ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cassel Chronicles: The Conclusion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=211171)

Mecca 08-01-2009 10:38 AM

That's a hell of an out of context take on what he said.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5939808)
It's not even so much the stat, if you've watched him play or talk to people that have on a consistent basis his deep ball is the first thing that is brought up as something he doesn't do well.

He's just not accurate with it at all, he hit a few and missed badly with alot. No one respects your deep ball if when you throw it you miss by a huge degree.

have you done either? i have watched EVERY game from last year. most of the time moss was OVERTHROWN and appeared to be dogging it. go back run a search, i said this BEFORE the season was half over last year, BEFORE there was even ANY thought of us trading for cassel.

milkman 08-01-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5940219)
you stupid ignorant mother****er. name me one QB playing, not playing, hell on mother****ing madden 2008-09-10 anywhere that throws a perfectly tight beautiful pass EVERY TIME.

[KnoMo2724]Kyle Orton[/Homo2724].

:D

SAUTO 08-01-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940224)
That's a hell of an out of context take on what he said.

no it's not. they were talking about throws and ROR throws out the "are you telling me EVERY pass" bullshit.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5940229)
[KnoMo2724]Kyle Orton[/Homo2724].

:D

ROFL thats good shit there

Mecca 08-01-2009 10:41 AM

I admit I think it's pretty funny how it's somehow Moss' fault that Cassel was throwing deep balls to basically no one alot of the time.

Yes I've seen him play a bunch of one of my best friends is a Bills fan, cmon lets be serious here.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940235)
I admit I think it's pretty funny how it's somehow Moss' fault that Cassel was throwing deep balls to basically no one alot of the time.

Yes I've seen him play a bunch of one of my best friends is a Bills fan, cmon lets be serious here.

whos gives a shit if your friend is a bills fan. what does that have to do with it? he saw them twice last year? i WATCHED EVERY GAME. if moss isnt running full out it would make perfect sense that the ball was overthrown, again look back i said the same things in the middle of last season

Mecca 08-01-2009 10:50 AM

Why don't we discuss something a little more important than his ****ing deep ball.

Like his hugely wide shotgun and under center splits, frankly those stats say he sucks from center, that is a huge issue that he has to work on.

I don't see why pointing out flaws that he has to improve upon gets some kind of venomous reaction. He's not a top QB right now obviously he has flaws he has to work on, calm the hell down.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940259)
Why don't we discuss something a little more important than his ****ing deep ball.

Like his hugely wide shotgun and under center splits, frankly those stats say he sucks from center, that is a huge issue that he has to work on.

I don't see why pointing out flaws that he has to improve upon gets some kind of venomous reaction. He's not a top QB right now obviously he has flaws he has to work on, calm the hell down.

i could give a shit about the splits, they were due IMO to the fact that whhen he had a 5-7 step drop the DEs were hitting him when his back foot hit the ground. all one has to do is watch the jets games. several times cassel hit his back foot and stepped up immediately only to have both DEs run right into one another. hell the announcers were even laughing about it by the end of the game.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 11:06 AM

and to say he's not a top qb right now is funny shit. where did he rank among Qbs last year?

Mecca 08-01-2009 11:08 AM

Jason thinks Matt Cassel is a franchise top 5 in the league QB apparently....Now that is funny shit.

milkman 08-01-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940259)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5940285)
i could give a shit about the splits, they were due IMO to the fact that whhen he had a 5-7 step drop the DEs were hitting him when his back foot hit the ground. all one has to do is watch the jets games. several times cassel hit his back foot and stepped up immediately only to have both DEs run right into one another. hell the announcers were even laughing about it by the end of the game.

I also think that, unless a rookie QB or first year starter, has a really strong running game to support him, they'll all work better from the shotgun than they do under center.

It's the most difficult position to learn and excel at in football.

As time passes and a QB gets more comfortable and his game becomes more instinctive, he'll improve under center.

SAUTO 08-01-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5940290)
Jason thinks Matt Cassel is a franchise top 5 in the league QB apparently....Now that is funny shit.

are you ****ing stupid? why make shit up? i never said anything remotely close to that. i actually think he is a top 10 though. where did he rank last year again?

milkman 08-01-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 5940286)
and to say he's not a top qb right now is funny shit. where did he rank among Qbs last year?

I wouldn't go that far, but I think he does have some potential.

Mecca 08-01-2009 11:11 AM

He's not a top 10 QB....which even still he's not an elite QB which means he has flaws to work on.

I don't get why you are flipping the **** out when someone says he has things to work on. You'd think the man has no flaws the way you defend everything about him.