ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Former LAPD officer on rampage in So Cal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269787)

Buck 02-07-2013 12:50 PM

I guess he's by our airport and all flights are being delayed.

listopencil 02-07-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9385026)
Shouldn't people do this even when there isn't a crazed gunman on the loose?

It's a good idea, but sometimes you get a little upset when you get pulled over. Especially if you don't think you were doing anything wrong, or even if you are just having a bad day. A lot of times your bad day can get a lot worse depending on how you interact with that police officer and how the cop reacts to you.

Rausch 02-07-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9385033)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

A Salt Weapon 02-07-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9384869)
"A Salt is an idiot" - Dave Lane

That's not a very nice thing to say. Good thing you weren't talking about me.
Posted via Mobile Device

KChiefer 02-07-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9385034)
It's a good idea, but sometimes you get a little upset when you get pulled over. Especially if you don't think you were doing anything wrong, or even if you are just having a bad day. A lot of times your bad day can get a lot worse depending on how you interact with that police officer and how the cop reacts to you.

You don't say...

Buck 02-07-2013 12:54 PM

Seems like SDPD is having a hard time because they've got a bunch of different leads. I'm guessing because anyone who sees a big bald black man has called the cops.

listopencil 02-07-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9385043)
You don't say...

LOL, I could tell you a lot of stories. I'm just saying that the cops are all going to be on edge out here. Especially in SoCal.

listopencil 02-07-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9385047)
Seems like SDPD is having a hard time because they've got a bunch of different leads. I'm guessing because anyone who sees a big bald black man has called the cops.

This is a nightmare scenario for them.

listopencil 02-07-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9385033)

Isn't that just a few miles from the old Naval Training Center where they used to do Boot Camp?

listopencil 02-07-2013 01:12 PM

"Three law enforcement officers were shot early Thursday morning — one in Corona and two in Riverside — by a gunman believed to be Christopher Jordan Dorner, ... police said.
"A tweet from the official Twitter account of the Riverside Police Department says that at least one of the Riverside police officers shot in that city has died."

Update at 12:30 p.m. ET. More On Shots Fired At Others:

The Times now writes that "two women who were shot by Los Angeles police in Torrance early Thursday during a massive manhunt for an ex-LAPD officer were delivering newspapers, sources said. The women, shot in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue, were taken to area hospitals, Torrance police Lt. Devin Chase said." It appears they were in a blue pickup — a vehicle that generally matches the description of what the suspect is thought to be driving.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...ed-in-killings

Dave Lane 02-07-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9384969)
The manifesto (allegedly) without redaction:

http://thedisbrimstonedailypitchfork...rdan-dorner-2/

Chick with the sword is pretty hot...

listopencil 02-07-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9385098)
Chick with the sword is pretty hot...

Heh, I know. I had to click on that to get a better look.

Just Passin' By 02-07-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9385097)
"Three law enforcement officers were shot early Thursday morning — one in Corona and two in Riverside — by a gunman believed to be Christopher Jordan Dorner, ... police said.
"A tweet from the official Twitter account of the Riverside Police Department says that at least one of the Riverside police officers shot in that city has died."

Update at 12:30 p.m. ET. More On Shots Fired At Others:

The Times now writes that "two women who were shot by Los Angeles police in Torrance early Thursday during a massive manhunt for an ex-LAPD officer were delivering newspapers, sources said. The women, shot in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue, were taken to area hospitals, Torrance police Lt. Devin Chase said." It appears they were in a blue pickup — a vehicle that generally matches the description of what the suspect is thought to be driving.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...ed-in-killings

Cops - calm, cool and collected. Thank goodness they were the ones with the guns.

DJ's left nut 02-07-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9384995)
Yeah. I'm trying to find info on his military record. To see what his rate was and what his assignment was during the 13 month deployment in 2006. There are a lot of very, very ugly possibilities here.

I wondered when people would get around to reading that.

Yes, there are a great deal of very concerning things said in that manifesto. The man may have been unhinged, but he's naming a LOT of names and giving a LOT of detail.

Crazy doesn't do verifiable names and details. Crazy tends to operate in nebulous truisms and 'protect people' who would have otherwise vindicated Crazy.

There's no question that the LAPD is rife with problems - is it really outside the realm that this guy is telling the truth? Or at least some very close approximation of same?

I'd be awfully leery of calling this guy a career nutcase just yet. He's very clearly lost it, but seemingly sane people have been driven to heinous shit when they feel they've been grievously wronged. This man clearly believes exactly that.

JohninGpt 02-07-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9385089)
Isn't that just a few miles from the old Naval Training Center where they used to do Boot Camp?

Camp Nimitz has been swallowed up by the airport. The grinder and all of the old bootcamp barracks are gone.