ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Top Ten Reasons To Be Really Excited For 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273082)

kcxiv 05-17-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9688875)
That's just ****ing stupid. You're now just being ****ing stupid.

not really. lol I dont think Alex Smith is all that good. Average at best and thats only if our defense is decent. If not, he's gonna have to chuck it ALOT.

Remember this is Andy Reid. Hetalks about how he likes to run, but all his stats when he's been a coach show that he's a pass happy bastard.

DaKCMan AP 05-17-2013 12:13 PM

1. DaKCMan_AP is Awesome.

Titty Meat 05-17-2013 02:24 PM

Dakcman is awesome

BossChief 05-17-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9686661)
Yes.

15) watching Bowe paired with a guy that may not be really good, but is AT LEAST as good as Cassel 2010 in that Alex should be able to get the ball to Bowe accurately and on time enough to allow him to maximize his YAC. I can see Bowe having another year like 2010...especially if the running game and short passing forces defenses to account for the other guys.

16) watching Charles grow as a receiving threat. His vision, quickness and excelleration should out him into position to be as effective (or more so) than Shady was for Reid in Philly. I can see him having 1600 rushing and another 6-700 in receiving yards in this offense and that should open things up wide open for Kelce, Fasano and Bowe to eat up the middle.

17) seeing if Alex will trust his tools enough to help stretch the field with Donnie Avery. If he can do that, Charles is gonna have an absolutely sick average per touch. Might even threaten some records. Avery is a guy that can get open at all levels of the defense and should allow the tight ends and Bowe to work on man coverage if Alex and he can convert a long pass or two per game. I understand this is a tall order.

18) watching all of us "haters" eat our words about Alex and some of these other moves this new regime has made. I mean, I genuinely hope this is the case because that means we can start to get excited about watching Chiefs football games again.

It's been too long since that was the case.

More?

patteeu 05-17-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9689272)
15) watching Bowe paired with a guy that may not be really good, but is AT LEAST as good as Cassel 2010 in that Alex should be able to get the ball to Bowe accurately and on time enough to allow him to maximize his YAC. I can see Bowe having another year like 2010...especially if the running game and short passing forces defenses to account for the other guys.

16) watching Charles grow as a receiving threat. His vision, quickness and excelleration should out him into position to be as effective (or more so) than Shady was for Reid in Philly. I can see him having 1600 rushing and another 6-700 in receiving yards in this offense and that should open things up wide open for Kelce, Fasano and Bowe to eat up the middle.

17) seeing if Alex will trust his tools enough to help stretch the field with Donnie Avery. If he can do that, Charles is gonna have an absolutely sick average per touch. Might even threaten some records. Avery is a guy that can get open at all levels of the defense and should allow the tight ends and Bowe to work on man coverage if Alex and he can convert a long pass or two per game. I understand this is a tall order.

18) watching all of us "haters" eat our words about Alex and some of these other moves this new regime has made. I mean, I genuinely hope this is the case because that means we can start to get excited about watching Chiefs football games again.

It's been too long since that was the case.

More?

If Alex Smith can hit his receivers in stride (even if just on short and medium range passes), that alone will be a huge improvement over Matt Cassel's offenses.

BossChief 05-17-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9689282)
If Alex Smith can hit his receivers in stride (even if just on short and medium range passes), that alone will be a huge improvement over Matt Cassel's offenses.

I think that's where your disconnect is. EVERYONE here knows that Alex excels at those passes and that he should be a major upgrade to Cassel, even though they have very similar strengths and weaknesses.

The part that some of us don't like and think is detrimental to the long term success of this team are those exact weaknesses.

It's just that some of us don't have a problem acknowledging those weaknesses while pointing out his strengths in the same breath.

Some here see only white, some only see black and some see black, white and grey.

I, personally, won't be a bit surprised to see this team go 9-7 or even 10-6...but I also think we will struggle to beat good teams in the postseason (if we get there) because of how Alex limits the amount of areas of the field opposing defenses need to defend due to Alexs weaknesses.

Tribal Warfare 05-17-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9689300)
I think that's where your disconnect is. EVERYONE here knows that Alex excels at those passes and that he should be a major upgrade to Cassel, even though they have very similar strengths and weaknesses.

The part that some of us don't like and think is detrimental to the long term success of this team are those exact weaknesses.

It's just that some of us don't have a problem acknowledging those weaknesses while pointing out his strengths in the same breath.

Some here see only white, some only see black and some see black, white and grey.

I, personally, won't be a bit surprised to see this team go 9-7 or even 10-6...but I also think we will struggle to beat good teams in the postseason (if we get there) because of how Alex limits the amount of areas of the field opposing defenses need to defend due to Alexs weaknesses.

and it's not if he gets injured and misses games it's when it will occur.

RunKC 05-17-2013 05:20 PM

Travis Kelce is gonna be fun to watch. He's gonna piss off a lot of LB's.

notorious 05-17-2013 05:22 PM

Our GM isn't ***** and Crennel isn't head coach.

RunKC 05-17-2013 05:26 PM

Also, Andy Reid thinks Alex Smith can beat teams deep.

Obviously this won't happen very often, but it's gonna be interesting to see if it works.

patteeu 05-18-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9689300)

No. That's not where my disconnect is. And no, I don't cede the gray ground of nuance to you. But I do welcome you to it. You should spend more time here.

chiefzilla1501 05-18-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9689317)
Also, Andy Reid thinks Alex Smith can beat teams deep.

Obviously this won't happen very often, but it's gonna be interesting to see if it works.

No, he doesn't. Dorsey has already acknowledged that the deep ball isn't a strength of Smithi's.

milkman 05-18-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9689306)
and it's not if he gets injured and misses games it's when it will occur.

Continuing to overplay the injury card, I see.

Rasputin 05-18-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9690514)

How do you see Alex Smith not as injury prone milkman?

I don't see him playing a full 16 game season with out missing at least a few games.

SAUTO 05-18-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9690514)

I hate to side with the whisperer, but Smith has missed almost half of his career games. Why would it change now?
Posted via Mobile Device