ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Any thoughts on the potential ice storm this weekend? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=305075)

Titty Meat 01-10-2017 09:01 AM

Raindrops.....

Time's Yours 01-10-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 12672837)
More worried about the fans. Had a friend go to a late year game at Arrowhead and he fell on the ice and broke his leg. Also people traveling.

I'm starting to be concerned about my flight into KC early Saturday morning.

Bwana 01-10-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 12672821)
The field will be covered. If this does happen.The sidelines and seats will be a mess.
Getting there will be a mess. It would take an massive storm to cancel the game.

Then it has to be postponed to Monday-or moved to another site. Detroit favors Pittsburg.
Move it to Minneapolis so I can go.

They installed a heating system under the field awhile back so the field may be wet, but at least it won't be frozen.

ptlyon 01-10-2017 09:07 AM

Just something to keep an eye on. Here last night, one channel was calling for four inches of snow today. Another, nothing. This morning wake to ice just south of us and a few Jack knifed tractor trailers blocking the interstate, but nothing here. Good luck and be safe everybody if it does happen.

wheeler08 01-10-2017 09:08 AM

What's the closest stadium they would play if they don't play in KC? Minneapolis or Indy? Dallas is out cuz they actually play there this year!

Rooster 01-10-2017 09:09 AM

The salty tears of Steelers fans will keep everything safe.

Rooster 01-10-2017 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 12672863)
What's the closest stadium they would play if they don't play in KC? Minneapolis or Indy? Dallas is out cuz they actually play there this year!

St Louis. :eek:

Chieficus 01-10-2017 09:11 AM

I just checked the forecast models that I can access.

Friday afternoon/evening looks like an icy build up for south of I-70, but not large amounts. Right now for Saturday KC and along I-70 looks to be where the freezing line will set up. If that's true, then south will be rain, albeit cold rain; and north of that will be the freezing rain / sleet / ice. Also right now, the vast majority of the precipitation will be rain in southern Missouri.

KC should get some ice, but it won't be anywhere near the catastrophic levels the link in the OP is predicting.

But if the moisture shifts north and the freezing line south, then that's a different story. So it's worth keeping an eye on these next couple of days and make some basic preparations, but overall the ice part seems to be setting up for a run of the mill ice event. If you're living in Nevada, Joplin, Springfield, etc., though--be ready for lots of rain.

kcfanXIII 01-10-2017 09:20 AM

I'm far from panicking, but it does deserve some attention. Just keep an eye on the forecast over the next few days.

Dayze 01-10-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 12672864)
The salty tears of Steelers fans will keep everything safe.

LMAO

wheeler08 01-10-2017 09:36 AM

St Louis was filled with dirt last time I checked

Dartgod 01-10-2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 12672894)
St Louis was filled with dirt last time I checked

He was talking about the stadium, not the residents of St. Louis.

Titty Meat 01-10-2017 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieficus (Post 12672869)

Friday afternoon/evening looks like an icy build up for south of I-70, but not large amounts. Right now for Saturday KC and along I-70 looks to be where the freezing line will set up. If that's true, then south will be rain, albeit cold rain; and north of that will be the freezing rain / sleet / ice. Also right now, the vast majority of the precipitation will be rain in southern Missouri.

KC should get some ice, but it won't be anywhere near the catastrophic levels the link in the OP is predicting.

But if the moisture shifts north and the freezing line south, then that's a different story. So it's worth keeping an eye on these next couple of days and make some basic preparations, but overall the ice part seems to be setting up for a run of the mill ice event. If you're living in Nevada, Joplin, Springfield, etc., though--be ready for lots of rain.

Enough to bring down powerlines in KC?

WhawhaWhat 01-10-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieficus (Post 12672869)

Hopefully nothing like what happened in 2002.

NJChiefsFan 01-10-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 12672787)
I think the bad weather favors Pittsburgh. Am I the only one?

I agree. Going to be tough to stop Bell in any kind of bad weather. Plus the weather won't help attendance which won't help us, obviously.

I will say this. Our two most complete games came in pouring rain @OAK and against DEN.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster (Post 12672867)
St Louis. :eek:

Is it still up? Hypothetically a dome full of KC fans could be quite loud. Man I hated watching games played there. The idea of this game not being played at Arrowhead is sad and unacceptable.