ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2013 NFL Draft: Dion Jordan will visit the Kansas City Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271313)

Sorter 04-08-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9569751)
Arenas is one of the best blitzing corners I've ever seen. Guy can absolutely knife through a line.

We've wasted him the past couple of years. (Though that can be said for a lot of guys under the Crennel/Daboll regime.)

One of the many reasons why I wanted Ray Horton.

While I like Javier, I don't claim to be forgetful of his inadequacies in coverage from the slot. I do think that he can still be a productive inside DB, especially from a philosophy that utilizes his talents best, as you mentioned.

Sorter 04-08-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icon (Post 9569761)
I hope KC is not seriously considering Dion Jordan with their first pick. I watched several Oregon games with an eye on Jordan and wasn't impressed. Sure he's athletic but he disappears for long stretches without making any impact. He's light in the pants and gets blown off the ball against the run. I think Jordan has a huge bust factor.

This gets thrown around way too much in regards to nearly every OLB prospect this year. There's plenty of film of Jarvis Jones and Mingo getting manhandled as well in the run game.

I'm no huge Dion Jordan fan but his inadequacies against the run aren't significant enough for me to discount him as a viable prospect.

Mother****erJones 04-08-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9569642)
From what I've watched from Sutton, I expect Javier to get a few sacks this year.

He was supposed to be that guy right away to attack off the edge. That's what they said on draft day atleast. Never really happened.

Sorter 04-08-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9569784)
He was supposed to be that guy right away to attack off the edge. That's what they said on draft day atleast. Never really happened.

It happened for a very brief period.

Eventually, Romeo started using more CD concepts out of subs that blitzed both DJ and Berry.

Mother****erJones 04-08-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9569667)
The whole philosophy behind Romeo's defense out of base and sub fronts is to provide pressure with 4.

The problem was, he never had competent 3/5 tech DEs that could provide an adequate pass rush. With Romeo's defense, you have to have smart front based players that can quickly diagnose run v. pass and then provide an ability to get upfield. If Tyson Jackson had turned into Richard Seymour, then Romeo's philosophies would have been more productive.

Running 2gap principles is outdated but can still be effective. You just have to have elite/smart players manning your base front.

Ya I was hoping we would've traded for seymour. Hell, they would've been better off trading the 3 pick for Seymour. He would've had more production than Jackson

bigjosh 04-08-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9569780)
This gets thrown around way too much in regards to nearly every OLB prospect this year. There's plenty of film of Jarvis Jones and Mingo getting manhandled as well in the run game.

I'm no huge Dion Jordan fan but his inadequacies against the run aren't significant enough for me to discount him as a viable prospect.

when are you changing your name back? and did you ever get to troll the vikings board?

Sorter 04-08-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 9569795)
when are you changing your name back? and did you ever get to troll the vikings board?

Mods changed mah name. I guess it's up to them. I never asked them about it though.

My account never got activated. Bummer. I was going to bombard them with Clay's gifs whilst screaming "HE'S AN ELITE QB, HE WAS JUST IN A BAD SITUATION!!!".

bigjosh 04-08-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9569807)
Mods changed mah name. I guess it's up to them. I never asked them about it though.

My account never got activated. Bummer. I was going to bombard them with Clay's gifs whilst screaming "HE'S AN ELITE QB, HE WAS JUST IN A BAD SITUATION!!!".

that blows. i was looking forward to a thread full of vikings trolling. ohh well, at least they are smart enough not the let the trolls in i guess.

Sorter 04-08-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 9569816)
that blows. i was looking forward to a thread full of vikings trolling. ohh well, at least they are smart enough not the let the trolls in i guess.

I can't remember if the Romoception account got banned or was just denied on the Cowgirls board. ROFL

bigjosh 04-08-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9569827)
I can't remember if the Romoception account got banned or was just denied on the Cowgirls board. ROFL

you can try the raiders next. Flynnterception.

Saccopoo 04-08-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9569780)

I like Mingo a ton.

I think he's got better instincts and feet and lateral agility that Jordan. He seems to come through the line easier as well. Every time I watched LSU play, he was the guy that stood out for me.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VOd9cMeBB2A?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorter 04-08-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9569836)
I like Mingo a ton.

I think he's got better instincts and feet and lateral agility that Jordan.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VOd9cMeBB2A?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love Mingo.

Mother****erJones 04-08-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9569827)

ROFL LMAO ok thats why its ponderception. I was like WTF does that mean

O.city 04-08-2013 08:33 PM

I like Mingo too, but I worry about the production.

There are some guys at the top of this draft that have really great POTENTIAL, but every player mentioned as a potential top pick, there is a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round you can look at and say, "man, he could be just as good".

Shitty top end of the draft in terms of proven talent.

O.city 04-08-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9569636)
There might be some smoke to this because the guy I talked to tonight said the new regime likes Don Stephenson a great deal.

Who knows though.

Likes him at what?