ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV ‘X-Men: First Class’ Sequel Titled ‘Days of Future Past’? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261805)

Fish 10-29-2013 10:28 AM

Wow... that looks really good...

Rausch 10-29-2013 10:34 AM

Quite different than the story I remember but it looks good...

DJ's left nut 10-29-2013 10:37 AM

Man - that could be really good or really bad. It looks like an incredibly ambitious storyline.

But either way, I think it will be well done.

It's hard to go wrong with McAvoy and Fassbender - two damn good actors, IMO. And with Patrick Stewart back and the writers actually treating this like a real movie instead of a throwaway moneymaker like X3, this sure appears to have a chance to be great.

bevischief 10-29-2013 10:40 AM

This could be a good movie.

The Franchise 10-29-2013 10:47 AM

I'm excited...

Silock 10-29-2013 12:43 PM

LOOKS ****ING AMAZING

Sure-Oz 10-29-2013 12:45 PM

Holy shit...this may rock

-King- 10-29-2013 03:19 PM

That looks really good. But extremely storyline driven, so there's a chance it could suck out loud too.

Deberg_1990 10-29-2013 04:12 PM

Looks great. I liked how they emphasized story and character over action.

Bowser 10-29-2013 04:17 PM

Yeah, that looks good. Excited that Bryan Singer is on board for this one.

Amnorix 10-29-2013 04:27 PM

If anyone can pull off what seems to be a pretty damn complex storyline, it's these guys. I have high hopes.

007 10-29-2013 05:12 PM

Looks very promising.

Aries Walker 10-29-2013 05:27 PM

Pros: This feels more like X-Men 2, which is a good thing, probably because Brian Singer is back. I like that they are focusing on the storyline over action, which makes it also feel like Nolan's Batman series (aka the only good DC Comics movies ever), which is also a good thing. Love the look of Bishop, Warpath, and Blink. Very accomplished cast, most of whom have headlined movies before on their own. There's no replacing Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan, and this time, there's also Dinklage, and with a Thomas Magnum 'stache to boot.

Cons: I don't like that they gave Wolverine the job that Kitty had in the comics. I'm getting tired of the scowling Wolverine schtick, and Hugh Jackman is looking older (even when he's not supposed to). Still hate the Beast's look, and I'm worried that a lot of the characters I was just starting to like will either be present only briefly, or entirely skipped. I can only imagine each of those now-very-expensive actors will only be on screen for about six or seven minutes each. And where are the Sentinels? (I'm guessing they're being re-CGI'ed.)

Upshot: Looks good, but I can only get excited so much for X-Men movies. The Wolverine and First Class both surprised me, though, so I remain optimistic but wary.

Valiant 10-29-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10139158)
Pros: This feels more like X-Men 2, which is a good thing, probably because Brian Singer is back. I like that they are focusing on the storyline over action, which makes it also feel like Nolan's Batman series (aka the only good DC Comics movies ever), which is also a good thing. Love the look of Bishop, Warpath, and Blink. Very accomplished cast, most of whom have headlined movies before on their own. There's no replacing Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan, and this time, there's also Dinklage, and with a Thomas Magnum 'stache to boot.

Cons: I don't like that they gave Wolverine the job that Kitty had in the comics. I'm getting tired of the scowling Wolverine schtick, and Hugh Jackman is looking older (even when he's not supposed to). Still hate the Beast's look, and I'm worried that a lot of the characters I was just starting to like will either be present only briefly, or entirely skipped. I can only imagine each of those now-very-expensive actors will only be on screen for about six or seven minutes each. And where are the Sentinels? (I'm guessing they're being re-CGI'ed.)

Upshot: Looks good, but I can only get excited so much for X-Men movies. The Wolverine and First Class both surprised me, though, so I remain optimistic but wary.

I was underwhelmed with the trailer. Which might be a good thing.

And Nolans batman was not really a comic movie imo, it was a great trilogy, but not a comic movie. closer to a bond flim.

To me this movie cannot be done properly unless three hours or more.

Tribal Warfare 11-26-2013 08:51 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WJiFRdX1MUg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>