ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Books Ok for the high brow crowd what books you are reading (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=137161)

007 03-16-2006 12:39 AM

Violets are Blue - James Patterson An Alex Cross novel

greg63 03-16-2006 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2rite
There's a Christian author, Roger Elwood, who wrote a book called Angelwalk. EXCELLENT book. There's a trilogy based on it as well that includes Angelwalk, Fallen Angel, and Stedfast Gaurdian Angel.

I'll look for them on Amazon. :thumb:

luv 03-16-2006 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg63
I'll look for them on Amazon. :thumb:

You MUST read Angelwalk in order to fully understand the other two.

greg63 03-16-2006 12:44 AM

Quote:

You MUST read Angelwalk in order to fully understand the other two.

I see; kinda like the "Left Behind" series.

Thanks for the tip.

007 03-16-2006 12:45 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the tip.

That was a great series.

greg63 03-16-2006 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsguru
That is a great series.

:thumb:

Fixed your post. :D

luv 03-16-2006 12:49 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the tip.

Kind of, but not really. You don't have to read Fallen Angel to understand Stedfast Guardian Angel or vice versa. They are both based on Angelwalk, only from different characters prespectives.

007 03-16-2006 12:50 AM

Quote:

:thumb:

Fixed your post. :D

Potato, potahto

Smartazz. ROFL

greg63 03-16-2006 12:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsguru
Potato, potahto

Smartazz. ROFL

ROFLROFLROFL

Why yes, yes he is thank you.

greg63 03-16-2006 01:03 AM

Quote:

Kind of, but not really. You don't have to read Fallen Angel to understand Stedfast Guardian Angel or vice versa. They are both based on Angelwalk, only from different characters prespectives.

Sounds good. That is a neat way begin a series.

NewChief 03-16-2006 06:04 AM

Just picked up Summerland by Michael Chabon

Frazod 06-14-2006 10:25 PM

BUMP

It took me about a month and a half to get through Alexander Hamilton (I basically only read on the train on the way home from work, and the book is 800 pages long). I know I was pimping this on another thread a couple of days ago, but I wanted resurrect this one.

Since then, I've read Devil in the White City, a book which weaves together the stories of Chicago's 1893 Columbian Exposition and a serial killer who operated in Chicago at the same time. An interesting, although somewhat disjointed, read.

And a couple of minutes ago, I finished Biggest Brother, a biography of Major Dick Winters from Band of Brothers. Excellent companion to BoB and goes much more in depth. I highly recommend it. What an amazing guy.

Must find new book tomorrow.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 06-14-2006 10:31 PM

Reading "Podcasting for Dummies" by Tee Morris and Evo Terra.

Oh yeah, and some Star Trek e-book called <i>S.C.E. #63, "Echoes of Coventry"</i> by some hack named Richard C. White. Just came out a few weeks ago. He obviously has pictures of the editor or something.

Frazod 06-14-2006 11:14 PM

Forgot to mention Angels & Demons (I knew I was missing something for that long a time period).

Much, much better than Da Vinci Code. I wish they'd made A&D into a movie. Of course, nobody trying to make a movie from one of Dan Brown's books will ever even sniff the inside of the Vatican now. :D

patteeu 06-14-2006 11:35 PM

Just started The Zenith Angle by Bruce Sterling. So far it's pretty good although it's a small departure from his cyberpunk roots. It's a novel about a computer security guy who leaves a high paying job in private industry after 9/11 to help fight the information security aspect of the GWoT.