ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Need vehicle opinions - Jeep Grand Cherokee (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270706)

Frosty 03-06-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9470064)
I'm still working some, I just don't have a steady job at the moment, if that makes any sense. But yeah, I have cash, been saving since last summer. I've looked at a couple Grand Cherokees and driven one Durango so far, but I haven't been very excited to go out and do a whole lot of looking yet because the weather has been shit lately. Hopefully I can get out some this weekend.

I love car shopping when it's something newer. Car shopping in the lower end, though, totally sucks imo.

Nzoner 03-06-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9470032)
I might look at the 4 door Wrangler this summer,

I bought this in August and love it

InChiefsHeaven 03-06-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9462895)
On my 2002, I usually get about 18 city, about 21 highway. Mine is leaking a little bit of oil now, lose about 1/2 quart every 5,000 miles. No biggie.

I have a 2004 and it is horrible for gas...went to South Dakota and best I got was 20 MPG highway...in city it's closer to 16. Other than that, we've had no problems and have owned this one for 5 years. Only has about 100k on it now because my wife is the principal driver and she only has like a 5 mile commute.

Nzoner 03-06-2013 09:37 AM

BTW BUG don't know if you'd be interested but within the month I'll have a '06 Hyundai Sonata for sale.Very good condition,4 door,little over 65,000 miles,ac,sunroof,power windows,cd,one owner,great on gas.

Deberg_1990 03-06-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9470085)

Thats a nice rig. Been wanting one myself. Just cant bring myself to do it because of the bad gas mileage and i have a long commute.

COchief 03-06-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Nice looking ride, is that a factory package or did you do some aftermarket work?

Bug, I'd avoid the Durango like the plague if I were you. If you're looking at the same vintage/price range as the others the Durangos in that range are going to be real risky. If it's near or over 100K, you'll basically be flipping the coin on a daily basis to see whether your transmission will make it through the day.

Also, no better weather to test drive 4x4s than the crappy stuff.

Nzoner 03-06-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 9470119)
Nice looking ride, is that a factory package or did you do some aftermarket work?

Factory,since the pic was taken I did tint the front windows.

COchief 03-06-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9470126)
Factory,since the pic was taken I did tint the front windows.

What package, couldn't see a badge on the side where they usually are.

edit: just realized I'm asking a dude on the internet about his "package".

Radar Chief 03-06-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Love the new Wrangler Unlimited, but I still need a truck bed to haul things from time to time. If Jeep built an Unlimited with a small truck bed instead of a storage space behind the rear seats I’d trade my F-150 in today.

HemiEd 03-06-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9470104)
Thats a nice rig. Been wanting one myself. Just cant bring myself to do it because of the bad gas mileage and i have a long commute.

Don't forget the part about it not being a Honda! :D

Bugeater 03-06-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9470071)
I love car shopping when it's something newer. Car shopping in the lower end, though, totally sucks imo.

Yes, it does. I always start off excited, but that excitement quickly turns into frustration with the idiot private sellers and sketchy car dealers. Then it turns into outright fear when you start researching things and hearing the horror stories people have had with what you're considering buying. It gets to a point where you just want to buy something and get it over with.

Bugeater 03-06-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 9470102)
BTW BUG don't know if you'd be interested but within the month I'll have a '06 Hyundai Sonata for sale.Very good condition,4 door,little over 65,000 miles,ac,sunroof,power windows,cd,one owner,great on gas.

Appreciate that but I can't do a car. It's either gotta be another minivan or SUV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 9470119)

Bug, I'd avoid the Durango like the plague if I were you. If you're looking at the same vintage/price range as the others the Durangos in that range are going to be real risky. If it's near or over 100K, you'll basically be flipping the coin on a daily basis to see whether your transmission will make it through the day.

Also, no better weather to test drive 4x4s than the crappy stuff.

Yeah, I'm real apprehensive about the Durango as far as reliability, but I'm extremely comfortable in them and I love the styling. I'd have to have $2,000 set aside for when (not if) the transmission goes.

Unfortunately the crap we have now is just windy and cold, no snow.

COchief 03-06-2013 10:29 AM

Bug, did this guy drop his price?

Even though it's a small dealer, he has glowing reviews and quite a few on cars.com.

This looks like a good ride, you're getting a big discount due to the stick. Looks like he tagged something with the front bumper, but that piece that is missing is about as strong as saran wrap so I wouldn't worry too much.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Also, if this is still available, I would be tempted to drive to Omaha, kick you in the nuts and steal your money and leave it in the driveway for you.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/3549024684.html

I get the appeal of the Durango and like them too, but listen to Nancy "just say no".

Deberg_1990 03-06-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9470188)
Don't forget the part about it not being a Honda! :D

heh, contrary to popular belief, Honda is not the only brand ive ever owned. : )

Bugeater 03-06-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COchief (Post 9470239)
Bug, did this guy drop his price?

Even though it's a small dealer, he has glowing reviews and quite a few on cars.com.

This looks like a good ride, you're getting a big discount due to the stick. Looks like he tagged something with the front bumper, but that piece that is missing is about as strong as saran wrap so I wouldn't worry too much.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Also, if this is still available, I would be tempted to drive to Omaha, kick you in the nuts and steal your money and leave it in the driveway for you.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/3549024684.html

I get the appeal of the Durango and like them too, but listen to Nancy "just say no".

I think that's still the same price on the Xterra, I suppose I should head back down there and take a closer look at it. He did brag about his internet reviews when I was down there last week but something about him just rubbed me the wrong way.

I have not seen that 4runner, did a search for them a while back and they were all waaay out of my price range. That looks like a damn good deal, almost too good. I wouldn't be able to get to Lincoln until tomorrow though, I bet it doesn't last too long.