ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Babb Destroying Pioli on 610 Right Now (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263848)

Cannibal 09-17-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 8921723)
LMAO we gave up after two games.

This team is too depressing.
Posted via Mobile Device

The trend started in the preseason. We've been blown the **** out 5 straight games. This franchise is inept from top to bottom.

Bewbies 09-17-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8922350)
Not even remotely humorous.

You're a psychopath.

dallaschiefsfan 09-17-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8921827)
He lives in Texas. He hired a guy and said "here, you run this. Don't bother me unless it's REALLY important."

Of course, I'm guessing that implied in that statement is "I better not hear about how bad this team sucks in year 4 and see it plastered all over ESPN and NFLN."

So there's hope.

This is true. Back when Babb wrote his investigative-piece after Haley was fired, I got word from a stadium employee friend that Clark is first and foremost a cold human being and just wants results. He doesn't get emotional about this stuff. Secondly, he hates Pioli bothering him and he intentionally cut down on his trips to KC because Pioli was always in his (Clark's) office when he was in town. Basically, Pioli beats him down...so if any kind of "stink" continues, I have no doubt he'll fire him.

SAUTO 09-17-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 8922397)
You're a psychopath.

Like all our presidents
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 09-17-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

You're a psychopath.

LMAO

alanm 09-17-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 8921724)
Kent Babb's gonna drop the microphone as he walks off the KC stage.

:thumb::clap:

Black Bob 09-17-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

You're a psychopath.

LMAO

Black Bob 09-17-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8922399)
Like all our presidents
Posted via Mobile Device

It's better than being the product of a bad load I guess? :thumb:

DaneMcCloud 09-17-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8921922)
I wouldn't base anybody's defensive prowess off a game against KC.

Thats like judging the quality of a piece of chicken because you saw RAC eating it.

Third INT in the first quarter

SAUTO 09-17-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8922423)
It's better than being the product of a bad load I guess? :thumb:

Honestly if your dad had read some of your takes on here I'm betting he would wish HE had swallowed the load that made you rather than shoot it anywhere NEAR your mom.
Posted via Mobile Device

Black Bob 09-17-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8922486)
Honestly if your dad had read some of your takes on here I'm betting he would wish HE had swallowed the load that made you rather than shoot it anywhere NEAR your mom.
Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe so?

DJ's left nut 09-17-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8921806)
If he drafts a QB in the first, he probably deserves 3 more years.

He'd be admitting his biggest failure. Finally.

Nope - he still goes in my book.

He's !@#$ed up 2 HC decisions, multiple coordinator decisions, still hasn't developed anywhere on the roster.

He's done a horrible job across the board. The idea that this is a SB team apart from the quarterback has been exposed as a complete myth. This isn't a good football team, even if you put a good quarterback like Ryan at the helm.

And I damn sure have no interest in allowing him to select the first quarterback that this franchise intends to make a legitimate commitment to in over a quarter of a century.

Nope - he needs to be fired regardless of what he does.

Stanley Nickels 09-17-2012 07:20 PM

Sorry if Q but here's a link:

http://podcast.610sports.com/kcsp2/3656912.mp3

DJ's left nut 09-17-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8921812)
Exactly. I know I was excited when he got here, but now we all know that the mythical Patriot Way starts with Tom Brady and ends with Bill Belichick.

And I feel at this point I should give props to Milkman and Dane for being the two (that I can think of) guys around here that were NOT on board with the hire. Milk wanted the guy from Baltimore - DeCosta, maybe? - even before Pioli was rumored to be coming here.

What a brotha gotta do to get credit 'round here?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...6&postcount=55

Quote:

I just don't get the love for that guy. He may be a great GM, but so many things are being attributed to him that are just not accurate.

Great drafter
Great at managing a coaching staff
Cured cancer.

The guy has followed BB everywhere, has never had to assemble a coaching staff and has not been all that good in terms of drafting. Yes, he's presided over a team with a good QB so he's seen that a good QB can help. At the same time, he just presided over a good team with a lousy QB in Cassel that he got in the 6th round, so for all we know he may think that an average QB can be had in the 6th round that will be a world beater.

There's nobody out there more likely to keep Thigpen than Pioli, IMO. There's also nobody out there who's reputation more greatly outshines his raw accomplishments than Pioli.
I didn't hate the hire, but I wanted Doug Whaley because we had no idea how much Pioli actually contributed to anything in NE.

Well hell - at least now we know...

EDIT: That whole thread's kinda interesting, actually. I ended up touting Savage as a good GM candidate and said he failed in Cleveland because....wait for it......Romeo Crennel was a lousy coach.

Goddamn it sucks being right all the time.

Rausch 09-17-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8922282)
It'll happen whether Cassel or Quinn is the starter. Seriously, you guys are hoping for frickin Brady Quinn? The guy sucks just as bad.

I'm hoping he can either suck less or produce more.

Not trying is a ****ing guarantee you'll see the exact same level of suck...