ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KC signs Gaither (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248361)

Pasta Little Brioni 08-11-2011 11:45 AM

The Kool-Aid Man just burst through my wall shouting PIOLI!!!

KurtCobain 08-11-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 7817230)
The Kool-Aid Man just burst through my wall shouting PIOLI!!!

OH YEAH

KurtCobain 08-11-2011 11:47 AM

We are signing alot of broke dicks.

Direckshun 08-11-2011 11:47 AM

I seriously don't ever remember reading about a GM this far ahead of the game.

The guy brought in Sean Witherspoon for the 2010 draft season, not to work him out, but to ask him in private about Aldon Smith for the 2011 draft season.

He works player networks like nothing else, I swear to god. It's phenomenal how hard this guy works.

Direckshun 08-11-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 7817235)
We are signing alot of broke dicks.

HOW BOUT I BREAK YOUR DICK RIGHT NOW

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT YOU BETTER WALK AWAY

DeezNutz 08-11-2011 11:49 AM

Love this signing. Very smart move.

keg in kc 08-11-2011 11:50 AM

Might want to wait and see if he can even play before getting too carried away talking about the future or whether his work ethic has been miraculously changed. Back injuries are no joke.

J Diddy 08-11-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7817223)
Good idea.
If Cassel goes down we pin our hopes on a rookie drafted in the Fifth Round.

Right now our hopes are pinned on a 7th round draft pick.

Direckshun 08-11-2011 11:52 AM

I love the combination of our GM and Haley.

Pioli literally does love trying this no-risk signings and seeing what happens.

He then throws the player at Haley who puts him through the grinder, absolutely zero ****ing exceptions.

If he tries dogging on Haley, Haley will absolutely break the mother****er, and he will have to go, or he'll have to step it up. Haley DOES NOT MAKE exceptions.

Meanwhile, Richardson is looking over his shoulder. Expect the best Barry has to offer this year.

keg in kc 08-11-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherLover (Post 7817244)

A 7th round draft picks with 3 years of starts. A 5th round draft pick who didn't even get a spring and summer's worth of OTAs.

You don't have to be a fan of Cassel (and I'm not) to figure the former is a better option than the latter right now.

jbwm89 08-11-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherLover (Post 7817244)

Yeah and those morons in New England have pinned their hopes on a 6th round pick, that will never work out for them.

Skyy God 08-11-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7817256)
A 7th round draft picks with 3 years of starts. A 5th round draft pick who didn't even get a spring and summer's worth of OTAs.

You don't have to be a fan of Cassel (and I'm not) to figure the former is a better option than the latter right now.

And a street FA QB would have even less time in the system than Stanzi....

Rausch 08-11-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7817223)
Good idea.
If Cassel goes down we pin our hopes on a rookie drafted in the Fifth Round.

Yes, we do.

I doubt he $3it's his pants as much as Croyle did.

Let me take that back. Under this GM you won't have a QB starting 10 or 11 games, all losses...

ShowtimeSBMVP 08-11-2011 12:09 PM

August 11, 2011

Gaither signs with Kansas City

Jared Gaither becomes the third ex-Ravens starter to sign with Kansas City, joining nose tackle Kelly Gregg and Le'Ron McClain with the Chiefs. The signing was first announced by the Chiefs.

It will be a homecoming of sorts next week when the Chiefs play the Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium in the second preseason game.

Gaither wasn't expected to return after all of the drama from last season.

Gaither visited Oakland a few weeks ago and it appeared like he was going to sign with the Raiders. But he left without signing a contract, which prompted rumors that his back hadn't fully healed.

Gaither has the look of a prototypical left tackle, and he has the size and athleticism that teams covet at that position. He’s young (turned 25 in March). He’s experienced (33 starts including five in the playoffs). And he’s talented (he could develop into a Pro Bowl player).

But his work ethic and health is very questionable at this point. He lost his starting job at Maryland because he didn’t show a commitment to the game, and he’s garnering the same reputation in the NFL.

Gaither reported a handful of times to the offseason conditioning program last season, and he often misses practice time. A Ravens official said the team couldn't depend on Gaither to play every Sunday. A foot injury caused him to miss most of the offseason camps, and a back injury sidelined him for the entire 2010 season (although his agent said Gaither has fully recovered now).

The Bad Guy 08-11-2011 12:10 PM

I hope this is a 2-year deal. Guy might take some time to get into shape, rehab his back.

He's a young ascending player, who 2 years ago was viewed by many as being a top 10 tackle in the NFL.