ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jeff Chadiha Interviewed on 810 this morning -Interesting bits about Cassel and OC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255513)

htismaqe 01-26-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8328408)
There is this much doom and gloom because people are carrying the frustration of "no playoff win since 93". 3 years of that is on Pioli, 16 years of it are on Peterson. But hey, feel free to think those 16 years were better.

While I agree, part of MY frustration is that Pioli seems to be operating, by and large, the EXACT SAME WAY Peterson did.

Tribal Warfare 01-26-2012 11:50 AM

If KC has another sub .500 season or barely makes the playoffs and loses because of Cassel shitting himself because they have to rely on him to get the win.
You can say goodbye to the Pioli administration after this year.

Coogs 01-26-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8328427)
While I agree, part of MY frustration is that Pioli seems to be operating, by and large, the EXACT SAME WAY Peterson did.

At least Peterson listened to his coachs and gave them what they wanted.

Now are the two guys both pricks? No doubt!

Deberg_1990 01-26-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8328402)
I hate to say this, but I almost prefer Peterson. After his 3rd year there wasn't anything surrounding the Chiefs like the doom and gloom that is there now.

Heres a few threads from CP back in Jan of 1992:

"We wont win a championship with Deberg as QB"

"I want Dave Krieg!"

"Harvey Williams will break 2000 yards this season"

"My fearless draft prediction: Dale Carter will bust"

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/newre...newreply&p=832

BigChiefFan 01-26-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 8328413)
Which is why the Texans went with Delhomme over Yates with the playoffs on the line.

No... Wait... they went with the 5th round draft pick didn't they!

Dude, what are you talking about? Delhomme was OUT OF THE LEAGUE and NOT on the Texans roster, until the 1st and 2nd string QBs were injured.

Of course, you go with the player who has been on the team and knows the player book, over a street FA, who has been sitting on the couch.

Coogs 01-26-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 8328442)
Dude, what are you talking about? Delhomme was OUT OF THE LEAGUE and NOT on the Texans roster, until the 1st and 2nd string QBs were injured.

Of course, you go with the player who has been on the team and knows the player book, over a street FA, who has been sitting on the couch.

Like the farmer dude from the Jags that nearly beat our butts last year.

ToxSocks 01-26-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8328430)
If KC has another sub .500 season or barely makes the playoffs and loses because of Cassel shitting himself because they have to rely on him to get the win.
You can say goodbye to the Pioli administration after this year.

Wishful thinking compadre.

Tribal Warfare 01-26-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8328478)
Wishful thinking compadre.

Clark Hunt, and revenue stream

HemiEd 01-26-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8328083)
Then he only gets 4 out of his 5 years and Romeo only gets one.

It's a real shame, too.

Pioli has made very solid moves with the rest of the roster and if he just gets rid of Cassel, signs Orton and drafts a quarterback in the first two rounds, he would be a golden god.

This

HemiEd 01-26-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8328126)
Whitlock was right all along.

dammit, now I really am depressed

WhiteWhale 01-26-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 8328108)
Because if you look and see what he did with guys like Bowe, DJ, and Charles it shows he's a good coach. Heck he was able to get Cassel to the Pro Bowl. Obviously he's not useless.

Bowe was pretty good, but his route running has improved dramatically over the past two seasons.

I'm gonna go ahead and give Romeo credit for DJ since he was basically an underachiever until the season Romeo arrived.

The only thing Haley did for Charles was not believe in him. First he wanted to trade him, and then he wanted to cut him. Charles succeeded in spite of a coach who didn't want him on the team. He had Charles behind Battle and Savage on the depth chart, and the ONLY reason he played was because all of our RB's were hurt and Haley had no choice. Once Charles got the ball, he took that decision away from Haley with his incredible play.

And Haley still brought in one of his favorite guys to start over Charles the next season.

Titty Meat 01-26-2012 12:48 PM

The stadium will be empty for years.

Carlota69 01-26-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 8328423)
Soren is talking about this right now.

Whats he saying?

HemiEd 01-26-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8328393)
So I have a question, why is this the case?

Is it:
1. Because he’s just a ****ing idiot, or
2. He isn’t putting in the work to learn his position?

No ****ing way to I intend to defend Cassel but, maybe there is no continuity at all on the offensive side of the ball with three OCs in three years.

WhiteWhale 01-26-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8328554)
No ****ing way to I intend to defend Cassel but, maybe there is no continuity at all on the offensive side of the ball with three OCs in three years.

Same system. Erhardt-perkins offense. He ran it in NE, and he's run it his entire career in KC.

It's not like it changed THAT much, though the individual coaches have obviously added their own wrinkles to it.