ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Poilian says no QB worthy of #1. Chiefs can find one later (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270273)

RunKC 02-22-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9425131)
Accuracy is terrible IMO. And if you don't like Geno for the flaws you say he has, Manuel has similar flaws and is worse.

Geno is definitely the better thrower. His mechanics are far better.

I'm just saying that I really do believe EJ Manuel will be in the mix. The kid has potential and Reid is good at making QB's look so much better. Manuel is very raw, but so was Donovan.

If we did draft Manuel, then I see Reid using a very similar offense that Ratty used with RG3 last year.
That's Manuel's best fit IMO. Plus he won't break because he actually has the body to take hits unlike RG3.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9425249)
Mr. All Knowing: Still waiting on your QB guru list.

I would assume this conversation is over now, right?

OnTheWarpath15 02-22-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9425271)
Yep.

Combined numbers for QB starts under Andy Reid NOT named Donovan McNabb:

38-44 record (.463)
55% completion percentage
112 TD's
94 INT's
70 QBR.

And those numbers are inflated due to Vick, who was a #1 overall pick.

Take Vick out of the equation, and you're looking at a 20-28 record (.416) and a 61:64 TD:INT ratio.

Played well in Reid's system, alright.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9425292)

I'm just saying that I really do believe EJ Manuel will be in the mix. The kid has potential and Reid is good at making QB's look so much better. Manuel is very raw, but so was Donovan.

If we did draft Manuel, then I see Reid using a very similar offense that Ratty used with RG3 last year.
That's Manuel's best fit IMO. Plus he won't break because he actually has the body to take hits unlike RG3.

Donovan had accuracy issues coming out because he liked to throw the ball deep.

Manuel struggles to complete short passes. His offense was largely dink and dunk and he STILL wasn't very good.

He'll NEVER be RG3. So you can put that to bed right now.

Coogs 02-22-2013 11:18 AM

So we can't find a QB to do the job in the 1st round...

but we can find one who will be able to later in the draft?

htismaqe 02-22-2013 11:19 AM

Soren Petro just had an epiphany. I almost wonder if he hasn't been secretly wanting Barkley all along but was just afraid he'd look stupid by declaring himself.

He flat out said these teams are playing opossum and there's NO WAY that Locker and Gabbert would be the #1/#2 QBs in this draft.

It's about damn time Petro.

O.city 02-22-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9425292)

The offense Ratty ran is basically the same offense he's ran forever, with a few changes, basically making it a single read offense for RGIII's first season. In reality, it wasn't a huge change to what he's always done, Rat that is.

Reid is going to run the offense he's always ran, coaches rarely change. He can simplify it yes, but it's still going to be WCO oriented.

Manuel does have alot of physical upside, but liek we've talked before, I just don't see him ever being that accurate of a passer. He is similar to McNabb in that case, that I don't see Donovan as an extremely accurate guy, but Reid got alot out of him.

But Manuel isn't really close to McNabb as a passer at this point, so we'll just ahve to disagree on that one.

saphojunkie 02-22-2013 11:21 AM

You know what's ****ing stupid?

If we traded down to, say, pick number six and got an extra third round pick in 2014 for our troubles, THEN took Geno Smith, everyone would say "Herp derp you see they got better value!"

Not one single talking head would say the Chiefs overdrafted. They just have an anti-hard-on for taking a guy at #1. #2? Sure thing! You bet! #1? Go **** a puppy.

RunKC 02-22-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9425306)
Donovan had accuracy issues coming out because he liked to throw the ball deep.

Manuel struggles to complete short passes. His offense was largely dink and dunk and he STILL wasn't very good.

He'll NEVER be RG3. So you can put that to bed right now.

According to secondroundstats, Manuel's short and intermediate passes were actually very good. He was very accurate in that area. He struggled going 20+ yards though.

Manuel will never be RG3 and I'm sorry if it seemed like I was saying he was. :eek:

I just think the style of offense that Ratty ran last year with RG3 would be the best fit for Manuel.
I really do believe Manuel could excel in that type of offense.

O.city 02-22-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9425331)
According to secondroundstats, Manuel's short and intermediate passes were actually very good. He was very accurate in that area. He struggled going 20+ yards though.

Manuel will never be RG3 and I'm sorry if it seemed like I was saying he was. :eek:

I just think the style of offense that Ratty ran last year with RG3 would be the best fit for Manuel.

He may very well be, but I don't see Reid running that offense here.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9425331)

Except there are deep throws in that offense that Manuel can't make.

And while I didn't see Manuel play in every game this season, I saw probably 6 or 7. He was pretty bad.

RyFo18 02-22-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9425301)
I would assume this conversation is over now, right?

I am curious who you think are the QB gurus in the league.

RunKC 02-22-2013 11:27 AM

Manuel completed 73% of his passes in the 11-20 yard range. Only RG3 had better accuracy in that range in the last two classes.

His 6-10 yard accuracy was the best of any QB in the last two classes as well. Better than Luck, RG3 and Wilson.

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/...outing-report/

He's very good throwing the short and intermediate balls.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-22-2013 11:29 AM

How is Manuel's arm strength?

Is he smart...?

Coogs 02-22-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9425317)
You know what's ****ing stupid?

If we traded down to, say, pick number six and got an extra third round pick in 2014 for our troubles, THEN took Geno Smith, everyone would say "Herp derp you see they got better value!"

Not one single talking head would say the Chiefs overdrafted. They just have an anti-hard-on for taking a guy at #1. #2? Sure thing! You bet! #1? Go **** a puppy.

Pick #1 is worth 3000 points.

Pick #6 is worth 1600 points.

We damn well better get more than a 3rd rounder in 2014 for our troubles.

But I get your point.