ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who were the clowns that claimed RGIII isn't that good? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265148)

Bump 11-22-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9142798)
He's 6th in completion percentage at 67.1. Only 3 picks this year.

These are not the statistics of a running QB.

I think he's a great passing QB with great accuracy, intelligence and pocket presence who can also run better than a lot of running backs.

but he's black

he's just a Mike Vick

/cp

TheGuardian 11-22-2012 08:49 PM

I was totally wrong about him it seems, and am fine saying so. More than anything, from all the interviews I've seen with him he seems like a really good person, and really intelligent.

My knock on him was that system he came out of, which I thought would handcap him at the pro level, but he looks great so far.

He did have one completely atrocious throw on the interception but the guy is nails and I've become a fan.

I still don't think we could have given up enough to move ahead of the Skins to get him. It would have been something ridiculous to do that, and no one is worth three first rounders. NO ONE.

Cannibal 11-22-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9142888)
but he's black

he's just a Mike Vick

/cp

I really don't think anyone is being racist about it. But I think white guys feel like QB is one of the last bastions of sport that they can dominate. So there is probably some resistance from some people to players like RGIII.

Cannibal 11-22-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9142895)
I was totally wrong about him it seems, and am fine saying so. More than anything, from all the interviews I've seen with him he seems like a really good person, and really intelligent.

My knock on him was that system he came out of, which I thought would handcap him at the pro level, but he looks great so far.

He did have one completely atrocious throw on the interception but the guy is nails and I've become a fan.

I still don't think we could have given up enough to move ahead of the Skins to get him. It would have been something ridiculous to do that, and no one is worth three first rounders. NO ONE.

I'd give up 3 firsts for him. We pick busts with our first rounders anyway. We wouldn't be losing anything.

ThaVirus 11-22-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9014998)
those people are idiots and anything they say is irrelevant.

honestly, I think that race has a lot to do with it.

Bump! The ****ing white knight black people defender LMAO

Gotta love it.

Cannibal 11-22-2012 08:54 PM

I'd give up Dontari Poe, Jonathan Baldwin and Eric Berry for RGIII in a hearbeat.

milkman 11-22-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9142920)
I'd give up Dontari Poe, Jonathan Baldwin and Eric Berry for RGIII in a hearbeat.

Hell, throw in Tyson Jackson while we're at it.

Marcellus 11-22-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9142920)

**** when you put it that way :facepalm:

Cannibal 11-22-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9142925)
Hell, throw in Tyson Jackson while we're at it.

LOL, I would too I just list our last 3 years.

TheGuardian 11-22-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9142927)
**** when you put it that way :facepalm:

Ok yeah, true, three first rounders it is!

ThaVirus 11-22-2012 08:59 PM

DJ and Hali are our only 1st rounders that have lived up to their potential (in recent years) and even DJ took like 5 years to do so. Ill give Berry another 2 years to diagnosed, seeing as how he missed half his career so far with a catastrophic injury..

Trade all those ****ers for a Luck or RGIII. You really need to build around the QB these days.

Marcellus 11-22-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9142936)
Ok yeah, true, three first rounders it is!

Yea I thought Washington was nuts at the time but now I am pissed we didn't do more.

Cannibal 11-22-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9142948)
Yea I thought Washington was nuts at the time but now I am pissed we didn't do more.

True, we are looking at it with the benefit of hindsight.

That took some balls for Washington to pull it off. It was a huge gamble and if RGIII had busted, we'd all be looking at Washington as a joke.

Marcellus 11-22-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9142964)
True, we are looking at it with the benefit of hindsight.

That took some balls for Washington to pull it off. It was a huge gamble and if RGIII had busted, we'd all be looking at Washington as a joke.

It was a HUGE gamble. Executive of the Decade should be able to work that right?

Chiefshrink 11-22-2012 09:39 PM

Besides all his physical talent, I'm also impressed with not only his intelligence at this point but even moreso his mental toughness all year exhibiting short term memory when he F's up and then comes right back and never blinks an eye. Good family military upbringing always pays off:thumb:

Don't follow college football that closely but has anybody seen amy interviews with Geno and if so is the kid mature and smart?