ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs are looking for a 2nd and a pick in 2014 for Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271388)

DaneMcCloud 03-22-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9520679)
Trying to find a silver lining...

Joeckel is 7 years younger than Albert...

That's all I got.

Seven years and $5 million per season less for the next five years, which also allows for another above average free agent to join your roster.

RunKC 03-22-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9520682)
Joeckel is coming from a spread system. I'd rather have fisher seems to have a higher upside.

Not real excited about potentially having a rookie rt an a rookie lt nex year

I still think Stephenson is our RT. Just my opinion, but he's got room to grow and he's got quick feet.

Direckshun 03-22-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9520677)
The Geno Crowd is bitter.

That's basically what it comes down to.

I'm a big supporter of Geno, I hope the team somehow reconsiders and takes him #1 overall. I'll be pretty pissed if they don't.

But translating that frustration into anger at Joeckel or anger at anybody who's not in a total hate spiral over these moves is Primo Grade Ridiculous.

beer bacon 03-22-2013 10:19 AM

You win Super Bowls by drafting and developing a guy into a franchise, elite QB. You do not win Super Bowls any other way. Any season you do not do this is a season where you will not win a Super Bowl. You can't be afraid of drafting a QB and it not working out. You have to keep drafting QBs over and over again until you hit the jackpot. Nothing else works!

We are essentially shuffling the deck on a 2-14 squad.

Mother****erJones 03-22-2013 10:20 AM

Im on the fence about this. This is a new regime and i will give them benefit of the doubt. Theyre their own Front Office. Not hiring people or signing players that theyve coached or worked with only. I would love to see Albert stay and sign long term. But that aint happening. I anticipate a trade come draft day. I think KC waits til draft day to maximize their value in trading the number 1 pick. If they trade Albert next week everyone knows what KC is doing.

O.city 03-22-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9520684)
I still think Stephenson is our RT. Just my opinion, but he's got room to grow and he's got quick feet.

Fine

That still leaves you with a rookie LT and a first time RT in front of Alex smith who already gets sacked a lot.

philfree 03-22-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

I'm not really the Geno crowd. I think most fans around here can see that we're replacing a player that doesn't need replaced and pissing away a 1st round pick in the process. This draft represents so much hope and these guys are pissing it away. We're going to swap LTs and we've we brought in a marginal upgrade at QB and we'll have given up the 1.1 and the 2.2. That's pissing away the best draft picks you can have.

ToxSocks 03-22-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Wow. You guys stick to that way too much. It clouds your judgement, clearly. This has NOTHING to do with Geno Smith, as much as you want to make it so.

Trading away Albert and drafting Joeckel is like a dog chasing its tail. When you own the 1.1, you are suppose to be drafting a player who is going to IMPROVE your team, and improve it considerably.

This is a lateral move at best. The Chiefs are creating a hole so they can fill it. Trading Albert and Drafting Joeckel doesn't make the team better.

You're basically using a 1.1 to put the same team you had on the field in 2012. That's a good idea to you? To use the 1st overall pick on a player who won't improve your team in any significant way?

ChiefMojo 03-22-2013 10:22 AM

Plan and simple Albert is gone because he will cost to much going forth. He is going to cost us $9 million+ this year and will be $11 million + if we tagged him again. Only to see him walk after that following year. We just aren't going to pay him the money he wants long term. So why not get something for him while he is at his highest market price?

Who is to say Joeckel won't be a better LT than Albert... there is a strong possibility for that. Then you add on top of that you have a younger player that doesn't have injury concerns and he costs less money. This allows more cap space for KC going forth looking at things long term (not just the present like fans look at it).

Again it is very apparent KC is moving Albert... you don't become this vocal about it unless your planning to do something. This regime isn't married to Albert as they didn't draft him. They made the decision that Bowe was worth more to KC than Albert.

This may be a lateral move presently but it is a future move that goes on deaf ears to most. Everyone needs to get over the damn Geno crap, it ISN'T happening!

MahiMike 03-22-2013 10:22 AM

22 guys off the street part 2.

RunKC 03-22-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9520687)

I'm a big supporter of Geno, I hope the team somehow reconsiders and takes him #1 overall. I'll be pretty pissed if they don't.

But translating that frustration into anger at Joeckel or anger at anybody who's not in a hate spiral over these moves is Primo Grade Ridiculous.

Reminds me of desperate 40 year old women who have never been married.

They want to announce to the world that they got their Husband (in their case QB) because it's what's right to do, but yet they are just going by title without knowing that it's the right guy for them.

It all ends in divorce no matter what way you look at it.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-22-2013 10:22 AM

Assuming that we get the exact same compensation for Albert that we got for Smith, again, this is the equation that Dorsey and Reid wrote on the board

Luke Joeckel + Alex Smith > 1.1+ Brandon Albert.

Think about that for a minute.

suds79 03-22-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon (Post 9520689)
You win Super Bowls by drafting and developing a guy into a franchise, elite QB. You do not win Super Bowls any other way. Any season you do not do this is a season where you will not win a Super Bowl. You can't be afraid of drafting a QB and it not working out. You have to keep drafting QBs over and over again until you hit the jackpot. Nothing else works!

We are essentially shuffling the deck on a 2-14 squad.

Not really disagreeing with what you said. Simply saying this comes down to a different evaluation.

Is Alex Smith Cassel 2.0? Or will he be a high QB raiting guy in Andy's system like he was the last two years in SF? Clearly the Chiefs think he can be the ladder.

When we all look back, it'll simply come down to who was the better move. Alex Smith? Or Geno Smith.

bevischief 03-22-2013 10:23 AM

The butt hurt is strong in this thread.

The Franchise 03-22-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9520687)

But translating that frustration into anger at Joeckel or anger at anybody who's not in a total hate spiral over these moves is Primo Grade Ridiculous.

So is saying that Joeckel is virtually bust proof.