ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anybody Watching The Grammys? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269892)

Omaha 02-10-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9392488)
Some of it is better than others... honestly I think the idea that it is all shit is overblown because people love shitting on things as soon as they are popular. Which is fine...whatever. I find great music in every little corner of this life I can.

It just funny to watch people sit on their asses with their worn out 80s hair bands talking shit on today's music like they have any inkling of an idea how much interesting and diverse music is out there today.

I'd rep you for this but I can't do it from my tablet. Excellent post.

GloryDayz 02-10-2013 08:59 PM

I don't think those doodes manscape!

houstonwhodat 02-10-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9392479)
Black Keys suck.

I like some of their stuff but this made no sense.

LoneWolf 02-10-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9392464)
Not really. At all.

People are just lazy or too stupid to find it.

The difference is that the good music used to be popular. You always had the music that was trumped up by image and gimmicks, but for the most part, if your music was good it was popular and on the radio. Today's music is all about gimmicks and marketing. The best musicians don't necessarily ever become popular because they don't have the right look, right publicist, or a good gimmick.

Omaha 02-10-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 9392499)
Her belt is holding on for dear life...

FYP

GloryDayz 02-10-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9392504)
Nope just think they suck. Big ****ing deal.

That's cool brother...... Go Chiefs...

LoneWolf 02-10-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9392514)
FYP

Too fat/everyone

Deberg_1990 02-10-2013 09:01 PM

Someone told me Zepplin and Rush had never won a Grammy? That's incredible.

houstonwhodat 02-10-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 9392512)
The difference is that the good music used to be popular. You always had the music that was trumped up by image and gimmicks, but for the most part, if your music was good it was popular and on the radio. Today's music is all about gimmicks and marketing. The best musicians don't necessarily ever become popular because they don't have the right look, right publicist, or a good gimmick.

It all started with MTV.

Remember when MTV played MUSIC?

Now they play bullshit because it makes more money than music.

Same scenario as what you are witnessing tonight.

Omaha 02-10-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Meh. Stop listening to local radio.

ChiefsCountry 02-10-2013 09:02 PM

Big deal that I think the Black Keys suck. I don't like any modern rock at all. I think it all blows. But the beauty about music is it doesn't really ****ing matter what any of us think. We all have different tastes in music.

petegz28 02-10-2013 09:02 PM

Ok, I have heard like 2 Kerry Udnerwood songs and besides the fact she is cute, what is her claim to fame?

|Zach| 02-10-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

The market is much more saturated with music...the digital age just changes everything...are there huge marketing machines propping things up? Of course.

But the musical landscape is totally different...genres are broken down it is easier to make music people can go to the far corners of wherever to find exactly what they like.

If you are annoyed because not all the good music is popular...well who gives a ****?

There is good music everywhere why do you need someone else to validate it?

The shifting music landscape does not mean there is not good music. It is actually the opposite.

|Zach| 02-10-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9392528)
Ok, I have heard like 2 Kerry Udnerwood songs and besides the fact she is cute, what is her claim to fame?

What do you mean?

She is a musician.

Some people like her songs.

LoneWolf 02-10-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omaha (Post 9392524)
Meh. Stop listening to local radio.

I don't. Strictly Sirius/XM. I should keep a notebook in my truck and write down the good songs I hear from artists I've never heard of, but I just totaled out a vehicle in an accident so maybe that's not such a good idea.