ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dear, Vikings: Thanks for our quarterback; Sincerely, Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197822)

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-04-2008 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5269642)
defenses can't really even prepare because every week we do something a lot different...we ran the spread 90% of the game against the Jets...something we've never done...so obviously they were off balance...

Then, against Tampa, Thigpen operated under center for the majority of the 1st half...where we scored 24 points and had 3 straight TD drives...

Then, when LJ returned we started running out of the pistol...

At least the offensive creativity displayed saved the season from being a total disaster and made some games entertaining...which is something I didn't see possible two months ago.

I'm no fan of R2P2, and I DO like the creativity that Gailey has brought to the table with Thigpen.
I just believe that you're not going to get to the playoffs running the football out of a shotgun.

Micjones 12-04-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5269651)
I'm no fan of R2P2, and I DO like the creativity that Gailey has brought to the table with Thigpen.
I just believe that you're not going to get to the playoffs running the football out of a shotgun.

I don't believe they'll have to.
I think Gailey will have time to really flesh out the playbook and add more wrinkles to the philosophy in the off-season. There's only so much you can do when you're gameplanning on a weekly basis.

I think you can tweak this offense just like Saunders tailored the Air Coryell offense to his offensive weapons.
Remember...In the early-going they didn't exactly know what to do with Priest.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-04-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5269684)
I think Gailey will have time to really flesh out the playbook and add more wrinkles to the philosophy in the off-season. There's only so much you can do when you're gameplanning on a weekly basis.

I think you can tweak this offense just like Saunders tailored the Air Coryell offense to his offensive weapons.

True enough!

kcchiefsus 12-04-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Jesus (Post 5269355)
With Herm calling Tyler a #2, I have a good feeling that he will draft a Bradford or Stafford in the draft.

That's not what he meant. He is saying Tyler is at the very least a #2. These last 4 games will go a ways towards deciding if he is more than that.

CoMoChief 12-04-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 5269684)

Yet still Priest led the NFL in rushing that season. It hink they had a pretty good idea what to do with him.

Kerberos 12-04-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 5269555)
And so ignoring it proves your point?!?!?

Gochiefs, you are such an idiot...ROFL

Yup

I'm pretty sure you are dead on with the Goat Cheeze alias.

kcchiefsus 12-04-2008 02:38 PM

I think what will determine if Tyler can be our QBOTF, or at least for the near future until we find somebody better, is whether he can learn to play under center about 50% of the time. If he can play out of both the shotgun and under center and be successful then I think we might have a keeper. We'll see how he does in the offseason when they have time to form the offense around him.

DaneMcCloud 12-04-2008 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5269329)
Oh baby; that is one laundry list full of Wrong.

You can't handicap the running game by working out of the shotgun all day. I'm a fan of Thigpen, but this is just scary stupid.

Um, have you ever watched the New England Patriots with Tom Brady?

How about the Philadelphia Eagles this decade?

60/40 Pass to Run ratio.

This team is a few offensive lineman away from dominance. I truly believe that will happen in the 2009 off-season.

Herm even mentioned the O-line in this article.

DaneMcCloud 12-04-2008 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 5269631)
Its going to be hard to get 8 wins next year. The coaches Herm has to go up against are far head and shoulders above Herm...

So with Herms usual 2 game collaspe with his spineless approach to coaching and probably 2-3 games where Herm will just be out coached, I can see this team going between 4-12 and 6-10, and give just a maricle of a season and coaching job from Herm 7-9 at best...

If the Chiefs go 7-9 next year with another batch of successful draft choices added to the current youngest team in the NFL, he'll get at least a three year extension.

BigChiefFan 12-04-2008 03:00 PM

Brilliant. Herm was Hell Bent on scrap heaping a potent offense for 40 plus games and now all the sudden, he's had a revelation? Bullshit. This is, save your own ass, coach speak and I'm not buying it. Herm will be right back to his conservative ways, when ever the heat is off. Besides that, who in the Hell actually buys that Thigpen was Herm's starter form day one? Two-Face is full of shit.

HemiEd 12-04-2008 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerberos (Post 5269728)
Yup

I'm pretty sure you are dead on with the Goat Cheeze alias.

I called it on his first few posts.

Brock 12-04-2008 03:02 PM

Yeah, if only we had kept Willie Roaf, Priest Holmes and Trent Green.

BigChiefFan 12-04-2008 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 5269795)
Yeah, if only we had kept Willie Roaf, Priest Holmes and Trent Green.

I know-they are the only Players that can run the Air Coreyell, right?:D

Chieftain58 12-04-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 5269356)
You do realize that since we've gone spread we've rushed the ball more, gained more yards and have a higher yards per carry average?

Let's see how he finishes out the season. How many years left on his contract?

Chieftain58 12-04-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 5269741)
I think what will determine if Tyler can be our QBOTF, or at least for the near future until we find somebody better, is whether he can learn to play under center about 50% of the time. If he can play out of both the shotgun and under center and be successful then I think we might have a keeper. We'll see how he does in the offseason when they have time to form the offense around him.

I think you have said it perfectly... can he play under center?