ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Detailed KC Star article about John Dorsey (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268858)

htismaqe 01-14-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 9316518)
Best case scenario, trading the #1 pick & still get Geno around 10 or so. :hmmm:

ROFL

Geno falling to 10 is almost as hilarious as people who think we can take Luke Joeckel at 1-1 and still get Tyler Wilson in the 2nd round.

htismaqe 01-14-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 9316716)
We won't know for sure until after the combine and east/west game and senior bowl, but if it's pure BPA...prepare for Jarvis Jones...regardless of our current needs...unless we're able to somehow trade down and Geno or Wilson last until our traded down pick. This is not what I want to happen...it's what I'm guessing will happen.

The only consolation is that I'm pretty sure that there will be a QB of low first round value that will slip to our 2nd pick. That's the nature of drafts where the perception is that there are no worthwhile franchise QB's. In this rare instance, this flawed perception could work for us.

Spinal stenosis.

Jarvis Jones won't be the top pick. He might not even be a top 10 pick when it's all said an done. Hell, he could fall clear out of the 1st round like Marcus McNeill did.

WildTurkey 01-14-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9316717)
ROFL

Geno falling to 10 is almost as hilarious as people who think we can take Luke Joeckel at 1-1 and still get Tyler Wilson in the 2nd round.

Sweet! Can we move Albert to guard once we get the almighty Joeckel? I hope so. *sarcasm*

dallaschiefsfan 01-14-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9316720)
Spinal stenosis.

Jarvis Jones won't be the top pick. He might not even be a top 10 pick when it's all said an done. Hell, he could fall clear out of the 1st round like Marcus McNeill did.

You might be right...but without the combine and final games, I'm in a holding pattern on what I think. Currently, this is my best guess. You know how this works. Several guys drop...several rise. I think Jones will either stay steady or rise. We will see.

htismaqe 01-14-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 9316730)
You might be right...but without the combine and final games, I'm in a holding pattern on what I think. Currently, this is my best guess. You know how this works. Several guys drop...several rise. I think Jones will either stay steady or rise. We will see.

He's going to be thoroughly examined by doctors at the combine.

That same examination caused Marcus McNeill's grade to drop a FULL ROUND instantaneously.

RealSNR 01-14-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 9316716)

The only consolation is that I'm pretty sure that there will be a QB of low first round value that will slip to our 2nd pick.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WrjwaqZfjIY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefMojo 01-14-2013 08:49 AM

We don't need a OLB though as we have Houston and Hali. If we don't take a QB with the #1 pick, it will likely be a LT in Joeckel. With that said I still don't understand why we would take a LT when we can re-sign Albert or at worst tag him for another year?

Star is a excellent prospect but we don't need him at NT after selecting Poe.

htismaqe 01-14-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9316745)
With that said I still don't understand why we would take a LT when we can re-sign Albert or at worst tag him for another year?

Unless Albert's back is worse than we all think, he'll be re-signed quickly.

Don't worry about it.

dallaschiefsfan 01-14-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9316737)
He's going to be thoroughly examined by doctors at the combine.

That same examination caused Marcus McNeill's grade to drop a FULL ROUND instantaneously.

All depends on whether he's projected to be an elite pass rusher for at least the length of the first contract. Win now...teams don't care about the longevity of guy's careers. Can he play elite for the next 5 years? That's what the physicals will seek to answer.

ChiefMojo 01-14-2013 08:58 AM

Btw next years OT class looks real good with Taylor Lewan and Jake Matthews also if we need one then. Both were 1st round locks and went back to school.

Dallas, why Jones when we have Hali and Houston???

htismaqe 01-14-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 9316759)
All depends on whether he's projected to be an elite pass rusher for at least the length of the first contract. Win now...teams don't care about the longevity of guy's careers. Can he play elite for the next 5 years? That's what the physicals will seek to answer.

Marcus McNeill was an elite LT prospect. One of the "big 3" of QB, LT, and DE/OLB. He was a potential top 10 pick that fell to the 2nd round. Why do you suppose that was?

They absolutely DO care about it. The fact that McNeill struggled to finish his rookie contract and now looks to be finished after just 5 years is going to further hurt Jones.

Easy 6 01-14-2013 09:10 AM

Just made a $20 bet with a co-worker who says we wont even reach 8-8 next year, how many others here would make the same wager?

dallaschiefsfan 01-14-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9316772)
They absolutely DO care about it. The fact that McNeill struggled to finish his rookie contract and now looks to be finished after just 5 years is going to further hurt Jones.

That's my point. McNeil slipped because the physicals did not project him to finish his contract as elite. They were right. We'll see what they find and project regarding Jones. This is why I said that the combine has to pass before having a definitive opinion on any of these guys...and the pro-days in some guys' cases.

RealSNR 01-14-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9316767)
Btw next years OT class looks real good with Taylor Lewan and Jake Matthews also if we need one then.

God damn it! Charlie Casserly has found out where we live! :eek:

Titty Meat 01-14-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 9316692)
FYP

How is that a good thing?