ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Percy Harvin is hitting the vaporizer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270880)

Setsuna 03-11-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9485668)
I didn't say anything mean to you! :(

They are going to have to pay the man. A lot. Only time will tell is this is a good deal or not.

I'm sorry! I really am! :grovel:?

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldandslow (Post 9485707)
When Percy asks for a gazillion and then doesn't show for the playoffs due to headaches get back to me.

Seattle should have drafted best WR possible.

True Fan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9485761)
Soft Drama Queen :thumb:

NO THANKS !:shake:

Son of True Fan.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-11-2013 06:31 PM

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Perhaps Mike Wallace will get $12M a year, but sounds like Harvin is averaging more than that in his new deal with Seattle

Mr. Laz 03-11-2013 06:50 PM

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS
So a team traded a one, paid him $12 million a year and he's a slot receiver who has migraines and he's a pain in the ass. Brilliant.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Pablo 03-11-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9486583)
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Perhaps Mike Wallace will get $12M a year, but sounds like Harvin is averaging more than that in his new deal with Seattle

Holy balls. Bowe better re-negotiate his contract.

Setsuna 03-11-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. SyphiLaz (Post 9486648)
Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS
So a team traded a one, paid him $12 million a year and he's a slot receiver who has migraines and he's a pain in the ass. Brilliant.

Prisco just better not be dick riding him when he rapes the NFC West.

Pablo 03-11-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9486684)
Prisco just better not be dick riding him when he rapes the NFC West.

He's a sports journalist. Of course he will be if that happens.

RyFo18 03-11-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. SyphiLaz (Post 9486648)
Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS

He's one of the most ultimate trolls. You can't take anything he says seriously.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-11-2013 08:54 PM

Harvin is a very good player, but he's injured too often and way too much of a diva to give up a one and that salary for him.

This will make Seattle better in the short term, but I think this ends up hurting them a few years down the road.

tk13 03-11-2013 09:07 PM

I remember when the Steelers traded Santonio Holmes away for nothing and this place melted down and thought the Steelers were complete idiots.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-11-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9487076)
I remember when the Steelers traded Santonio Holmes away for nothing and this place melted down and thought the Steelers were complete idiots.

Historically, very few WRs have made impacts on teams other than who they were drafted by, and certainly not commensurate with their salary.

There are certain exceptions, like Welker, but teams very rarely let good, dependable WRs get away.

Rooskieflooskie 03-12-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9487091)
Historically, very few WRs have made impacts on teams other than who they were drafted by, and certainly not commensurate with their salary.

There are certain exceptions, like Welker, but teams very rarely let good, dependable WRs get away.

Joe Horn!

Mr. Laz 03-12-2013 05:51 PM

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
As @ProFootballTalk tweeted ... Harvin deal is worth $67 million over six years, with $25.5M guaranteed.

ChiefRocka 03-12-2013 06:53 PM

Harvin had half the goat shaved on his face on NFLnetwork interview tonight. On purpose??

Molitoth 03-12-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9485835)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The best all around player I ever seen or you'll ever see! Goes to Seattle! I feel like I just got kicked in the stomach. Several times!!!</p>&mdash; Adrian Peterson (@AdrianPeterson) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdrianPeterson/status/311211381317836800">March 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

AP, welcome to the world of Barry Sanders.
You are going to have to single handed take your team to the playoffs every year.

DTLB58 07-25-2013 01:26 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...quire-surgery/

For plenty of players who land on the physically unable to perform list, it’s a short-term stay that has no lasting impact on the player or the team.

For Seahawks receiver Percy Harvin, that may not be the case.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the injury could result in surgery. As NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport has reported (and as PFT has confirmed), Harvin has a “slight tear” in the labrum. We’re told that the injury was spotted in an MRI performed on Thursday.

The team wants Harvin to try to practice and play with the injury (along with non-surgical treatment, of course). Harvin intends to exercise his right to a second opinion, and arrangements currently are being made for Harvin to be evaluated by a top expert in the field. (Why do we have a feeling that the names “James” and “Andrews” eventually will emerge in connection with this story?)

Depending on the second opinion, Harvin may ultimately have surgery.

It’s not bad news yet for the Seahawks. But it eventually could be.