ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dolphins working on a trade for offensive tackle Branden Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272208)

The Bad Guy 04-17-2013 06:38 PM

I would have loved to see this place if Dorsey just let Albert walk.

Mr. Laz 04-17-2013 06:38 PM

Dorsey got bent over so badly in the Alex Smith trade i hate to think what the deal with be if this trade happens.

Albert for the Dolphins 6th rd this year with a conditional 4th/5th next year?

:sulk:

Nightfyre 04-17-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9597084)
I would have loved to see this place if Dorsey just let Albert walk.

"Hey, at least we got something for him!" :rolleyes:

Bwana 04-17-2013 06:41 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvpl9gSkZ71qkxjew.jpg

OnTheWarpath15 04-17-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9597075)
Look, just stop the whining. We're finally going to fill that hole at LT and dump this fat turnstile Carl Peterson cursed us with.

Defer to Dorsey and Reid.

It wasn't that long ago damn near everyone was saying that about Sociopath Scott. And we see where that got us.

There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again.

Bewbies 04-17-2013 06:44 PM

If Geno goes to PHI and thrives those of us that wanted Chip Kelly will just be thrilled! Especially now that Reid is going to build him team around a ****ing LT.

DTLB58 04-17-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9597044)
Nope. I think at that point I would be done.

If I had a $100 every time I read that here....

The Bad Guy 04-17-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9597088)
"Hey, at least we got something for him!" :rolleyes:

Brendan Albert's absolute deal ceiling is Jake Long's deal and he thinks hes worth more than that.

What would you propose doing? Franchise him again next year?

I understand the outrage, but the other option was to let him walk. Is that a more desirable option? They talked to him at length before FA started and he's made heavy demands and the Chiefs have their concerns about him.

I know no one on here has any concerns about him, but they really don't seem all that outrageous to me. I liked Albert, but I don't view him as one of the 10 best LT's in the league. Some do on here. Agree to disagree.

Messier 04-17-2013 06:45 PM

I do think Albert pissed them off quite a bit with his tweeting and interviews. Reid and Dorsey only know Albert as a good, but mouthy and whining player that's telling them he's not coming in until they sign him to a long term deal.

The Bad Guy 04-17-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9597094)
It wasn't that long ago damn near everyone was saying that about Sociopath Scott. And we see where that got us.

There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again.

So are you giving up too?

The Bad Guy 04-17-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9597101)
I do think Albert pissed them off quite a bit with his tweeting and interviews. Reid and Dorsey only know Albert as a good, but mouthy and whining player that's telling them he's not coming in until they sign him to a long term deal.

He didn't help his cause, but I don't think this team based their decision on Albert's social media interactions.

Bump 04-17-2013 06:47 PM

sucks, but this is just the nature of the beast. Albert is a damn fine LT and it's ****ing stupid. But sometimes, things just dont work out.

RunKC 04-17-2013 06:48 PM

Albert is an injury prone player who has never even made a pro bowl in 5 years and he's going around demanding big money?

No wonder Reid and Dorsey told him to **** off.

Hammock Parties 04-17-2013 06:49 PM

Who gives a **** about Albert's contract demands?

If the other option is pissing away 1.1, pay that man his money.

-King- 04-17-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9597108)
Albert is an injury prone player who has never even made a pro bowl in 5 years and he's going around demanding big money?

No wonder Reid and Dorsey told him to **** off.

Injury prone? ROFLROFL

And using probowls? ROFL Alex Smith has never made the probowl either.... and speaking of injury prone. Guess who has finished 5 out of 7 seasons on the bench or injured reserve?

Holy shit you just ****ed yourself over.