ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft We just might get a trade down yet. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272042)

Messier 04-14-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9585212)
Trading down to # 12 both Geno and Barkley are probably gone by then. What pick would we be looking at there except perhaps one of the three OTs mentioned that are still on the board?

That's around where the DL will start to go. Richardson, Lotulelei.

Coogs 04-14-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Trading down to # 12 both Geno and Barkley are probably gone by then. What pick would we be looking at there except perhaps one of the three OTs mentioned that are still on the board?

Tavon Austin.

Bowe, Avery, Austin, Charles, and Moeaki. :thumb:

Carlota69 04-14-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9583881)
Well, apparantly Jeff Ireland is a useless bag o' dickhammers in the ol' intelligence department as well. If his remarks are not just bullshit, and if he ever had a position of authority in the talent acquisition dept. Of KC, I would absolutely quit this team.
Posted via Mobile Device

I thought you already quit this team? I recall you saying that a number of times when they traded for A Smith.

007 04-14-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Barkley will not be gone by 12.

Cannibal 04-14-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9585252)
Tavon Austin.

Bowe, Avery, Austin, Charles, and Moeaki. :thumb:

I'd love it if we could trade down and snag Austin. But Moeaki needs replaced at some point. Far to unreliable.

Messier 04-14-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9585270)
I'd love it if we could trade down and snag Austin. But Moeaki needs replaced at some point. Far to unreliable.

Not at 12.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-14-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9585261)
I thought you already quit this team? I recall you saying that a number of times when they traded for A Smith.

I've cooled down somewhat, even though I still have less faith in Reid than ever. John Dorsey's history with GB is pretty much the only thing giving me any kind of hope for the future. I hope he and Reid aren't a package deal. If Reid flops, it wont be the fault of John Dorsey. Dorsey should be allowed to continue on, and I think he will should it come to that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefshrink 04-14-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9582320)
I wouldn't draft Ansah that high though. I think he is around the 5th or 6th best pass rusher in this class and has massive bust potential for multiple reasons.

1) age - his birth isn't formally recorded and his age is basically an educated guess. The guy looks 28-30 to me.

2) less than one year as starter and only 3 years playing football at all. He won't physically dominate NFL left tackles IMO.

There are more concerns I have with him, but those are the two major ones.

This a 1000x !!!

No way in hell I take Ansah in the first rd. He is more of a late 2nd or early 3rd rd pick. Way, waaaaaaaaaay overrated. Just like Pioli overrated Poe last year.:rolleyes:

B14ckmon 04-14-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9585277)
I've cooled down somewhat, even though I still have less faith in Reid than ever. John Dorsey's history with GB is pretty much the only thing giving me any kind of hope for the future. I hope he and Reid aren't a package deal. If Reid flops, it wont be the fault of John Dorsey. Dorsey should be allowed to continue on, and I think he will should it come to that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol. Stop trying to compare this scenario to the Favre-Rodgers scenario. The two are incredibly different.

Coogs 04-14-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9585270)

Fasano has played well in Arrowhead before.

Chiefshrink 04-14-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9583616)
If we got next year first plus a second or both seconds go for it. If they like Tavon Austin would maybe have a chance at 12. Not sure where he'll fall though.

This would be my wet dream come true for sure. But Tavon is Top Ten and will not slip to 12 IMO. Maybe, but I doubt it. He is a Welker with Harvin playmaking explosion with a tough football mentality and doesn't get hurt,unlike 'the Dex'. Every team's dream player at the slot position. But Andy supposedly loves 'the Dex':rolleyes:

mlyonsd 04-14-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

This is where I'm at. I wasn't thrilled with Reid, wasn't happy with Smith. I was however thrilled with the Dorsey hire. I think he's the key and hopefully has the brains to straighten things out for a change.

Carlota69 04-14-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Fair enough.:)

Bootlegged 04-14-2013 10:22 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tmnl9FaFKHY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IF we trade down or get a 2nd rd back - would love to see Woods drafted. Should be a top 15 pick - but projected late 1st/2nd. I think he and Austin are the top 2 in the draft.

Frankie 04-14-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9585267)
Barkley will not be gone by 12.

And I wouldn't want him for the Chiefs at 12. 4th round maybe.