ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 5 Chiefs make probowl (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268063)

okcchief 12-27-2012 12:36 AM

I really thought this was a joke. A 2-14 team gets 5 pro-bowlers. This should NEVER happen.

Rain Man 12-27-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat2005 (Post 9242999)
this was a joke people
got neg repped back to the stone age for that

It's too soon.

Appropriate waiting times are as follows:

Maimed stranger - 3 minutes
Maimed child stranger - 30 minutes
Chiefs loss - 8 hours
Linebacker murder-suicide - 2 days
Chiefs playoff loss - 2 years
Matt Cassel - 5 years
Lin Elliott - Half-life of uranium isotope

KurtCobain 12-27-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9243106)
It's too soon.

Appropriate waiting times are as follows:

Maimed stranger - 3 minutes
Maimed child stranger - 30 minutes
Chiefs loss - 8 hours
Linebacker murder-suicide - 2 days
Chiefs yoff loss - 2 years
Matt Cassel - 5 years
the kicker that shall go unnamedt - Half-life of uranium isotope

Noted.

themanwithnoname 12-27-2012 05:02 AM

Yeah Berry is ridiculous. Maybe he'll use it as motivation, and want to more than earn it in the future. Thing is, wasn't Pro Bowl voting over with by the time he even actually had a great game? He's come on pretty big in like the last 2 games, but would that have even helped him?

I agree Houston deserved it over Hali, but Hali had been snubbed before, and Houston will have an opportunity to shine in the future, especially if we get a DC that has him rush the passer like he should have been. Not to mention if we ever get a d-line that can help put some pressure on as well.

Also, Jason Cole is an idiot. I don't normally read his or Silver's articles on Yahoo as both have a propensity to spout off stupid shit. He said Colquitt was undeserving because of his net yards. He's top half in that and avg, while being second in punts inside the 20. Over half his punts have landed inside the 20 (only 2 punters including Colquitt managed that, the other guy got snubbed for a guy with a bit of extra net yards), and almost half of those have been inside the 10. He was actually almost 10 ahead of the 2nd guy like 2 weeks ago, so wow that he got passed. But that guy only had 2 more inside the 20 on 30 more punts than Colquitt. Holy shit, I'm actually defending a punter. The fact that I know his stats let alone am discussing them is the epitome of the Chiefs for, well about as long as Colquitt has been on the team.

themanwithnoname 12-27-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat2005 (Post 9242999)
this was a joke people
got neg repped back to the stone age for that

I wrote a post that Pioli should have drafted zombie Derrick Thomas (among other clearly sarcastic things) and had people seriously ask if it was a joke. People around here are not so great in the thinking department. Then again, most of them you could say something that is clearly a joke, then in the very next sentence put a disclaimer saying it is, and they would not have even read that far before posting their response. Then years later they will claim that you seriously believed something based on them not understanding that it was a joke.

KCUnited 12-27-2012 06:39 AM

I thought this was a 2003 bump.

2bikemike 12-27-2012 06:46 AM

It was just brought to my attention that not One Charger made the Pro Bowl.

AussieChiefsFan 12-27-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 9243325)
It was just brought to my attention that not One Charger made the Pro Bowl.

or raider.

So good LMAO

Codered 12-27-2012 07:12 AM

Hah .. did anyone catch 610 sports on the way in this morning? They were going on how now the Chiefs job is going to be a such a hot job because they have five pro bowlers!

Why do these guys get paid?

BlackHelicopters 12-27-2012 07:33 AM

Terrance Copper was robbed.

scho63 12-27-2012 08:03 AM

Who did Eric Berry have to sleep with to make the Pro Bowl? Hali over Houston?

Oy Vey and Ay Caramba-NFL Pro Bowl is the joke of all pro sports

Congrats to JC, DJ, and Colquitt who all deserved it. Thought Flowers had an outside chance

CoMoChief 12-27-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9243354)
Who did Eric Berry have to sleep with to make the Pro Bowl? Hali over Houston?

Oy Vey and Ay Caramba-NFL Pro Bowl is the joke of all pro sports

Congrats to JC, DJ, and Colquitt who all deserved it. Thought Flowers had an outside chance

I don't think Flowers will ever make a Pro Bowl unless he has some ridiculous season where he gets a ton of INT's...not to say he doesn't deserve it, he just doesn't have that name recognition and plays for a team in the midwest. Had he played for NE or NYJ...I'm sure he'd be a probowler by now.

AussieChiefsFan 12-27-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9243358)
I don't think Flowers will ever make a Pro Bowl unless he has some ridiculous season where he gets a ton of INT's...not to say he doesn't deserve it, he just doesn't have that name recognition and plays for a team in the midwest. Had he played for NE or NYJ...I'm sure he'd be a probowler by now.

I think he'll make it eventually. He's bound to have a big year if we start winning games again.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-27-2012 08:56 AM

Did Carr get in?

WhiteWhale 12-27-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9243041)
Statistically he hasnt had a down year.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...31/ryan-succop

People focus a lot on Succop's misses because we can't score TD's and we need every point we can get.

He's a solid kicker but when the offense can't score people sure do notice those missed 32 yard FG's......