ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Ben Affleck is the new Batman (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275523)

dirk digler 08-23-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909026)
I actually believe that The Town is even better than The Departed but I do like the movie quite a bit.

Nicholson is great but I prefer Pete Postlewaite. Damon, DiCaprio and Wahlberg were all very good but I prefer Renner and Affleck.

Blake Lively is in my Top Five. She's a combination of a dirty white trash hot chick and an elegant beauty.

Ryan Reynolds got it right this time.

Totally agree with you about The Town, it is one of my favorite movies. I especially loved Jon Hamm's part.

durtyrute 08-23-2013 03:52 PM

Can anyone tell me if Dane wrote a Sci Fy movie or not. I keep asking him but he's not answering.

CoMoChief 08-23-2013 03:56 PM

This is just so full of FAIL it's not even funny.

I'm deeply upset at this. So wish Bale would have returned as Batman.

But ****ing Ben Affleck?

Hey the might as well trot out an Aquaman movie starring Adrian Grenier...because this move is on that level of stupid/FAIL.

Easy 6 08-23-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9907413)
Great. Another shitty batman. Nobody can touch Keaton. Bale was bullshit. So will Affleck

Wha? LMAO

All 5 foot 5 of Keaton was the best batman? dude, get outta here... he may have been just fine for it as an actor, but a superhero has to look the part.

Bale was the best thing besides Nolan to ever happen to that franchise... i'm not sure how i feel about Affleck though, he's a good enough actor, but i need some time to digest this...

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9909082)
Can anyone tell me if Dane wrote a Sci Fy movie or not. I keep asking him but he's not answering.

Dude, I work in Film and TV but I am not a screenwriter

keg in kc 08-23-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909112)
Dude, I work in Film and TV but I am not a screenwriter

Yeah, I wouldn't admit to it either. It was just awful. Good thing you used a nom de plume.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9909121)
Yeah, I wouldn't admit to it either. It was just awful. Good thing you used a nom de plume.

LMAO

I think most people have figured out what I do. I've certainly given away enough hints in the past six months.

mdchiefsfan 08-23-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9908573)
This might be nuts, but could Jon Hamm have pulled it off?

And I had to go look this guys name up, but wouldn't this dude have been an awesome 'older' batman as well?

http://img2-3.timeinc.net/people/i/2...niello-440.jpg

Joe Manganiello (I don't know if anyone would've recognized the name). Dude's already built like a truck and I think he was in Spiderman, so it's not something he's unfamiliar with.

Affleck? Suck pick. Even if Hamm couldn't have done it, Manganiello would've killed it.

EDIT: I see I Q'd the Jon Hamm suggestion.

Somebody else I know, said they wanted John Hamm as Batman, too. I've never seen him in anything.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9909131)
Somebody else I know, said they wanted John Hamm as Batman, too. I've never seen him in anything.

Yeah, I don't get that at all.

To me, John Hamm is John Hamm in everything he does. He may not be as moody or complicated at Don Draper but I've never seen him "disappear" into a role and think "Wow, that was amazing!".

It's usually different a shade of John Hamm.

Deberg_1990 08-23-2013 04:36 PM

It's pretty obvious Warner's wanted an A List star, who was late 30s to early 40s.

Jon Hamm isn't a big enough name. WB doesn't care about the lunatic fanboys who are complaining. Those guys will go see the movie anyways.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9909152)
It's pretty obvious Warner's wanted an A List star, who was late 30s to early 40s.

Jon Hamm isn't a big enough name. WB doesn't care about the lunatic fanboys who are complaining. Those guys will go see the movie anyways.

I'll be shocked if Affleck doesn't nail it. With he and Zach Snyder on set, it should be amazing.

That said, if it were up to me, I'd hire Affleck to direct and hire a different actor as Batman.

Hopefully, Affleck's sensibilities will rub off on Snyder.

Deberg_1990 08-23-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909159)
I'll be shocked if Affleck doesn't nail it. With he and Zach Snyder on set, it should be amazing.

That said, if it were up to me, I'd hire Affleck to direct and hire a different actor as Batman.

Hopefully, Affleck's sensibilities will rub off on Snyder.

Agreed. While I like Snyder more than you, ill admit there is room for improvement. He really impressed me with MoS though.

jspchief 08-23-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9909004)
They are actors. Some of them work out 6 to 10 hours a day for roles.

But some probably do juice.

You can't work out 6 hours per day and gain muscle mass. Your body wouldn't have time to repair.

Unless you are using something that speeds the recovery. Like steroids.

Discuss Thrower 08-23-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9909143)
Yeah, I don't get that at all.

To me, John Hamm is John Hamm in everything he does. He may not be as moody or complicated at Don Draper but I've never seen him "disappear" into a role and think "Wow, that was amazing!".

It's usually different a shade of John Hamm.

What about when Jon is schilling his latest restaurant collab with Michael Buble?

... and is your garage air conditioned?

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9909195)
What about when Jon is schilling his latest restaurant collab with Michael Buble?

... and is your garage air conditioned?

Not air conditioned but it's made of concrete and steel, so it's nice and cool at night.

There's even a private entrance.

:D