ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270750)

lcarus 03-05-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9467198)
Cry me a geno, you and blackbob should get a room. WE ARE TAKING GENO #1!! GTFOVERIT!

What happened to blackbob. I know he had a zillion alts. Does he still?

ToxSocks 03-05-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 9467342)
He may be correct in that assessment though. Now that Reid & Dorsey got Alex Smith, they might have 0 interest in drafting a QB with that #1 pick. There's no way of telling until the draft, as I'm sure they'll play their cards close to their vest.

It's not about Smith. It's about Joeckel.

Anyone who declares that Smith is out, But Joeckel is still in play can go eat a bowl of dicks.

After the tagging of Albert, the likely hood of drafting Smith went up and Joeckel went down.

If you don't believe that there is a better chance now that Smith is the guy, fine.

But don't sit here and tell me that Joeckel is still a likely target.

lcarus 03-05-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makjuice (Post 9467357)
Whose that chick from your profile pic i heard shes famous

She's a really annoying internet chick, who posts videos and talks like she's on speed. But she's really cute so she got internet-famous. Her name is Boxxy. I had to ask him the same question a while back lol.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yavx9yxTrsw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lcarus 03-05-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9467375)

Anyone who declares that Smith is out, But Joeckel is still in play can go eat a bowl of dicks.

After the tagging of Albert, the likely hood of drafting Smith went up and Joeckel went down.

If you don't believe that there is a better chance now that Smith is the guy, fine.

This I agree with. I can't see them drafting Joeckel now. But I still have a bad feeling that they won't draft a QB with the #1 pick. Perhaps they'll trade down and grab a QB (be it Geno or someone else - depending on how far they trade down). I'm really clueless as to what they're thinking at this point.

keg in kc 03-05-2013 02:14 PM

I don't see any way they're spending multiple 2s on the position and then spending another 1.

Beeker 03-05-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9466868)
We will draft Bruce Lee's corpse #1. Bank on it.

And he'll be better at QB than Cassel

kysirsoze 03-05-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9467375)

If they signed Albert, I'd feel stronger about this. Drafting a T at 1.1 that they can ease into the lineup having Albert around for one more year is something I could see. I would hate it, but I could see it.

kysirsoze 03-05-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9467432)
I don't see any way they're spending multiple 2s on the position and then spending another 1.

First of all, we don't officially know the compensation for Alex. And second, even if it is 2 seconds, a first and 2 seconds is a small price to pay if they think they have a good shot at addressing the QB position for the next decade or so.

keg in kc 03-05-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 9467449)
First of all, we don't officially know the compensation for Alex. And second, even if it is 2 seconds, a first and 2 seconds is a small price to pay if they think they have a good shot at addressing the QB position for the next decade or so.

You can rationalize all you want, but nothing short of seeing them actually do it on draft day is going to convince me it was ever even a remote possibility. I just don't see it happening. People are coming up with all these fantasy scenarios, when the reality is...Alex Smith is our quarterback, and will be our quarterback for the forseeable future. The sooner folks come to grips with that, the less of a disappointment April 25th will be, whatever happens that day.

bowener 03-05-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9467432)

While this is probably true, have you seen a worse group of Qbs in the last 10 years on 1 team? Drastic measures were/are needed.

keg in kc 03-05-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9467460)
While this is probably true, have you seen a worse group of Qbs in the last 10 years on 1 team? Drastic measures were/are needed.

Sure I have!

course it was on the same team a few years ago

ToxSocks 03-05-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 9467444)
If they signed Albert, I'd feel stronger about this. Drafting a T at 1.1 that they can ease into the lineup having Albert around for one more year is something I could see. I would hate it, but I could see it.

You don't ease tackles into the lineup, especially ones that you draft in the 1st round. LT's typically aren't going to get better by sitting on the bench.

QB's however......

ToxSocks 03-05-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9467459)
You can rationalize all you want, but nothing short of seeing them actually do it on draft day is going to convince me it was ever even a remote possibility. I just don't see it happening. People are coming up with all these fantasy scenarios, when the reality is...Alex Smith is our quarterback, and will be our quarterback for the forseeable future. The sooner folks come to grips with that, the less of a disappointment April 25th will be, whatever happens that day.

We don't know. That's the truth.

Before Albert was tagged, everyone thought it would Be Joeckel. Dorsey/Reid have effectively filled the majority of their holes on the roster, allowing them to do whatever the hell they want w/ #1, including drafting for depth.

My heart says QB, but my brain says DL, or maybe even Milliner. Every option is on the table, though I think an OL is the least likely option, because it doesn't fill a need and it's not the kind of position you sit and develop.

Beeker 03-05-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9467020)
Now that I sit here and read this and the responses, I think Reid/Dorsey are going for Barkley. I think they are going to try and convince a team to trade up for our pick to draft Geno, then they will slide back a bit, but still in the top 10, and take Barkley and use Alex as insurance to make sure Barkley heals properly.

They better not slide back behind the Cardinulls. I live in Phoenix, and the team is gushing about Barkley.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 02:35 PM

If we don't take Luke Joeckel or Eric Fisher with the first pick, we are jackasses for not trading down.

I can listen to any argument about abilities and needs. In fact, I can almost buy the need for Geno Smith (although I still doubt his abilities). but any fool who wastes anything more than a 7 or 8 pick for Geno Smith may as well piss dollars and give away bank accounts. Why take only Smith when you can have Smith and another pick, more cash, or a complimentary player?

For those of you that believe Geno Smith is a number 1 pick, I have a 1976 Ford Fairmount that I will sell you for 29,000.00 cash.