ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The QB Reid chooses to lead the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268521)

SAUTO 01-05-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsp4444 (Post 9284769)
Don't know if it's been mentiond, but would you swap first round picks with Seattle for Matt Flynn? Then you could use your low round first and second to move around for the rookie QB you want.

**** you
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 01-05-2013 11:46 AM

So I'm guessing with all the narrative, there are only 2 QB's in the history of the draft that Chiefs fans would draft? Luck and Manning?

DeezNutz 01-05-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9284876)
So I'm guessing with all the narrative, there are only 2 QB's in the history of the draft that Chiefs fans would draft? Luck and Manning?

Yes, but after the fact many would be OK with drafting Stafford, Ryan, or trading up for RGIII.

The last of which would have gotten you laughed off this board for being OK with trading three first-round picks (which is only really two because the Redskins swapped firsts with STL last year, but whatever).

Rasputin 01-05-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9284858)
I voted for taking a QB with the first overall, but I'd be fine with trading back and taking one a little later (especially if we still manage to get Geno or Wilson). As much as I trust Reid's instincts for finding us a QB, I'm dreading that he signs Alex Smith or something and then signs him to a long-term contract, locking us into another QB with limited potential. Let's draft someone for once!

The reason I don't think Coach Reid is going get Alex **** Smith is just because of the pass happy offense he wants to bring. That pretty much eliminates Alex **** Smith from being too much of a consideration. However **** **** **** it would be our luck.

CLX 01-05-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284764)
Matt Cassel isn't going to be the starter here. ROFL

Jeez, read what I wrote. After his failure this year I'm surprised they haven't given him his outright release already. Think about these two words:

WHAT IF

What if Reid thinks there is something there that can be of help and he keeps Cassel?

For all intents and purposes Cassel's career was over when he sustained the hand injury, when he came back he couldn't hit the ground if he threw at it.

ROFL at you for being such a knish.

htismaqe 01-05-2013 11:49 AM

Dropping down to 5, 8, or wherever means we would have to trade down.

We had the worst QB situation in the league. If there's no QB we want at #1, NOBODY is going to want to trade with us. NOBODY.

O.city 01-05-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9284883)
Yes, but after the fact many would be OK with drafting Stafford, Ryan, or trading up for RGIII.

The last of which would have gotten you laughed off this board for being OK with trading three first-round picks (which is only really two because the Redskins swapped firsts with STL last year, but whatever).

Yep.

Only 2 QB's in the history of the league are worth the first overall pick. Unless we are in a spot not to draft a QB, then it's "****, we missed out on the guy".

htismaqe 01-05-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CLX (Post 9284885)
Jeez, read what I wrote. After his failure this year I'm surprised they haven't given him his outright release already. Think about these two words:

WHAT IF

What if Reid thinks there is something there that can be of help and he keeps Cassel?

For all intents and purposes Cassel's career was over when he sustained the hand injury, when he came back he couldn't hit the ground if he threw at it.

ROFL at you for being such a knish.

They can't release him until the 2013 season starts.

ROFL At you for being ignorant of NFL rules.

crossbow 01-05-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9284543)
60 percent winning percentage, QB guru, passing offense, connections to some pretty legit front office guys and coordinators, and 5 conference championship games. Varys gone. Number one ****ing overall pick. Yeah, that's why we are excited.

If you are going to hire a castoff coach, get one that hasn't won a Super Bowl.

This just highlights why Clark's timing is perfect. He knew who would be the best coach to choose a franchise QB in this years draft. Pioli made some good foundation picks but proved he couldn't evaluate QB talent. Clark wasn't taking any more chances so he stepped in made big moves.

milkman 01-05-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284886)
Dropping down to 5, 8, or wherever means we would have to trade down.

We had the worst QB situation in the league. If there's no QB we want at #1, NOBODY is going to want to trade with us. NOBODY.

The Cardinals.

And if the Cards are trading up to #1, you can be damn sure they are trading t get the QB they want.

O.city 01-05-2013 11:53 AM

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
As I just said on @nflnetwork's #GameDayMorning: #Bears will interview Montreal Alouettes coach Marc Trestman. #wildcard #Canada

There ya go Milk

htismaqe 01-05-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9284894)
The Cardinals.

And if the Cards are trading up to #1, you can be damn sure they are trading t get the QB they want.

If there's a QB there the Cardinals want, we will be taking him.

milkman 01-05-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284897)
If there's a QB there the Cardinals want, we will be taking him.

That's my point.

If we're trading out of the #1 spot, the QB we want will be taken by the team trading up.

So why trade out only to lose out on the QB?

Kidd Lex 01-05-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9284435)
If we sign Michael Vick, I'm going to strongly consider picking a different team.

I respect your sentiment but you act like you had a choice...you don't pick your teams, they pick you.

O.city 01-05-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9284901)
That's my point.

If we're trading out of the #1 spot, the QB we want will be taken by the team trading up.

So why trade out only to lose out on the QB?

Because there is no Manning or Luck available there. Don't you knwo, it has to be a sure fire HOF QB in order to be worth the pick.