ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Chris Weinke (IMG Academy) Talks with Danny Parkins about upcoming QB class. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269436)

Pasta Little Brioni 01-29-2013 05:09 PM

Yeah, Weinke is going to put his reputation on the line by pimping guys he truly thinks are subpar. You guys are just ridiculous sometimes.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-29-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9362597)
one time matt cassel threw the ball so hard it almost got close enough to a receiver for him to catch it

Tyler Thigpen: Inaccurate 60 percent of the time, every time.

DJ's left nut 01-29-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9362597)
one time matt cassel threw the ball so hard it almost got close enough to a receiver for him to catch it

I once saw him throw a ball so hard, he hit the !@#$ing crossbar. It was incredible.

HotCarl 01-29-2013 05:39 PM

Why should I listen to Washout Weinke again?

-King- 01-29-2013 05:41 PM

Do QBs at the combine get to choose which WRs they throw it to? If so, Geno could just choose Austin and Bailey right?

Pasta Little Brioni 01-29-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9362664)
Why should I listen to Washout Weinke again?

Durr Harbaugh you no probowler I no listen to you. Jeez, you've slid into a vacated spot like a glove.

HotCarl 01-29-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9362672)
Durr Harbaugh you no probowler I no listen to you. Jeez, you've slid into a vacated spot like a glove.

woman, I told you to wait in the truck.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9362675)
woman, I told you to wait in the truck.

OK, this one's pretty funny.

bevischief 01-29-2013 06:30 PM

:popcorn:ROFL`

Pasta Little Brioni 01-29-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9362760)
OK, this one's pretty funny.

He's a feisty little bastard. Wonder how long it'll take till he's outed as a douche mult and banned ROFL

SAUTO 01-29-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9361668)
Would we all be fine with a less douchy, more mobile Philip Rivers at #1 overall?

Seeing as how the original completely douchy, less mobile Philip Rivers went at #3, I would be fine with it.

If Geno never can get his feet firmed up, Rivers is his ceiling. If that's what he ends up, would everyone presently on the Geno train consider it a good pick?

I'm in
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 01-29-2013 07:46 PM

Top guys don't throw at the combine. Sanchez and Cam were the only ones I can remember doing so.

1) they are throwing to guys hey have no chemistry with because they just met a day or two ago. Ig Geno expects the guy to have wheels and puts it out there and overthrows him, it is a mark AGINST him...if the receiver doesn't run a clean route and Geno s throwing to a spot he should be and isn't, that marks against him. Geno can go out there and throw 75 PERFECT passes and half of them can hit the ground because of the receiver and Geno looks bad because of it.

2) most top prospects know that if they make gms and scouts wait till their proday, more will come to watch and that gives the teammates extra exposure. Not only that, but he is then throwing to guys he knows and has chemistry with and knows how they run their routes. That let's him be confident in his throws and really let it rip.

There are other reasons top guys don't throw at the combine, but those are the major ones.

Saying he is a pussy if he opts not to throw at the combine isn't accurate.

Jmo

htismaqe 01-29-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9363102)
If Geno expects the guy to have wheels and puts it out there and overthrows him, it is a mark AGINST him...

Actually, no it isn't. They throw to spots on the field. The scouts watching know where the ball is supposed to be. Hell, even Charles and Mayock know where the ball is supposed to be. Furthermore, there are times when the WR CATCHES it that it counts against the QB if the ball went somewhere it wasn't. The QB doesn't get credit for the WR being able to adjust.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9363102)
if the receiver doesn't run a clean route and Geno s throwing to a spot he should be and isn't, that marks against him. Geno can go out there and throw 75 PERFECT passes and half of them can hit the ground because of the receiver and Geno looks bad because of it.

Again, this just isn't true.

O.city 01-29-2013 07:52 PM

Yeah, you're off on that one Boss. The guy didn't go to the SR bowl, and it might work out for him. If he doesn't throw at the combine, he needs to really be questioned.

htismaqe 01-29-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9363116)
Yeah, you're off on that one Boss. The guy didn't go to the SR bowl, and it might work out for him. If he doesn't throw at the combine, he needs to really be questioned.

I don't necessarily agree with this, either.