ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Who do you take? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=176696)

Ebolapox 12-15-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by findthedr
no. blowing our top 10 pick on ANOTHER dt after spending a 2nd and 3rd for 2 in 2007, and not addressing our OLine will get us another top pick.

ya know what? I've been a chiefs fan since 1989. I'm 25 years old in a month. I'm sick to death of the losing mentality of the chiefs organization. we haven't truly rebuilt in my whole time as a chiefs fan.

call me nuts, but I'd take 2-3 years of top ten picks, an overhaul of our front office, a team full of young talent (which can ONLY be done by picking early in every round for a few years)...

the colts didn't get good by finishing 7-9 every year. they got manning by picking FIRST in the draft. the patriot's core of talent came from losing for so long. the chargers young talent came from being sh*tty for a while.

I want the chiefs to win a super bowl. but we aren't winning any lombardi's any time soon, so we may as well build ourselves TO something rather than accepting mediocrity year after fucking year.

JohninGpt 12-15-2007 10:35 PM

Quote:

cool.

at WPI one cant question future HOF and MVP boomer grigsby.
coalition has their own problems.

I like Boomer, he may have a future in radio. But the life of the Planet is it's acceptance of anyone with at least half a brain.

Ebolapox 12-15-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

I guess thats our difference. I dont want to be bad ever again. Their are alot of teams that drafted high yr after yr (Cinci, Det, Oak) and have never been anything more than avg.

I know TG only has a couple more yrs left in the tank, and the likelyhood of getting someone of his caliber again,IMO, is slim. Rebuilding the oline is the fastest way to get this team good again, and hopefully along that way we become great.

games arent won in draft rooms, or in FA....its won on any given sunday.
we goto play to win the game. okaaay. ROFL

that's where we diverge I guess. I've had my fill of being just good enough for the playoffs, but not good enough to EVER hoist the lombardi. sloppy drafting and signing free agents for the now is what got us into this mess. this mess sucks.

I'm willing to sacrifice a few years for a chance at a lombardi. remember, if you don't get to hoist that one trophy, your season is a failure. I'm sick of this team failing perennially.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-15-2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

you said Dorsey was never the same afterwards. You never said he will ever be the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

Jesus, fucking cocksucking monkey whore raping Christ on a shit-covered shingle, are you really that goddamned stupid?

Godfuck, I can't goddamned believe that your ass is this stupid. Christ almighty...Jesus...:shake:

the Talking Can 12-15-2007 11:14 PM

Quote:

you said Dorsey was never the same afterwards. You never said he will ever be the same.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

ok, you must be reeruned....or is English your second language?

MadMax 12-15-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins
Jesus, fucking cocksucking monkey whore raping Christ on a shit-covered shingle, are you really that goddamned stupid?

Godfuck, I can't goddamned believe that your ass is this stupid. Christ almighty...Jesus...:shake:

ROFL ROFL Hell of a rant :) rep

MadMax 12-15-2007 11:38 PM

Quote:

I guess thats our difference. I dont want to be bad ever again. Their are alot of teams that drafted high yr after yr (Cinci, Det, Oak) and have never been anything more than avg.

I know TG only has a couple more yrs left in the tank, and the likelyhood of getting someone of his caliber again,IMO, is slim. Rebuilding the oline is the fastest way to get this team good again, and hopefully along that way we become great.

games arent won in draft rooms, or in FA....its won on any given sunday.
we goto play to win the game. okaaay. ROFL

blah! Tony wil NEVER sniff a Superbowl thanks to this team s mismagement and ineptitude....

Chiefspants 12-16-2007 12:31 AM

Dorsey is just too good

StillHonest 12-16-2007 07:44 AM

Dorsey is a no brainer. Plus he probably plays music like his uncle Tommy did.

milkman 12-16-2007 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Bong
I don't want to draft an inferior player just to win an extra game next year....

Anyone who thinks differently is a dumbass.

Drafting to fill a need for years is one of the primary reasons the Chiefs suck ass right bnow.

KcMizzou 12-16-2007 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins

LMAO Classic.

AustinChief 12-16-2007 12:54 PM

Not to further hijack the thread... but the Second Commandment is one of the MOST mistranslated/misunderstood. This is why people quoting the bible are 99% of the time embarrasing themselves. If you can't read the original text AND understand ALL the cultural aspects related to the people of that time... don't even bother.

"Taking the Lord's name in vain" is related to taking oaths... mostly swearing to God not using the Lord's name as a curse word... THAT would not be a commandment at the time due to the fact that it would be so obvious... hell, they believed speaking the Lord's true name would cause instant death.

And lastly, Jake Long has as much potential to be an elite player as Dorsey. Both could also be busts. After watching both, I was more impressed with Long. He DOMINATED at his position... The big ten has 3 or 4 really great DEs... Florida has another great one... if he can dominate in the upcoming bowl game... I can't see how anyone could argue against him.