ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Vicodin, Does it work for you? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=215898)

DTLB58 11-15-2012 08:47 AM

I'm currently using it with Tylenol for a knee replacement I just had. Nothing else would touch the pain. This stuff works great!

okoye35chiefs 11-15-2012 08:51 AM

really sucks when you are allergic to all these great meds you guys have brought up!!!!

Guess I'll take my green death flavor Nyquil for everything!

patteeu 11-15-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9120511)
I'm currently using it with Tylenol for a knee replacement I just had. Nothing else would touch the pain. This stuff works great!

Be careful mixing vicodin and tylenol. Vicodin already has tylenol in it so you've got to account for that double dosing.

patteeu 11-15-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9120517)
really sucks when you are allergic to all these great meds you guys have brought up!!!!

Guess I'll take my green death flavor Nyquil for everything!

Does it just make you itch or is it a more severe reaction?

okoye35chiefs 11-15-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9120537)
Does it just make you itch or is it a more severe reaction?

No way worse. I shattered my right arm in 14 places and they gave me Codiene when I got to the hospital.

Throat swelled up, couldn't breathe, hives.. pretty scary..

SAUTO 11-15-2012 09:17 AM

I don't take pain meds.
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu 11-15-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9120542)
No way worse. I shattered my right arm in 14 places and they gave me Codiene when I got to the hospital.

Throat swelled up, couldn't breathe, hives.. pretty scary..

Yikes

okoye35chiefs 11-15-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9120568)
Yikes

Yeah, I was throwing a football (right handed) the oncoming defender put up his hands and pushed my elbow the opposite direction...

snap, crackle, pop... arm dangled.. bicep went forward while my elbow went backwards... talk about some PAIN.... :eek:

Picked up my arm with my left and said "I gotta go".....

lcarus 11-15-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROYC75 (Post 9119575)
Oh snap, no freaking way I could do that. I would have to make a trip to the ER nightly to get to sleep, working during the day would be a major, major issue.

Living on 4 - 10 mgs oxycodone & 4 - 800 Nuerotin isn't enough to kill the pain, going without anything would be suicide for me. Too much pain in so many areas t combat without some type of help.

It was tough, no doubt, but a lot of it is mental. Like I think when I'm out of meds my brain makes the pain seem more than it is just because I'm out of the meds. As far as the withdrawals, that's mostly just mental too. See I'm not a big fan of the pills so part of me was kinda refreshed to be off of them for a while.

R8RFAN 11-15-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9120533)
Be careful mixing vicodin and tylenol. Vicodin already has tylenol in it so you've got to account for that double dosing.

THIS

Overdosing Tylenol will mess your liver up

BigCatDaddy 11-15-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9120489)
Really? Increased your sex drive? That's interesting...

Endorphin increase = Increased sex drive.

ROYC75 11-15-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9120633)
It was tough, no doubt, but a lot of it is mental. Like I think when I'm out of meds my brain makes the pain seem more than it is just because I'm out of the meds. As far as the withdrawals, that's mostly just mental too. See I'm not a big fan of the pills so part of me was kinda refreshed to be off of them for a while.

I would love to be able to stop taking them, I have no pain tolerance in my later years. When I was younger I could go without it, just too weak now having been on them for 17 years.

With no insurance, I hope this ObamaCare is as good as the Obots are harping about. With all of the pre-exsisting conditions I have, I could be a case study for a group of young doctors.

DTLB58 11-15-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9120558)
I don't take pain meds.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's what I use to say. Then they cut a 9" path down the center of my chest and replaced my arotic valve with a mechanical one.

When I woke about 4-5 hours later and for the next 5 months I was begging for anything they would give me.

I was only 46 years old and the Dr. told the nurses, you have to remember most of the patients we do open heart surgery on the days their nerves in their chest are already dead and have no feeling (Thanks) this guy is young enough, he is still feeling everything. Give him more TLC.

Buck 11-15-2012 07:20 PM

Bleh feeling depressed. Been on Vicodin + Flexiril for 3 days. I'm not taking anymore starting tomorrow.

HonestChieffan 11-15-2012 07:40 PM

Go get a real doc. If you still have pain pills are not the answer. Go to Orthopedic Institute in OP.