ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football It's about time we do something about Notre Dame (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268647)

DaKCMan AP 01-09-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9299844)
College football takes it back even one step farther though. At least in the NFL there is a path that teams can take to get a chance to play for a championship. If one team plays better than another on that particular day even though it's considered a weaker franchise, at least both clubs had the chance to win it. In college you don't get to earn that chance. All you can do is rely on the opinions of others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9299849)
alot of fans have a hard time understanding that the NFL and College are completely difererent games.

NFL the regular season doesnt mean all that much

NCAA that regular season means everything. Every week counts.

Not saying either one is better than the other, just different.

It's personal preference. Both systems work. In CFB every game matters. It's exciting. In the NFL you have exciting playoffs but it doesn't matter if a team loses individual game during the season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9299876)
They were the best team they proved it on the field.

And in response to your fun comment earlier if I wanted to watch sports that were not entertaining I would watch soccer and baseball. Sports=entertainment

Disagree. They were the best team that day. New England beat them a month prior during the regular season and had a much better body of work (18-0 vs. 12-7). Baylor destroyed K-State this year - does that mean Baylor was a better team than K-State in 2012? No - they were the better team that Saturday.

dirk digler 01-09-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9299953)

Disagree. They were the best team that day. New England beat them a month prior during the regular season and had a much better body of work (18-0 vs. 12-7). Baylor destroyed K-State this year - does that mean Baylor was a better team than K-State in 2012? No - they were the better team that Saturday.

If you lose the last game of the season, nobody gives a shit.

frankotank 01-09-2013 01:00 PM

anybody notice notre lames strength of schedule before Bama? after?

went from 24 to 6. HI-LAR-I-OUS.

DaKCMan AP 01-09-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9299927)
You're ****ing reeruned.

So Kansas City was a better team than Green Bay last year?

whoman69 01-09-2013 02:27 PM

Notre Dame has always had the bonus of being able to stack their schedule. They would make sure to have the bye or that pesky game against Navy before the big games on their schedule. They do not have to worry about a conference rivalry. Now they will be scheduling more games against ACC teams, the worst conference in the US now that the Big East will bite the dust.

frankotank 01-09-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9300355)
Notre Dame has always had the bonus of being able to stack their schedule. They would make sure to have the bye or that pesky game against Navy before the big games on their schedule. They do not have to worry about a conference rivalry. Now they will be scheduling more games against ACC teams, the worst conference in the US now that the Big East will bite the dust.

they also dropped Michigan from their schedule starting in 2014 I believe.

I truly do not understand this. oh well. kill a good rivalry and get an easier schedule. well played.

Setsuna 01-09-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9298290)
Great, another SEC circlejerk thread. Dakcman and Setsuna should be along shortly to jizz all over each other.

http://forums.finalgear.com/attachme...sm-407x305.jpg

ROFL That's right man. Your hate sustains me. :evil:

LMAO @ pestilence still trying to defend his team in any capacity. What a joke.

ohiobronco2 01-09-2013 05:32 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAGvaF1CYAA5XeA.jpg:large

DaKCMan AP 01-09-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 (Post 9300981)

LMAO

TEX 01-09-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 9299898)
Just imagine we were a tattoo parlor away from getting ND/Ohst shoved down our throat as the nc game.

Playing in a conference isn't going to solve anything. They beat the Pac12 champ and Big Xii co-champ and played a sched comparable w/ most any teams conf slate outside the SEC. Yes they were exposed but it isn't like their resume was completely void of credentials.

Exactly.

the Talking Can 01-09-2013 07:40 PM

espn reporting that kelly interviewed with the eagles tuesday

Saul Good 01-09-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9301411)

I remember hearing months ago that he really wants to get to the east coast. Supposedly, he hates it out west.

blaise 01-10-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9301411)

I'm guessing he wants a raise from Notre Dame.

Saul Good 01-10-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9301868)
I remember hearing months ago that he really wants to get to the east coast. Supposedly, he hates it out west.

I'm dumb. That was Chip Kelly.

Mi_chief_fan 01-10-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 9301868)

Out west? Western part of the eastern time zone?