ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Post Pioli, are we looking at a full rebuild? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264693)

ArrowheadMagic 10-05-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8980589)
I don't see the measure as the winning of a crappy division or a wild card appearance.

I also don't see a good QB appearing magically on our roster next year...

I know the premise of the thread is Pioli being canned, but even if we go 4-12, the chances of that only seem (just guessing) 50/50.

I don't think it's a sure thing at all that change will occur if there's just a bad season record.

All true. CHunt isnt firing Pioli this year, but this should be the year he gives up on Cassel and his BS of bringing in competition at every position. Quinn should prove that.

durtyrute 10-05-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8980616)
I believe we have a TON of talent, and If Crennel would have stuck to being the DC, we had a decent HC, and QB it would be a lot more evident.
Crennel simply cannot do both. We are going to see huge strides by the D the second half of this season though. (not that the HCing will improve at all) Which is not exactly a good thing, because winning games will not benefit this team.

I am curious as to what brings you to this conclusion.

milkman 10-05-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8980616)
I believe we have a TON of talent, and If Crennel would have stuck to being the DC, we had a decent HC, and QB it would be a lot more evident.
Crennel simply cannot do both. We are going to see huge strides by the D the second half of this season though. (not that the HCing will improve at all) Which is not exactly a good thing, because winning games will not benefit this team.

I don't like Crennel's defensive schemes.
Never have.

I want a DC that attacks in this era.

I don't want a DC that only attacks when things are going wrong, or when he's auditioning for a job.

beach tribe 10-05-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 8980612)
I think we have a San Francisco situation here. You replace Crennel and staff with someone of the caliber of Harbaugh and his staff, this team could win with a few upgrades. You've got to put your players in a position to succeed, and we haven't been doing that. This team is just disorganized, unprepared, and un-physical...

Agreed. Our D is not as loaded as SF, but it's not devoid of talent either. We have a lot of pieces. A cpl more, and the right coaching, would make a huge difference IMO.

beach tribe 10-05-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8980624)
I don't like Crennel's defensive schemes.
Never have.

I want a DC that attacks in this era.

I don't want a DC that only attacks when things are going wrong, or when he's auditioning for a job.

I know. It just blows my mind that Crennel cannot see how much better this D is when he coaches aggressively. It is so damn frustrating.

This team is so obviously better suited for an attacking style.

ArrowheadMagic 10-05-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8980630)
Agreed. Our D is not as loaded as SF, but it's not devoid of talent either. We have a lot of pieces. A cpl more, and the right coaching, would make a huge difference IMO.

Brees might differ with you on our D. 2nd half D was solid. Not sure last time NO was shut down, but it wasnt like what KC did. I know different NO, but it was Brees. Franchise QB.

Easy 6 10-05-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8980527)
Every damn time he decides to eschew that soft shit and attack, this defense rises up and dominates.

Preach ON Pastor Milk.

Hammock Parties 10-05-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8980634)
I know. It just blows my mind that Crennel cannot see how much better this D is when he coaches aggressively. It is so damn frustrating.

This team is so obviously better suited for an attacking style.

He is 65 years old and rooted in his own style of coaching.

He is not going to change.

People that old don't change their ways.

The Franchise 10-05-2012 08:55 PM

He's afraid to attack because he's from the mindset of being terrified of giving up the big play. He's willing to give up 13 play drives so long as it ends in a FG. That works great if you have an offense like the 2003 Chiefs. Those days are gone in this league. You need a defense that attacks and destroys the opposing QB's confidence. RAC is not the DC that we need for this defense.

Tombstone RJ 10-05-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8979868)
Let's be optimistic and imagine for a moment that the end of this season brings the axe, and Pioli, Crennel, Cassel, and most of the team's major problems are swept out as Clark Hunt proves he is not an absentee owner and does in fact care about winning.

Are we looking at a near total rebuild, at this point?

This would be a team with no GM, no coaching staff worth retaining, and no quarterback. Most of Pioli's draft choices have melted away like cotton candy. If we had a window when we snuck into that Wild Card game, it seems to have closed. But the Chiefs are the 8th youngest team in the league with an average age of 25.8

Would we find a new GM attempting to retain talent like Bowe, Dorsey, Johnson, etc?

Or are we in "blow it up except for Houston, Hali, and a few select parts" territory?

Do the fans have the stomach for another rebuild?

Crennel ain't going anywhere and if Pioli's contract ain't up, why would Clarky fire him too, just to keep paying him? Do you honestly think the Hunt clan is going to pay Haley, Crennel, and a new HC--AND GET THIS--a new GM (and possibly Pioli too unless the Hunt's have an out clause for not paying him before his current contract is up)?

So, you think the Hunt clan will pay all of the following at the same time:

1. Haley (axed but still getting paid)
2. Crennel (axed but still getting paid)
3. Pioli (axed but will he still get paid?)
4. A new GM
5. A new HC
6. A new coaching staff

Hmmm....

FlaChief58 10-05-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 8980714)
Crennel ain't going anywhere and if Pioli's contract ain't up, why would Clarky fire him too, just to keep paying him? Do you honestly think the Hunt clan is going to pay Haley, Crennel, and a new HC--AND GET THIS--a new GM (and possibly Pioli too unless the Hunt's have an out clause for not paying him before his current contract is up)?

4. A new GM
5. A new HC
6. A new coaching staff

Hmmm....

That's exactly what he's going to do. He has no choice. It's either that or see Arrowhead even more empty that it already is.

jd1020 10-05-2012 09:12 PM

He doesn't have to fire Pioli.

Hunt has to show interest in his team, though. He does that by overruling Pioli and forcing his hand to draft a QB.

Tombstone RJ 10-05-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 8980729)
That's exactly what he's going to do. He has no choice. It's either that or see Arrowhead even more empty that it already is.

unless you have one shred of evidence to back this up, I'm gonna just say "good luck with that brotha" :)

durtyrute 10-05-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 8980729)

Clark is not that dumb. Pioli has one year left to right the ship. He will do a minor course correction that will save him from a titanic type fate. Whether it be drafting a QB or running with a FA,Pioli is not going down as easy as some may think.

BigMeatballDave 10-05-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 8980714)

4. A new GM
5. A new HC
6. A new coaching staff

Hmmm....

I don't think Haley is getting paid by the Chiefs now that he's in Pittsburgh.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.