ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

USArmyParatrooper 06-16-2013 12:35 PM

Guys, even though I'm a 49ers fan, I shall selflessly cheer for the Chiefs to improve to 8 - 8 this season.

USArmyParatrooper 06-16-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-NinersChiefs (Post 9754653)
Smith had scores on 14 of 23 red zone opportunities for 60.8%.

Kaepernick has had 8 scores in 17 red zone opportunities for 47%.

Want to try that again?

Is that just throwing touchdowns, or the 49ers' overall redzone percentage? If it's the former, that's extremely misleading.

Quote:

I generally despise dishonesty. I feel Jim promised and owed it to Alex to give him the 2012 season. To let him finish what he started... even if that meant saying g'bye to Alex the following year for his handpicked, young QB. It was a surprise to most people (outside of the few Alex hating talking heads) when Kaepernick came in and never looked back. Most analysts and fans thought it was a huge gamble... and it was. I believe Alex was ranked as the 3rd best in NFL passer rating at the time of the concussion.

To Kaep's credit, he did a great job of stepping in. I get that he has amazing potential. I actually am "over" it now, and I like where everything's at right about now. But there's no way I will ever see the decision as anything other than a betrayal.. a real dick move by a HC that would slit his own mother's throat to get what he wants. Maybe that is a mentality that fans should want out of their HC. Winning is all that matters in the end, right? Still... it was a dick move... and I would expect most of the players to see Jim in a different light now. (not that that matters much, when it comes down to it)

You FEEL Harbaugh promised that to Smith? How do you feel such a thing?

What Alex Smith and all players are owed is unambiguous and easily quantified. They are owned what is in their contract, and nothing
more.

A coach's #1 priority above anything else is what is best for the team. It certainly isn't a millionaire player's feelings.

Rasputin 06-16-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USArmyParatrooper (Post 9754827)
Guys, even though I'm a 49ers fan, I shall selflessly cheer for the Chiefs to improve to 8 - 8 this season.

Sorry but 7&9 & we keep our second round draft pick 2014.

Thanks for your service for our country sir. :thumb:

milkman 06-16-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 9754754)
You're agreement to a mostly optimistic post confuses me, and you didn't say dumbass.

I believe I am fairly objective about these things.

I hated the trade for Smith and the fact that we didn't draft a QB in this draft.

I firmly believe there are at least 3 QBs from this draft with a much higher ceiling than Alex Smith has reached, and don't believe that Smith is ever going to be anything more than the somewhat mediocre game manager that he has been over the last couple of seasons.

He is far better and clearly far more effective than Matt Cassel.

But far better and far more effective still doesn't equal good.

But the reality is that this team will be better than it has been because Smith is an upgrade.

But I don't give up premium draft picks for a QB that I believe has no shot to ever take this team to a SB.

It's wasted ****ing resources.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-16-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9754864)
I believe I am fairly objective about these things.

I hated the trade for Smith and the fact that we didn't draft a QB in this draft.

I firmly believe there are at least 3 QBs from this draft with a much higher ceiling than Alex Smith has reached, and don't believe that Smith is ever going to be anything more than the somewhat mediocre game manager that he has been over the last couple of seasons.

He is far better and clearly far more effective than Matt Cassel.

But far better and far more effective still doesn't equal good.

But the reality is that this team will be better than it has been because Smith is an upgrade.

But I don't give up premium draft picks for a QB that I believe has no shot to ever take this team to a SB.

It's wasted ****ing resources.

As is this Daniel signing. That move is, comparing in a side by side manner, equally ridiculous if not worse.
The trade for the #1 QB spot: Garbages.
The filling of the #2 spot with Daniel: Garbages.
The only legit move for the entire QB roster was Bray, and we'll just have to hope in one hand and shit in the other on that.

Chiefshrink 06-16-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Smith had scores on 14 of 23 red zone opportunities for 60.8%.

Kaepernick has had 8 scores in 17 red zone opportunities for 47%.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2012/...nd-alex-smith/

Want to try that again?

Sure!! Obviously you don't have football eyes and recognize a high ceiling in a QB when it's right there in front of you. A 7yr starting vet QB compared to a 1yr limited snaps back up QB who goes 47% 'first time out' and only gets better with more time. Jim owes Alex NOTHING ! Jim owes ownership and the fans the best team on the field to win a SB. Remember, its a business of winning games pure and simple. A gamble? Hell yes ! But a gamble that HAD to happen ! Why ? The O began to sputter under Smith a few games prior to his injury and Harbs saw the Alex of old begin to creep back in. So Harbs in order to kill 2 birds with one stone allowed both to play to see what Kaep can do and see if Alex can handle the pressure and shake off the sputtering offense by playing them both. Well, we all know what happened.

Harbs gut told him Smith won't take the niners to a SB but Kaep could and DID !! Harbs saw no gamble in the decision because Smith limited the team getting to the SB in his mind, but Kaep was the wild card that was worth playing if it meant getting to the SB and it payed off. Hats off to Harbs and I applaud him.

You can throw all the red zone stats around you want but Harbs knows that defenses don't have to game plan near as much for Smith as they would for Kaep because Kaep like RGIII is a nightmare to game plan. WHY ?? Well, you said it best !! "You like where everything is at right now".
And why is that ? Because Kaep is a helluva a lot better than Smith, that's why you like where everything is at right now. Question is would you pull ' a Marty' right now if you were HC ? Hell no you wouldn't because you have already stated, "you like where everything is at right now" which is code for I like Kaep much better as starting QB than Smith.

