ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU KSU vs Alabama for Natl Champion - Who wins? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265468)

notorious 10-21-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9035693)
No one has a more inflated sense of their own place in college football than Husker fans. Seriously.

They raped and pillaged for a long time. Some of that is understandable.

They will never get back to those days again, though.

Raiderhater 10-21-2012 02:03 PM

How about Forrest Gump aggy, or just Gump aggy for short?

Reaper16 10-21-2012 02:03 PM

dad fashion aggy
croakies aggy
tempo shorts aggy
penis envy for their own father's aggy

Reaper16 10-21-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9035754)
How about Forrest Gump aggy, or just Gump aggy for short?

Gump aggy works perfectly. The SEC has a term for the zillions of redneck Alabama fans that never attended the school. That term is "Gump."

NewChief 10-21-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9035724)
But, like corn aggy or pig aggy, it's incredibly accurate. The biggest controversy on Alabama's campus right now is the Greek community fighting for their right to haze pledges.

The frat thing has just freaking blown up in the last few years all over the South. It's bizarre.

Guy Harvey shirts, Sperry's, croakies, etc... there's this whole new Garden and Gun southern pride fratboy thing that's gotten huge. It's infiltrated our high school as well, with certain cliques and styles of dress being designated as "frat." We even had a "frat" day for Spirit Week, where the kids all dress like frat boys.

Reaper16 10-21-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9035772)
The frat thing has just freaking blown up in the last few years all over the South. It's bizarre.

Guy Harvey shirts, Sperry's, croakies, etc... there's this whole new Garden and Gun southern pride fratboy thing that's gotten huge. It's infiltrated our high school as well, with certain cliques and styles of dress being designated as "frat." We even had a "frat" day for Spirit Week, where the kids all dress like frat boys.

Alabama has a new president. He's flexing some muscle by shutting down pledgeship this year in response to an influx of hazing complaints (what did UA expect when they began to push out-of-state student recruitment so much?). The Machine, UA's Greek political rule system (significant enough to have its own Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Machine), is going to try and ruin him.

Titty Meat 10-21-2012 02:12 PM

NewChief ran away from my rebuttal. Why?

NewChief 10-21-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9035784)
NewChief ran away from my rebuttal. Why?

Rebuttal? My statement stands: Nebraska fans have an inflated sense of their importance on the college landscape. People chimed in and said, "Truth" because it's true. You said some nonsense about the UofA that wasn't even in question as well as trotting out some tired shit about Nebraska glory days long gone by.

TheGuardian 10-21-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9035473)
Fear. And maybe penis envy.

Of K-State? A team that's never won a god damn thing?

As I noted, when I got to Kansas in 98 I thought I had somehow missed college football the past 10 years. K-State fans talked about what a juggernaut/powerhouse their team was. HADN'T WON SHIT!

The K-State fans are still doing this. It's going on this season.

This K-State team, which lost last year to Arkansas, would "put up a good game for Bama" or even possibly beat them?

**** and no.

I mean seriously, it's the only god damn team in college football so fruity that they would release a DVD called "decade of dominance" with ZERO national championship titles.

K-State fans are a different breed of idiot all together.

NewChief 10-21-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9035781)
Alabama has a new president. He's flexing some muscle by shutting down pledgeship this year in response to an influx of hazing complaints (what did UA expect when they began to push out-of-state student recruitment so much?). The Machine, UA's Greek political rule system (significant enough to have its own Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Machine), is going to try and ruin him.

Crazy. On one hand I like it, because many of my students have an increased interest in all things southern, including southern literature and food as a result (and good god, the number of t-shirt/clothing companies with "southern" in the moniker: southern trend, southern marsh, southern tradition, southern tide, etc..). On the other hand, many of the aspects of southern living that they value are ones I find distasteful at best.

Titty Meat 10-21-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9035796)
Rebuttal? My statement stands: Nebraska fans have an inflated sense of their importance on the college landscape. People chimed in and said, "Truth" because it's true. You said some nonsense about the UofA that wasn't even in question as well as trotting out some tired shit about Nebraska glory days long gone by.

Your Arkansas education is showing. I simply asked what's wrong with using Osborne as a metric of great coaching?

NewChief 10-21-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9035814)
Your Arkansas education is showing. I simply asked what's wrong with using Osborne as a metric of great coaching?

I never stated there was anything wrong with it. I said that Husker fans think they're more important than they are. You thinking that you deserve a lengthy dialog over something that's fairly obvious being a good case in point.

Good day.

Raiderhater 10-21-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGuardian (Post 9035808)
Of K-State? A team that's never won a god damn thing?

As I noted, when I got to Kansas in 98 I thought I had somehow missed college football the past 10 years. K-State fans talked about what a juggernaut/powerhouse their team was. HADN'T WON SHIT!

The K-State fans are still doing this. It's going on this season.

This K-State team, which lost last year to Arkansas, would "put up a good game for Bama" or even possibly beat them?

**** and no.

I mean seriously, it's the only god damn team in college football so fruity that they would release a DVD called "decade of dominance" with ZERO national championship titles.

K-State fans are a different breed of idiot all together.

Yep, obvious penis envy.

Old Dog 10-21-2012 02:30 PM

Note to self: Never go full TheGuardian

Alabama would very likely win, but to proclaim there's no chance KSU gets there passed ignorant about three stops back.

TheGuardian 10-21-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9035864)
Yep, obvious penis envy.

I'm from Louisiana. An LSU fan. Yes, I'm terribly jealous of all of those NC's that K-State has claimed.

Oh shit wait a minute........

Quote:

Note to self: Never go full TheGuardian

Alabama would very likely win, but to proclaim there's no chance KSU gets there passed ignorant about three stops back.
Not really. Snyder never got there before, has kind of been the Marty of college football.

They certainly could get there, but K-State would get slaughtered by the three SEC teams I mentioned. More than likely it's going to be Oregon and Bama.

Decade of dominance.........you can't make that shit up.