ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports The Fishing Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=223680)

Bill Lundberg 03-25-2010 05:41 PM

Has anyone ever fished Shawnee Mission Lake or Heritage for trout? I guess they stocked 4,000 lbs of trout in each one earlier in the month. I may go give it a try tomorrow morning. Any spots would be much appreciated.

Rooster 03-26-2010 12:02 PM

bump for da fishes

Radar Chief 03-26-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 6575361)
Headed to Bennett Springs tomorrow and the weather couldn't be better for slaying many rainbows.

Friday - Sunny and 56
Saturday - Cloudy and 57 (slight chance of showers. I have rain gear and don't care.)
Sunday - Partly Sunny and 62

So how did that work out?

Radar Chief 03-26-2010 12:21 PM

I’m headed out tonight. Anyone else?
Going to throw a buffet at them, worms, livers and minnows. Maybe even a goldfish if the bait store has them in.

Bill Lundberg 03-26-2010 12:45 PM

Spent two hours this morning doing something I've never done before. That is throwing pink berkely power bait at stocked trout in hopes of getting a bite. I didn't get a bite, but it was good to be out!

Quote:

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.

~Henry David Thoreau

Bill Lundberg 04-08-2010 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone had any luck? I've been out 3 or 4 times and not much happening for me so far. Caught this little guy while trying to catch crappie. Sadly he's the first, biggest and best of the year so far.

ZootedGranny 04-08-2010 01:52 PM

My old man and I haven't gotten the boat out on the water yet due to problems with the tow vehicle, so we've done a bit of fishing at James A Reed.

Last week I went twice and caught two bass, this week I've went twice and caught ten. It feels good to be catching them instead of getting skunked, but I think all told, the twelve have weighed ten pounds.

One caught on a jig, one on a spinnerbait, and the rest on plastic worms.

Radar Chief 04-08-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Lundberg (Post 6660852)
Anyone had any luck? I've been out 3 or 4 times and not much happening for me so far. Caught this little guy while trying to catch crappie. Sadly he's the first, biggest and best of the year so far.

Not really but I’ve had a couple of friends tell me they started getting into Crappie on farm ponds so I’m going to a friends land tomorrow with some minnows to give it a try.

Bill Lundberg 04-08-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny (Post 6660872)
My old man and I haven't gotten the boat out on the water yet due to problems with the tow vehicle, so we've done a bit of fishing at James A Reed.

Last week I went twice and caught two bass, this week I've went twice and caught ten. It feels good to be catching them instead of getting skunked, but I think all told, the twelve have weighed ten pounds.

One caught on a jig, one on a spinnerbait, and the rest on plastic worms.

I'm headed out there Sat. morning with my father in law. Which pond are you catching them on if you don't mind my asking? I've always had the most luck on Jack Rabbit.

NewChief 04-08-2010 02:27 PM

White bass, hybrids, and stripers are running right now, and I haven't been out to chase them.

Here's few pics of someone who has:
http://www.mcflyshop.com/images/reports/101_0140.jpg

Radar Chief 04-08-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6660953)
White bass, hybrids, and stripers are running right now, and I haven't been out to chase them.

Here's few pics of someone how has:
http://www.mcflyshop.com/images/reports/101_0140.jpg

Good to know they’re finally running.
How’s the water temp there? It was only 58 here last weekend but we’re supposed to get a couple days of sunshine so I’m hoping it will improve.

thawk 04-08-2010 03:58 PM

Walleye slow on Table Rock last weekend. Spent four days fishing Holiday Island area. I caught a 4#2oz My buddy caught a 9#6oz. Made the trip to see him catch that.

NewChief 04-08-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thawk (Post 6661168)
Walleye slow on Table Rock last weekend. Spent four days fishing Holiday Island area. I caught a 4#2oz My buddy caught a 9#6oz. Made the trip to see him catch that.

That's a nice sized walleye. We're finally starting to get a decent walleye population here. I've fished for them up in the boundary waters, and I enjoy eating them... but I've never really fished for them down here. We basically just trolled for them in the boundary waters. Great way to drink beer and fish... but not real exciting either.

ZootedGranny 04-08-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Lundberg (Post 6660947)
I'm headed out there Sat. morning with my father in law. Which pond are you catching them on if you don't mind my asking? I've always had the most luck on Jack Rabbit.

Half on Jack Rabbit, three on Catclaw and two on Plover.

Bill Lundberg 04-08-2010 06:58 PM

Anyone know where you can buy live bait in South KC/Johnson County area?