 10 or 11 games, again regardless of who the QB is.

My problem is not with Alex Smith. My problem is with trading multiple second round picks for Alex Smith. I'm sure he'll do fine. But I don't think he'll give us a whole lot we couldn't have gotten elsewhere for less of a price, and I don't think he'll give us a whole lot more over the long haul than we could have gotten out of not just Geno Smith but out of several of the other QBs in this (or basically any other) draft class.

That's where my issue lies. I'm sure we can win 6-12 games a year with Alex Smith at quarterback. I'm sure we can compete in playoff games with Alex Smith. I'm also sure we can do all of that with pretty much any quarterback with this coaching staff and this roster. Well, aside from Matt Cassel, who seemed to be on a personal mission to turn the ball over in 2012.

If Alex Smith was a free agent, I might not have any issue at all. But we gave up a lot, and I expect the returns to be limited. Not bad. Not failure. Just limited. The trade didn't and doesn't make sense to me. Saying that doesn't mean I think the next four years will be a dumpster fire.

keg in kc 03-23-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9524134)

You say that like that would be a bad thing.

Do you really think that any of us would be disappointed if he ended up a whole lot better than we think he can be?

I'd love four years from now to be saying "boy, was I wrong about this guy, aren't these back-to-back superbowls awesome!!"

I'd much rather win than be right.

Rasputin 03-23-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9524113)
If we're no no longer allowed to use mediocre, then I hereby nominate "fairish", "humdrum", "middling", "no great shakes", "pedestrian", "second-rate" and "unexceptional" for average mediocre replacement and "crappy", "junky", "ratty", "raunchy", "rinky-dink", "rubbishy", "shoddy", "small-time", "tatty", "tawdry", "trashy" and "two-bit" for inferior mediocre replacement.

"lame" "boring" "predictable" "less than desirable" "watch the grass grow" "watch the paint dry" "WNBA"

BlackHelicopters 03-23-2013 05:24 PM

It might be aliens, it might be.

splatbass 03-23-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9524153)
Who's declaring Alex Smith a failure?

Just read the last couple of pages of this forum. Hell, Clayton drones on and on about it all the time, so do a bunch of others.