ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football 49ers cornerback: No gays allowed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269499)

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9366537)
bravo...the attempt of a correalation is weak sauce.

Just to be clear, I'm not discounting his thoughts or reasoning. I'm pretty sure he was just "talking out loud". But with further inspection, it's pretty easy to poke holes in the idea.

And for the record, I didn't mean any disrespect.

SAUTO 01-30-2013 11:03 PM

I love Dane mother ****ing mccloud
Posted via Mobile Device

stevieray 01-30-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9366543)

I'm not sure how you can compare one lone nut to the US Federal Government.

let's not pretend there weren't barbaric indian tribes.

I'm not sure how you can marginalize terrorists act committed in recent years by saying..'well, Christians in the 1700's did it too'

stevieray 01-30-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9366548)
Just to be clear, I'm not discounting his thoughts or reasoning. I'm pretty sure he was just "talking out loud". But with further inspection, it's pretty easy to poke holes in the idea.

And for the record, I didn't mean any disrespect.

none taken my brother...i'll pm you about the axes.

ThaVirus 01-30-2013 11:07 PM

Yeah, those are just my thoughts.

I understand no social issue is ever so cut and dry, but for this particular scenario, I do feel like blacks should be more sympathetic to the LBGT plight. Their whole fight for equality is pretty similar to that of blacks and women in America, and kind of a new age Civil Rights Movement.

I think in 50 years, we'll look back in disgust that these people didn't have the same rights as us, much the same as we do now for blacks and women.

Just Passin' By 01-30-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9365887)
This idea that we're supposed to tolerate intolerance is complete nonsense, and I'm really sick of people pushing it as though it's some kind of brilliant counterpoint.

I didn't claim to be tossing out pearls, but it's certainly more brilliant than the bullshit you're peddling.

Just Passin' By 01-30-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan (Post 9366325)
We're talking about different domains entirely. Here's an example:

A guy rapes and murders a little girl. We are justified if we are INTOLERANT of that action and as a society we have a duty to punish that man and give that little girl and her family justice.

There are just some things society should NOT tolerate. Bigotry is one of them.

How do you not see they stupidity and hypocrisy in this post of yours?

Bigot:

Quote:

a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...ry&word=bigot#

stevieray 01-30-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9366570)

I think in 50 years, we'll look back in disgust that these people didn't have the same rights as us, much the same as we do now for blacks and women.

in fifty years, over forty million black children will have been aborted....right to life?

...that IS disgusting.

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9366564)
let's not pretend there weren't barbaric indian tribes.

I'm not sure how you can marginalize terrorists act committed in recent years by saying..'well, Christians in the 1700's did it too'

Of course, you're right.

It's really difficult to address with a broadstroke.

Hope you and the family are well!

stevieray 01-30-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9366644)
Of course, you're right.

It's really difficult to address with a broadstroke.

Hope you and the family are well!

back atcha! ill be in touch.

Imon Yourside 01-30-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 9366575)
I didn't claim to be tossing out pearls, but it's certainly more brilliant than the bullshit you're peddling.

Most of his brilliance comes from one liners like Peyton Manning, clearly way ahead of his time. :spock:

DaneMcCloud 01-30-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9366570)

Well, I can only speak for myself, but I already believe it's disgusting.

But I don't think that the NAACP or any other African-American organization should feel responsible for reaching out and forming an alliance with the LBGT community because they're in the minority.

If they choose to do so, it should be in good faith, which is belief in their cause.

JMO.

Xanathol 01-31-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcan (Post 9366325)
There are just some things society should NOT tolerate.

Damn right - gays are one of them. :evil:

When the hell did this 'accept the gays being gay' movement become the 'in' thing to do? No matter which way you slice it, it makes no sense. If you are religious, there's not many ( if any ) religions that accept it, based on their various beliefs. If you are not and believe we're just part of the whole mother nature / evolution bit, then you acknowledge the 'meaning of life' to be the same as every other animal - procreate - which is in direct opposition to a state of homosexuality, ie. unnatural.

As far as people criticizing the player for his comments because they may hurt someone's feelings or make someone uncomfortable, three words come to mind - grow a set.

DaneMcCloud 01-31-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanathol (Post 9366736)

When the hell did this 'accept the gays being gay' movement become the 'in' thing to do? No matter which way you slice it, it makes no sense. If you are religious, there's not many ( if any ) religions that accept it, based on their various beliefs. If you are not and believe we're just part of the whole mother nature / evolution bit, then you acknowledge the 'meaning of life' to be the same as every other animal - procreate - which is in direct opposition to a state of homosexuality, ie. unnatural.

As far as people criticizing the player for his comments because they may hurt someone's feelings or make someone uncomfortable, three words come to mind - grow a set.

:shake:

stevenidol 01-31-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanathol (Post 9366736)

Congrats on the best of the worst award.