ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto For sale (sniffle). Apricot BMW. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285673)

beach tribe 08-14-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 10817395)
Sounds like an X6 M that has ~550hp. Brutal but still a crossover. The non SUV Ms are even more impressive.

Yup. Looked just like this with wheels with a chrome lip.

unbelievably awesome.
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/NYbJFA6usTw?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/NYbJFA6usTw?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Psyko Tek 08-14-2014 07:31 PM

DO NOT SELL YOUR ROADSTER!!!
Explain to your wife that a man of you stature( business owner, job creator, CP icon)
needs either a roadster or a mistress (probably both)
But the car is already paid for and still runs well

while a mistress not only will cost more, but the time of maintenance will be astronomical...

SAUTO 08-14-2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steron (Post 10817583)
How shredded is the paint under the bra? Don't those things cause scratching and discoloration due to the sun not hitting the paint under it?

Most of the time. Usually a guy good with a buffer can fix it if its just scratched

SAUTO 08-14-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10817832)
yep, you should never leave the car bra on full time. You put it on when you want to drive it, especially on long trips, then you take it off at night, make sure it's clean, then put it back on in the morning. If you use it right, it works fantastic. If you are lazy and just leave it on, it does more harm than good IMHO because it traps dirt and moisture and ultimately screws up the paint because the paint that is not covered by the bra fades while the paint under the bra stays the same color, thus creating a very bad overall look.

Those things are usually a real bitch to remove and install. I've never heard of anyone removing and reinstalling them every time it's driven

SAUTO 08-14-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 10818837)
I've purchased every car I've owned through a wholesaler, with the exception of brideowanian's current luxury ride.

No use paying new price, have that wholesale friend take your list of requirements along to auctions and eventually you'll get a call with what you want, at a superior price....the ones the lots pay plus commission.

Also, if you really love your current car and are only selling it due to yearly expenses......put it in storage state.

I had my buddy pick up my last ride. Saved 7-10 grand.

SAUTO 08-14-2014 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10817927)
When I sell my company in a few years, I will be buying something that looks very close to this:

http://gomotors.net/pics/Oldsmobile/...tible-01.jpg?i

I actually have that car, non 442 though, sitting in a building at the shop. Has been there for over two years. Pretty cool car.

TambaBerry 08-14-2014 08:27 PM

Hey rainman want to hire me?

Simply Red 08-15-2014 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10819571)
Most of the time. Usually a guy good with a buffer can fix it if its just scratched

****ing dealer key (minor) scratched my door around the handle. As if they were careless with the keys.

Anyhow meguiars makes that minor scratch remover. Wonder if that'd work..?
The car is black so.... meh, IDK.

SAUTO 08-15-2014 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10819899)
****ing dealer key (minor) scratched my door around the handle. As if they were careless with the keys.

Anyhow meguiars makes that minor scratch remover. Wonder if that'd work..?
The car is black so.... meh, IDK.

i have no idea. one of my best friends has a body shop and I just drop anything off and tell tell him to fix shit...

HonestChieffan 08-15-2014 06:30 AM

New Cars are expensive. We just picked up a new GMC Yukon. Easy to get to 60 grand and above.

SAUTO 08-15-2014 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 10819943)
New Cars are expensive. We just picked up a new GMC Yukon. Easy to get to 60 grand and above.

i thought they looked too much like a Toyota...

but yeah i looked at some that were over 70.

007 08-15-2014 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10819947)
i thought they looked too much like a Toyota...

but yeah i looked at some that were over 70.

Thats just insane. I have a 5 bedroom house with a value of 170k. No way can a car be worth 42% of that.

SAUTO 08-15-2014 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10819950)
Thats just insane. I have a 5 bedroom house with a value of 170k. No way can a car be worth 42% of that.

for sure, i passed because i didn't really like the new body style AND i have little ones who are rough on shit.

hell i looked at some that had almost 100K on them that were priced around 30, passed on them too. ended up going the rainman route and bought one a couple years old with 43K that looks brand new inside and out for 7-10 under book (depending on where you are looking)

ChiTown 08-15-2014 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10819581)
I actually have that car, non 442 though, sitting in a building at the shop. Has been there for over two years. Pretty cool car.

What sort of condition is it in?

SAUTO 08-15-2014 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 10819958)
What sort of condition is it in?

been sitting in storage for over ten years. pretty sure it would clean up nicely. i had forgotten it was even over there until i saw the picture you posted.

funny you just responded, i was just telling the guys we are going to get it running next week. its not mine but it might be. haven't heard from the owner in well over a year. lol.