But I have no doubt that you would have pulled ' a Marty' and would have given Smith back his job if you were HC last season never knowing what Kaep could have done for you thus you would have been one and done in the playoffs no doubt !!

milkman 06-16-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9754937)
Sure!! Obviously you don't have football eyes and recognize a high ceiling in a QB when it's right there in front of you. A 7yr starting vet QB compared to a 1yr limited snaps back up QB who goes 47% 'first time out' and only gets better with more time. Jim owes Alex NOTHING ! Jim owes ownership and the fans the best team on the field to win a SB. Remember, its a business of winning games pure and simple. A gamble? Hell yes ! But a gamble that HAD to happen ! Why ? The O began to sputter under Smith a few games prior to his injury and Harbs saw the Alex of old begin to creep back in. So Harbs in order to kill 2 birds with one stone allowed both to play to see what Kaep can do and see if Alex can handle the pressure and shake off the sputtering offense by playing them both. Well, we all know what happened.

Harbs gut told him Smith won't take the niners to a SB but Kaep could and DID !! Harbs saw no gamble in the decision because Smith limited the team getting to the SB in his mind, but Kaep was the wild card that was worth playing if it meant getting to the SB and it payed off. Hats off to Harbs and I applaud him.

You can throw all the red zone stats around you want but Harbs knows that defenses don't have to game plan near as much for Smith as they would for Kaep because Kaep like RGIII is a nightmare to game plan. WHY ?? Well, you said it best !! "You like where everything is at right now".
And why is that ? Because Kaep is a helluva a lot better than Smith, that's why you like where everything is at right now. Question is would you pull ' a Marty' right now if you were HC ? Hell no you wouldn't because you have already stated, "you like where everything is at right now" which is code for I like Kaep much better as starting QB than Smith.

But I have no doubt that you would have pulled ' a Marty' and would have given Smith back his job if you were HC last season never knowing what Kaep could have done for you thus you would have been one and done in the playoffs no doubt !!

Holy ****.

You are an idiot, even when arguing something that I agree with in general.

Chiefshrink 06-16-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9754654)
Although Kap did appear to provide a spark to certain player(s), (Crabtree), and maybe even a portion of a fan base, he really didn't do a whole lot for the team in terms of improving the output. Points per game, yards per game, passing yards per game, rushing yards per game, wins... all very similar. Just a different way of getting those things. Just for varification, here are the numbers:

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/sfo/2012.htm

Now I am not saying Smith is going to be the end-all-be-all QB this franchise is looking for, but it is not like the 49ers benched Tyler Palko (Smith) and upgraded to John Elway (Kap) last season, and their fortunes suddenly took a turn for the better. Things were pretty good to begin with.

It's the high ceiling in Kaep and how players are motivated around him. And Kaep only gets better because of his elite athleticism over Smith where Smith had reached his ceiling and Harbs knew it.:thumb:

Chiefshrink 06-16-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9754945)
Holy ****.

You are an idiot, even when arguing something that I agree with in general.

Which means you have personal issues with me for whatever reason outside of football talk which is a mystery to me since you and I have never met. I really don't dislike you Milk actually I get a kick out of you but get some help Milk !!!:shrug:

SAUTO 06-16-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9754955)
Which means you have personal issues with me for whatever reason outside of football talk which is a mystery to me since you and I have never met. I really don't dislike you Milk actually I get a kick out of you but get some help Milk !!!:shrug:

I have no personal issues and still think you sound like a dumb ****
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman 06-16-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9754955)

No, not outside of football talk.

It's simple really.

Even with football talk, you're a blowhard.

Chiefshrink 06-16-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9754970)
I have no personal issues and still think you sound like a dumb ****
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey Gomer, get back to the garage and overhaul your engine, uh?:D

Chiefshrink 06-16-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9755010)
No, not outside of football talk.

It's simple really.

Even with football talk, you're a blowhard.

Brevity ? What's that ??? :LOL: I wish I had that gift but I struggle mightily. Contextual details when explaining a POV is like heroin for me. Sorry, but I am trying to improve:shrug:

milkman 06-16-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9755066)
Brevity ? What's that ??? :LOL: I wish I had that gift but I struggle mightily. Contextual details when explaining a POV is like heroin for me. Sorry, but I am trying to improve:shrug:

Here, let me help you out.

Harbaugh saw that CK is a much more dynamic playmaker than Smith, and that gives the team a better chance to win, short and long term.

He wants to win.

USArmyParatrooper 06-16-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9754845)
Sorry but 7&9 & we keep our second round draft pick 2014.

Thanks for your service for our country sir. :thumb:

With a 7 & 8 (or so) record I could see the Chiefs' coaching staff blowing the last game or two on purpose, or just not going balls out trying to win, for the sake of preserving their second round.

PS: Thank you for your kind words. I'm a 49ers fan to the core but I have no hate for the Chiefs.

Good luck with Alex Smith. Regardless of how he plays, at the very least you're getting one of the hardest working, most classy players in the game.

Unfortunately the Alex Smith BFF's on the 49ers forums make me almost hope he will bomb. That's not fair to him, so that's why I said "almost."

Good luck next season, and see you in the pre-season!