ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Soren Petro-Rumor Pioli has signed an extension (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264903)

Titty Meat 10-09-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 8997080)
no need for the Chiefs to start from scratch IMO. We have lots of pieces, just need a QB and Coach. Not small things, but I don't think the organizations philosophy is flawed.

New GM may mean new offensive and defensive schemes that require different types of players. Remember Gun wanting huge ass WR's and then DV wanting smaller quicker guys? If you want to actually build a team in the modern era your team needs a consistent identity and philosophy.

I'm sorry but this isn't true. We're more than just a QB away from being a super bowl contender. We need a QB, Coach, D-line, and depth.

You're going to keep a guy who hasn't been able to bring in a QB, Coach, D-line, or depth? That doesn't make any sense.

AustinChief 10-09-2012 07:46 PM

I like Pioli in many many many ways... but I don't like the current culture at 1 Arrowhead and I just don't see us winning under him unless HE is ready to do a 180 and give up on a lot of his old ideas and habits.

Pioli was a success under Belichick because he was UNDER Belichick.

If Pioli stays, Clark needs to demand that a coach with that level of control is hired to replace Crennel. Unfortunately that means a retread instead of an up-and-comer. That isn't the direction I'd prefer, so in the end, I'd rather Pioli go.

Hoover 10-09-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8997069)
Pioli is the worst option he's created a divide between the fans and the team.

You're not going to like hearing this but NFL teams cannot let the emotions of their fans dictate the direction of the franchise. In fact, I would argue that's the worse thing a team could do. I'm all about benching/cutting/booing Cassel and Romeo, but wanting to run Pioli out of town isn't very well thought out. Game plan how it would work. It would look a lot like our offseason after the 2008 season. It was a mess.

DaKCMan AP 10-09-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 8997048)
I think keeping Pioli is the Chiefs best option. Do I have concerns? You bet I do, but installing a new GM means major change to the organization. That is why teams don't change GM's all the time. I'd rather have Pioli, whose grace period is over, than a new GM who will need time to get his people and philosophy in place.

The Chiefs suck on the field because of a lack of leadership by the head coach and QB. I know some of you think it comes from the GM and owner, I disagree. Ownership and the front office set long term strategy and philosophy.

I think Pioli knows that he has to hire a legitimate head coach. He needs to understand that while the Chiefs are shaped by his philosophy, its still the head coaches team.

I think that means Pioli needs to select a proven HC. A known entity. The new coach at Pioli need to have mutual respect for each other, otherwise its never going to work.

The QB thing is a given.

Pioli's had the opportunity to hire two HC's and he's failed twice. He had the opportunity to change quarterbacks and instead extended the contract of a complete failure.

Now you want to give him a 3rd chance?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, I must be hoover.

Hammock Parties 10-09-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 8997098)
wanting to run Pioli out of town isn't very well thought out. Game plan how it would work. It would look a lot like our offseason after the 2008 season. It was a mess.

It was a mess because we ****ed it up.

Because Clark ****ed it up. Because Scott came in and continued the ****ery.

Wake up, god dammit.

No point in Pioli but more losses, more bullshit, and rage building to incomprehensibly embarrassing levels.

Chief_For_Life58 10-09-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8997101)
It was a mess because we ****ed it up.

Because Clark ****ed it up. Because Scott came in and continued the ****ery.

Wake up, god dammit.

No point in Pioli but more losses, more bullshit, and rage building to incomprehensibly embarrassing levels.

Its a process

DaKCMan AP 10-09-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 8997098)
You're not going to like hearing this but NFL teams cannot let the emotions of their fans dictate the direction of the franchise. In fact, I would argue that's the worse thing a team could do. I'm all about benching/cutting/booing Cassel and Romeo, but wanting to run Pioli out of town isn't very well thought out. Game plan how it would work. It would look a lot like our offseason after the 2008 season. It was a mess.

Right, because the Falcons had a terrible 2008 offseason when they hired Dimitroff. They drafted their future franchise QB in the 1st round along with an OT. They also grabbed a starting LB and a 3rd WR in the same draft. They hired their HC who has compiled a 47-21 record. They signed Michael Turner.

They ended up going 11-5 in that first season. They haven't had a losing season during his tenure.

What a disaster!

Mother****erJones 10-09-2012 07:54 PM

This organization NEEDS major change. No credible good HC wants to coach here because of Pioli. Peyton Manning wouldn't talk to KC because of Pioli! That's down right sad and embarrassing. Were are not the fricking Browns!

DrunkBassGuitar 10-09-2012 07:54 PM

If 4 years is long enough to decide whether or not you're going to keep someone in the position of running the country, then 4 years is long enough to figure out if a guy is any good at running a football team.

Pioli has proven that he can't run the Chiefs successfully.

AustinChief 10-09-2012 07:54 PM

Follow up to my last post...

if you keep Pioli... you pretty much have 4 choices (off the top of my head) for head coach

Billick
Cowher
Dungy
Gruden

I can't think of anyone else who has the clout to keep Pioli in check.

Hoover 10-09-2012 07:55 PM

The Falcons struck gold with Matt Ryan dude. Shit, anyone could be the GM of that team.

This is a perfect year for the Chiefs to finally get their QB.

Hoover 10-09-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8997114)

if you keep Pioli... you pretty much have 4 choices (off the top of my head) for head coach

Billick
Cowher
Dungy
Gruden

I can't think of anyone else who has the clout to keep Pioli in check.

I think that's the list.

Hoover 10-09-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 8997112)
This organization NEEDS major change. No credible good HC wants to coach here because of Pioli. Peyton Manning wouldn't talk to KC because of Pioli! That's down right sad and embarrassing. Were are not the fricking Browns!

Again, says who?

DaKCMan AP 10-09-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 8997115)
The Falcons struck gold with Matt Ryan dude. Shit, anyone could be the GM of that team.

This is a perfect year for the Chiefs to finally get their QB.

They didn't strike gold. They drafted a QB that they evaluated to be worth a top pick. Pioli chose to trade for a pile of shit who wasn't even good enough to start in college. You want to reward his failure with an extension. JFC true fans are stupid.

The Chiefs can get their QB with a new GM.

Chiefspants 10-09-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8997114)

Billick
Cowher
Dungy
Gruden

I can't think of anyone else who has the clout keep Pioli in check.

God, if the Chiefs hired any of those retreads..

http://i.imgur.com/gFMhf.gif