ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Trading for Nick Foles (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269093)

milkman 01-20-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9334803)
First, I want to make it clear I don't want to do this, I just am curious about the franchise tag and am wondering about this. I do not want to draft LT with #1, so don't flame me.

The franchised player gets the average of the top 5 at his position, right? Hypothetically, if we moved Albert to guard first, then used the franchise tag on him would he get the average of the top 5 guards instead of top 5 LTs?

I don't believe there's anyway that they can just label him a guard after playing his entire career at LT and get away with that.

BigRedChief 01-20-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9334814)
I don't believe there's anyway that they can just label him a guard after playing his entire career at LT and get away with that.

THIS!

I don't understand this Albert bashing. He is a good LT. We have way more pressing needs on our team and even on our OL.

Big Chief Homer 01-20-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9334818)
THIS!

I don't understand this Albert bashing. He is a good LT. We have way more pressing needs on our team and even on our OL.

Is been tha way since the day he was drafted.

Move him to guard , draft Okung, Move him to guard Draft Smith, move him to guard draft Loeukel (sp?)

Its been a never ending cycle every year for the last 5 years. I dont understand it.

But the problem is its not just the fans, it guys like mayock and Kiper as well.

"my sources inside the chiefs warroom say the pick is in....and it will be Russell Okung" Jason La conforna

CaliforniaChief 01-20-2013 09:38 AM

The only concern re: Albert is his back. That's why I wouldn't mind a 1 year franchise tag for him just to make sure he's ready to play a full season.

But you can't move Albert to guard. Playing him as a guard would require that you either play him at LG and pay him as a franchise LT (if he's tagged), you give him the contract of a franchise LT and play him at LG (horrible), or you ask him to take a guard-sized contract. Since there are probably 5-10 teams out there who would pay him LT money in a heartbeat, THAT'S not happening either.

Drafting Joeckel is a horrible idea.

CaliforniaChief 01-20-2013 09:39 AM

Also, realize that not only are the "true fans" completely deaf and dumb to the idea of taking a QB #1, but the football media is also. It's unfathomable that the CHIEFS would draft a QB #1. But the Raiders at #3? That makes sense, says Gil Brandt.

BigBeauford 01-20-2013 09:42 AM

Hmmm...

http://i2.listal.com/image/507279/600full-jon-heder.jpg

http://media.philly.com/images/08221...sVideo_400.jpg

BigMeatballDave 01-20-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9334830)
Also, realize that not only are the "true fans" completely deaf and dumb to the idea of taking a QB #1, but the football media is also. It's unfathomable that the CHIEFS would draft a QB #1. But the Raiders at #3? That makes sense, says Gil Brandt.

I said it last night, these dipshits still think Cassel is a good QB.

scho63 01-20-2013 09:48 AM

Didn't we just do this awful shit for the last 4 years? Bring in a backup QB and try to build around him???

HELL NO-ONLY AS A BACKUP. WHY DO WE NEED TWO CASSELS?

WTF?!?!?!

:#

ChiefBoyRDEE 01-20-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9334753)
No problem dude. Trolls are what we don't tolerate and you don't fit into that category.

Even Chief fans have to have a thick skin to last here. It gets kind of rough. It's the least moderated football board on the internet. It's a helluva lot more interesting especially in the long off season. Gave you some rep. If you are red, everyone will think you are a troll.

thanks man, it will feel real good to be green :D

RealSNR 01-20-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9334715)
Wilson is a better QB (or will be) than Geno.

You've been telling us that Manti Te'o is the "can't miss" guy for months, and then told us Tyler Wilson will be available to us in the 2nd.

And this is hardly the depths of your dumbassery. You've said far dumber things in past drafts here.

NOBODY thinks your opinions are great. They all think you're ****ing stupid. So go fist a cow.

okcchief 01-20-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9334601)
Nick Foles ****ing sucks

Stanzi > Cousins > Foles

Don't exaggerate. I don't want Foles, but Stanzi had a better chance to start than any backup the last few years in the NFL, and couldn't get one ****ing snap.

CaliforniaChief 01-20-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdumbGuy (Post 9334659)
Wait, wait, wait... you want to keep Cassel around?

Reading comprehension. Make it your friend.

There are two other options I'd prefer for our BACKUP position.
-Sign a vet.
-Draft our own guy.

Cassel's fine as a backup. That's what he is, and his salary drops to a reasonable amount for one. I think he's toxic and will ultimately be cut, and I'm fine with that. I'm great with that.

But giving up a pick for someone else's trash for our backup?

Yeah, no.

Rausch 01-20-2013 11:17 AM

No.

They can post all the glamour pics they want but he's a turd.

Chris Meck 01-20-2013 11:46 AM

My initial gut reaction was a big "Oh, HELL no!"

But as I consider...

Foles is a totally different scenario than Cassel, or Bono, or Grbac, or Deberg, or anyone else The Chiefs have traded for/signed over the last twenty or so years.

Foles was Reid's QBOTF. He was not drafted to be a backup, he was drafted to be the starter-probably in 2014, but that was the idea. IF Reid wanted to do this, I would cut them slack and get behind it. This would be more like an acquiring of Brett Favre from the Falcons and less like an acquiring Matt Cassel.

I'd give a 2nd for him, as i think he's shown a little at the NFL level and thus would place him above the Glennon/Nassib types in this year's draft. I still would personally place him behind the Geno/Wilson level, though. But honestly, not by much.

I might consider swapping firsts-and taking whichever is left from the Geno/Wilson/Barkley group with the Eagles #1. Take it to camp and let'em fight it out.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-20-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9334849)
Didn't we just do this awful shit for the last 4 years? Bring in a backup QB and try to build around him???

HELL NO-ONLY AS A BACKUP. WHY DO WE NEED TWO CASSELS?

WTF?!?!?!

:#

Last 20 plus years actually, but some can't get enough of leftovers.