ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs So..... How do you like the draft so far? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272541)

Mosbonian 04-27-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9636416)
How about this then, this franchise has never in its entire history drafted and developed its own starting QB. Even the great Lenny Dawson was another team's cast off..

Not sure what the bolded comment really was there for other than just to try and be a bit over-dramatic about a real point....that we haven't developed our own QB.

But then again...neither have a few of the other Super Bowl winners. I don't care if the QB is home grown or not....I just want to win and I couldn't give a rat's a$$ if he is developed by this team or a Free Agent pick up.

And FTR....Geno wasn't the answer. And I'm pretty sure that Alex Smith is not the answer either. The reality is we stunk one year too late. Now we just have to live with it.

ChiefaRoo 04-27-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 9635971)
You really think Wonton and Peyton can both get lost and nobody would care? :shrug:

Bill Self got sandwiched by the Morris twins.

Lightrise 04-27-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9635779)
I think Dorsey is smart, like a sneaky smart.

We will be surprised at these picks so I give them a B+

I essentially agree but believe at this point its a crap shoot from here on...and the top of the 4th is where I grade it...why get who you actually want at the end of the 3rd when you can wait one more pick and pay less at the top of the 4th. I get the first two picks, but I would have accepted trading Albert for both of Miami's 3rd's and their 4th. That would have given us 6 picks to choose from the next best 47 players and you put together a great special teams. I would like to have gotten that kid who has blocked 17 kicks.

Carlota69 04-27-2013 08:30 AM

None of the picks are sexy, but this draft isn sexy. It's loaded with guts and grit (OL and DL) not a lot of finesse and show (QB/WR).

I think our picks kind of follow along with that theme.

I voted meh because we just don't know how this is going to turn out until they play the game, and even then it's going to take at least one season to get a good idea of how all this turns out.

So I'll wait patiently before I get al butt hurt and want heads to roll.

notorious 04-27-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9636474)
None of the picks are sexy, but this draft isn sexy. It's loaded with guts and grit (OL and DL) not a lot of finesse and show (QB/WR).

I think our picks kind of follow along with that theme.

I voted meh because we just don't know how this is going to turn out until they play the game, and even then it's going to take at least one season to get a good idea of how all this turns out.

So I'll wait patiently before I get al butt hurt and want heads to roll.

This.

This draft was like going to the grocery store instead of the toy store.

Carlota69 04-27-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9636477)
This.

This draft was like going to the grocery store instead of the toy store.

That's a perfect analogy!:thumb:

spanky 52 04-27-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9636418)
I like Fisher and Kelce picks. The Davis pick is high risk. If he can get back to what he was he'll be good. If not, he sucks.

This. Davis can't be any worse than Draughn but think they took him too early.

track 04-27-2013 08:42 AM

I like it..got rid of one subpar tackle and drafted potentially a much better one. Got rid of the worst QB combination in the league and got a much better one. Drafted a solid tight end to replace one that never gets on the field and bought some insurance at the running back position who has both size and speed...a rare combination. So far pretty good...the next 3 choices will really be the key...if any of them can stick and contribute over several years this could be a very good draft.

suzzer99 04-27-2013 09:02 AM

I know one thing. I'm never rooting for the Chiefs to lose again. It felt dirty. And there are way too many variables at play.

Well maybe if there's a definite Andrew Luck out there. But I hope to not be in contention for that for a while.

keg in kc 04-27-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9636272)
Alex Smith will be fine. I don't get the hate.

You're missing the point. The hatred was about the loss of draft picks more than about Alex Smith, and it exists for two reasons, the first being that it was simply too much to give up for a player of his ilk. The second problem was that it severely limited what we were able to do on the first two days of this draft and it will have a similar impact on next year's draft.

Hootie 04-27-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9636674)
You're missing the point. The hatred was about the loss of draft picks more than about Alex Smith, and it exists for two reasons, the first being that it was simply too much to give up for a player of his ilk. The second problem was that it severely limited what we were able to do on the first two days of this draft and it will have a similar impact on next year's draft.

why was it too much?

Can you do me a favor and go look back at the last 10 years at picks 30-40 and then tell me why it was too much?

Please.

scho63 04-27-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9635794)
I don't have a clue. Talk to me in 4 years.

:thumb::thumb:

BEST post in all 1,027 draft threads everyone felt inclined to start.

Too many out-of-shape and clueless idiots who are trying to grade the draft when these guys haven't even put on their uniforms for the first time. LOL

I'll judge our draft after we see the product on the field

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2013 09:32 PM

Time will definitely tell, but I cant believe Reid is banking his last stand and legacy on a proven game-manager(outdated in this league), and with nothing for depth behind him. Reid, like my fellow Genoites, has fallen in love with a QB. The diffrence is; he should know better.
Posted via Mobile Device

listopencil 04-27-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9635746)
I'm questioning how much longer I can be a fan of this team.

Forever. Muhahaha. You can't stop. Admit it.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-27-2013 10:57 PM

How do I feel? Gay for Bray, and LOVING IT. Man o man, a honest to goodness QB Controversy in the making!
Posted via Mobile Device