ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***The Official Branden Albert Trade Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272490)

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9631974)
Let's take a 4 year player who only played LT. He has 4+ years of muscle memory on his kick-slide, mirroring, footwork, and balance all predicated to the left side. Now he has to try and develop 4+ years of the above mentioned traits in 1 training camp.

Fisher has already played right tackle in college

He's player left tackle,right tackle ... even some guard iirc.

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9631982)
Fisher has already played right tackle in college

He's player left tackle,right tackle ... even some guard iirc.

I'm aware of this. That's why I didn't cite Fisher in that post.

I want him playing LT immediately so he can begin his development as quickly as possible. I don't think he'd struggle at RT.

Rausch 04-26-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9631974)
It's a whole new position. Easier (which I don't really agree with given that most teams have quality LDEs in addition to RDEs) doesn't mean that the techniques are easier. As an extreme analogy, have you ever tried learning to throw left-handed? Everything is flipped. Let's take a 4 year player who only played LT. He has 4+ years of muscle memory on his kick-slide, mirroring, footwork, and balance all predicated to the left side. Now he has to try and develop 4+ years of the above mentioned traits in 1 training camp.

This is also why you don't see a lot of rookie WRs spend a lot of time working out of the slot that didn't do so in college. They're learning an entirely new position, new footwork, and new techniques. You don't want to completely overwhelm your rookies.

The guy can play any position on the line. Other than C I'd feel fine anywhere we put him year 1...

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9631996)
The guy can play any position on the line. Other than C I'd feel fine anywhere we put him year 1...

I would as well, as far as Fisher in concerned. I'd feel the same about Kalil.

Any of the other tackle prospects, eh. I'd rather just start them at LT and if they don't pan out, then you find a productive position for them later.

-King- 04-26-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9631577)
Maybe but if the chiefs bring in any free agent worth a shit. The Chiefs might not get a comp for Albert.

Not likely. We brought in Eric Winston and some other free agents and we still got a 3rd for Albert. So unless we bring in a premier FA, we're going to get a pick most likely.

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9631991)
I'm aware of this. That's why I didn't cite Fisher in that post.

I want him playing LT immediately so he can begin his development as quickly as possible. I don't think he'd struggle at RT.

we are only talking about Fisher

your comments were completely irrelevant and bordered on lying

You tried to imply the mirror technique change would hurt fisher without saying his name. Manipulate the argument, hoping that nobody knew that Fisher played other positions already.

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9631999)
I would as well, as far as Fisher in concerned. I'd feel the same about Kalil.

Any of the other tackle prospects, eh. I'd rather just start them at LT and if they don't pan out, then you find a productive position for them later.

backpedal

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9632012)
we are only talking about Fisher

your comments were completely irrelevant and bordered on lying

You tried to imply the mirror technique change would hurt fisher without saying his name. Manipulate the argument, hoping that nobody knew that Fisher played other positions already.

ROFL

I was playing devil's advocate and provided a very logical explanation of why playing a LT at a new position can be detrimental to their development. As I stated repeatedly, I don't believe that applies to Fisher.

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9632017)
backpedal

LMAO

ptlyon 04-26-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 9631965)
Isnt time running out?

Dorsey is working with congress right now to speed up daylight savings time to 5 o'clock

Rausch 04-26-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9632023)
As I stated repeatedly, I don't believe that applies to Fisher.

Welcome aboard.

Now want Glennon in the 3rd and Le'Veon Bell on day 3...:)

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:35 PM

Let's go over this one more time.

1. Sorter posts a list of players who had to play RT initially after being drafted to play LT in the future. They struggle and never end up playing LT.
2. Laz gets pissy and wonders how playing RT could be detrimental
3. Sorter provides actual breakdowns of how that can be detrimental and slow a player's development/learning curve
4. Laz gets pissier, and starts spouting off about Fisher
5. Sorter says that he never mentioned Fisher and was simply playing devils advocate while still producing factual evidence of players who had to play RT and struggled with their transition to the NFL.
6. Laz rejoices realizing he tried to suck Sorter into an argument, did so, and probably lights up a cigarette, enjoying his effective and near L.A. Chieffan level of elite trolling.

Edit: 7. Sorter bangs head into keyboard.

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9632023)
ROFL

I was playing devil's advocate

well ok then

:thumb:

Mr. Laz 04-26-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9632041)
Let's go over this one more time.

1. Sorter posts a list of players who had to play RT initially after being drafted to play LT in the future. They struggle and never end up playing LT.
2. Laz gets pissy and wonders how playing RT could be detrimental
3. Sorter provides actual breakdowns of how that can be detrimental and slow a player's development/learning curve
4. Laz gets pissier, and starts spouting off about Fisher
5. Sorter says that he never mentioned Fisher and was simply playing devils advocate while still producing factual evidence of players who had to play RT and struggled with their transition to the NFL.
6. Laz rejoices realizing he tried to suck Sorter into an argument, did so, and probably lights up a cigarette, enjoying his effective and near L.A. Chieffan level of elite trolling.

so you discuss and i get pissy?

that's quite the challenging perspective

Sorter 04-26-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9632040)
Welcome aboard.

Now want Glennon in the 3rd and Le'Veon Bell on day 3...:)

There are hopefully going to be some nice RBs available in the 4-6th.

Christine Michael, Gilislee, Bell, Stacy, Barner.