ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2012 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254491)

Ceej 01-05-2012 02:07 PM

I'm a taste guy. I've tried the powder packets to help flavor water and still have yet to find one I really enjoy.

I like tea (flavored), orange juice and Gatorade.

I'm not trying to avoid all sugars, or other unhealthy things but just trying to find a viable replacement for my beloved mtn. Dew.

NewChief 01-05-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8266299)
I'm a taste guy. I've tried the powder packets to help flavor water and still have yet to find one I really enjoy.

I like tea (flavored), orange juice and Gatorade.

I'm not trying to avoid all sugars, or other unhealthy things but just trying to find a viable replacement for my beloved mtn. Dew.

I've heard good things about the Mio drops.

http://www.kimkins.com/mio-water-flavor-drops/

Ceej 01-05-2012 02:42 PM

Tried them. Not too bad. My main focus is making more healthy food/drink decisions and working out -- primarily the bike at the gym. My main concer is shedding pounds, rather than adding muscles, bulk, etc.

As far as beverages, other than pop, what should I avoid?!

NewChief 01-05-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8266477)
Tried them. Not too bad. My main focus is making more healthy food/drink decisions and working out -- primarily the bike at the gym. My main concer is shedding pounds, rather than adding muscles, bulk, etc.

As far as beverages, other than pop, what should I avoid?!

With beverages, I'd just watch the calories (and sugars to a lesser extent). People don't realize that they can suck down 1/3-1/2 of their daily caloric needs in a coffee shake (assuming that you're trying to restrict calories, not bulk up). They can completely screw their diet without feeling like they've eaten anything.

Ceej 01-05-2012 02:50 PM

So, essentially stick with water, some flavored water and plain tea?!

Man, it's going to be hard going w/o OJ.

And how ironic I'm drinking an AMP while posting in this thread.

NewChief 01-05-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8266518)
So, essentially stick with water, some flavored water and plain tea?!

Man, it's going to be hard going w/o OJ.

And how ironic I'm drinking an AMP while posting in this thread.

I don't think there's anything wrong with drinking juice. Just realize that it has calories and don't suck it down all day. Water should definitely be your "all day" drink for staying hydrated.

Ceej 01-05-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8266536)
I don't think there's anything wrong with drinking juice. Just realize that it has calories and don't suck it down all day. Water should definitely be your "all day" drink for staying hydrated.

I've heard juice, especially OJ should be drank in smaller quantities. Someone else told me OJ makes people more hungry.

Looks like water it's gonna have to be water and water only.

penguinz 01-05-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8266565)
I've heard juice, especially OJ should be drank in smaller quantities. Someone else told me OJ makes people more hungry.

Looks like water it's gonna have to be water and water only.

OJ is also very acidic and can eat a hole in your stomach. Friend of mine ended up in the ER with horrendous stomach pain and drinking ass loads of OJ and combining it with Alieve was the cause.

Ceej 01-05-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 8266707)
OJ is also very acidic and can eat a hole in your stomach. Friend of mine ended up in the ER with horrendous stomach pain and drinking ass loads of OJ and combining it with Alieve was the cause.

That reminds me. I used to drink a large glass of OJ with my hot sauce, jalapeno-covered pizza. Perfect combination.

Those were the days.

Ceej 01-05-2012 03:47 PM

What's everyone's best advice to shed some easy pounds?!

I recently got a gym membership at Maximus in Topeka. I do the bike for 30 minutes and it kills calories like whoa. I'd like to shed 20-30 pounds before I go back to Wichita for my birthday in March. I've avoided pop and fried foods for the most part. I'm no cook by any stretch of the imagination, but I need to eat healthier -- for sure.

BigCatDaddy 01-05-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8266724)
What's everyone's best advice to shed some easy pounds?!

I recently got a gym membership at Maximus in Topeka. I do the bike for 30 minutes and it kills calories like whoa. I'd like to shed 20-30 pounds before I go back to Wichita for my birthday in March. I've avoided pop and fried foods for the most part. I'm no cook by any stretch of the imagination, but I need to eat healthier -- for sure.

Weights + Cardio + Counting calories(stay at a reduced calorie intake) = Winning!

There some other proven stuff out there that may help a bit that's safe. Green Tea extract and 7-keto come to mind.

Ceej 01-05-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8266731)
Weights + Cardio + Counting calories = Winning!

Man, I haven't lifted weights since high school LMAO at this point in my life I'm much more comfortable doing cardio. I feel the most comfortable on the bike while I get back into the swing of things.

BigCatDaddy 01-05-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8266737)
Man, I haven't lifted weights since high school LMAO at this point in my life I'm much more comfortable doing cardio. I feel the most comfortable on the bike while I get back into the swing of things.

Can I ask how old you are? I understand and I can't find the study at the moment, but combing weight training and cardio is much more efficient at weight loss then cardio alone.

ChiefsOne 01-05-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8259864)
You're clearly not a fan of Crossfit. ;)

I do Crossfit 2-3 days a week and a regular workout out 1-2 of the other days. It's a good balance, I get both the strength and cardio! I only workout 1 time a day, but some of the Crossfit guys that are the best goes in the morning for the strength workouts and do the CF workout later in the day. There are a few that are phenomenal.

The best program I have ever been around!

Ceej 01-05-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 8266753)
Can I ask how old you are? I understand and I can't find the study at the moment, but combing weight training and cardio is much more efficient at weight loss then cardio alone.

I'm 27 in March. I'm not questioning the combination, but I do the bike because it makes me feel comfortable. I know that sounds lame and doesn't make sense to some. If I felt comfortable I would be on the elliptical rather than the bike. But, it's just awkward to me.

And as far as weights go I wouldn't even know what weight to begin at.