ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Draft Rumors (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258830)

keg in kc 04-25-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8565491)
Did you see the Stanzi in the 2nd round thread? People laughed at Boss and aturnis for most of the college regular season. Stanzi gained some supporters after the senior bowl, but I don't think the majority of this board wanted him in the 2nd.

I didn't get on the Stanzi wagon until very late in the draft season, and even then I wouldn't have been happy with him in the 2nd.

Which sounds awfully reminiscent of Tannehill this offseason.

(I was maybe being too subtle).

RealSNR 04-25-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8565495)
This is why I'm fantasizing about trading down/out of the round. You can't count on a guy falling to you. You have to either have a high pick or find a way to get one.

So in that light, yes, if Tannehill's on the board at 11, I would do my god-damnest to trade out of the position, for nothing less than a 2013 first rounder, and use whatever it takes next year to move up into the position to take the next Luck/RGIII. That to me is much more appealing than setting for Tannehill because he's the best we can do this year amongst the also-ran's.

Ain't gonna happen, but a guy can dream.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HKh6XxYbbIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Direckshun 04-25-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8565494)
stanzi in the 2nd?

bosschief...and ?

he's a a 5th round pick that people keep trying to claim was a 1st rounder...

I had him graded out as a second rounder.

the Talking Can 04-25-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8565504)
I had him graded out as a second rounder.

ok, so there's 2 people....

RealSNR 04-25-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8565499)
Which sounds awfully reminiscent of Tannehill this offseason.

(I was maybe being too subtle).

You should have used Ryan Mallett instead of Ricky Stanzi. Half this board STILL thinks the sun shines out of his asshole. They would have gladly spent our 1st rounder on him last year.

keg in kc 04-25-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8565509)
You should have used Ryan Mallett instead of Ricky Stanzi. Half this board STILL thinks the sun shines out of his asshole. They would have gladly spent our 1st rounder on him last year.

Yeah, but we didn't draft Mallett.

RealSNR 04-25-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8565511)
Yeah, but we didn't draft Mallett.

We're not going to draft Tannehill, either.

Chiefnj2 04-25-2012 02:09 PM

If the Chiefs take Tannehill that gives Pioli 3 years of job security.

keg in kc 04-25-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8565513)
We're not going to draft Tannehill, either.

I would tend to agree with you.

I think it's DeCastro, which I'm going to like even less than Tannehill. And you know how much I like Tannehill.

Micjones 04-25-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8565517)
If the Chiefs take Tannehill that gives Pioli 3 years of job security.

I think he'll get three years either way, but good point.

chiefzilla1501 04-25-2012 02:15 PM

I'm a Branden Albert fan. But if Kalil projects to be good or better, and he's the BPA at the time, then absolutely draft him. If Kalil becomes a good NFL player, it gives you enormous flexibility. You can move Albert to Guard, trade him, or if you cut him you save the $100M contract you'd have to pay him to stay. In which case, you can use that $100M on another player who can help you.

People are so close-minded to think just because we have a starter at the position, we're good.

(I haven't followed the prospects. So it's possible Kalil just isn't any good. I have no idea).

saphojunkie 04-25-2012 02:16 PM

I think we're all just kidding ourselves if we think it's anything other than Brockers or Poe. It sucks, but reality is setting in.

All of these brilliant ideas. All of these master plans.

They're all just poop on the street now.

:(

RealSNR 04-25-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8565540)
I'm a Branden Albert fan. But if Kalil projects to be good or better, and he's the BPA at the time, then absolutely draft him. If Kalil becomes a good NFL player, it gives you enormous flexibility. You can move Albert to Guard, trade him, or if you cut him you save the $100M contract you'd have to pay him to stay. In which case, you can use that $100M on another player who can help you.

People are so close-minded to think just because we have a starter at the position, we're good.

(I haven't followed the prospects. So it's possible Kalil just isn't any good. I have no idea).

How long has it been that fans have wanted BPA regardless of position to be our draft strategy?

We've got good-to-great level starters at every position now except QB. If Kalil fell, he would absolutely be the BPA. But it's funny that so many people would say no to him just because he's a tackle.

This isn't Russell Okung or Bryan Bulaga we're talking about. This is a man who was BORN to play on our offensive line in this system.

Chiefnj2 04-25-2012 02:29 PM

I'd rather not talk about the first round of the draft until 2015 and have Robert Griffin.

the Talking Can 04-25-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8565540)

albert is getting a 100mill contract?

jesus...lmao