ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2013 NFL Sunday Ticket + Alternatives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274177)

Deberg_1990 08-25-2013 05:52 PM

Thinking of dumping ATT. Scheduled a DirecTV install for next weekend. I'll call ATT tomorrow and see what kind of discount they can give me? If its decent, I'll cancel install and just buy the Madden 25 Amazon deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

lewdog 08-25-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9915032)
I have no idea. I subscribe to the Premier package, never missed a payment, have 5 receivers.

I asked that question and was told that my discounts exceeded the amount allowed. I had a freaking 10 dollar discount and a 6 dollars Starz discount this year and that was it.

The Starz is still on the account, but they can't give it to me because I'm over what they determine is the max.

The supervisor said I was over the 200 limit for the account for the year. I told them they just gave 200 dollars to my brother in a Visa gift card so they could save that bullshit.

Hard to believe I won't have DirecTV for the first time in 16 years.

Damn, I don't get how they wouldn't extend something to you with all you pay?! That would send me over the edge too.

I would have played it different. I would have cut way back on all your channels, like cutting your bill in half. Then see if their promotional people call offering deep discounts to get those channels back.

They offer me HBO free for 3 months a few times a year. I simply cancel it when it is time for them to start billing me and they call me with a free offer again like a month later for another 3 months.

lewdog 08-25-2013 06:29 PM

When I was with Comcast a few years ago, they had a contract with ESPN3 so I could watch a ton of college games I normally couldn't see without any extra charge. I loved that. I no longer have that option with DTV. That was a bonus with Comcast.

Nzoner 08-25-2013 07:45 PM

I went straight to retention this year,threatened to cancel service because they automatically added NFLST to my bill and at full rate.He was like oh I see you've been with us since '99 how does free sound this year.Of course I took it but they also had to reactivate my other 6 receivers in the gameroom so now they're getting that $36 a month.

Mother****erJones 08-25-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9915175)
When I was with Comcast a few years ago, they had a contract with ESPN3 so I could watch a ton of college games I normally couldn't see without any extra charge. I loved that. I no longer have that option with DTV. That was a bonus with Comcast.

Their customer service sucks where as Directv doesn't

lewdog 08-25-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9915374)
Their customer service sucks where as Directv doesn't

I rarely had to call them the two years I had them and it was fine when I did. And I seem to have spent countless hours on the phone to DTV in just over a year.

Mother****erJones 08-25-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9915379)
I rarely had to call them the two years I had them and it was fine when I did. And I seem to have spent countless hours on the phone to DTV in just over a year.

I've never had to call directv with an issue

lewdog 08-25-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9915383)
I've never had to call directv with an issue

I had some annoying technical issues when we signed up and it definitely wasn't us.

Then is seems all of us are constantly calling in trying to lower our rates with their 3-6 month promotional bullshit scam they run. LMAO

So yea....you've called them with an issue.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 08-25-2013 11:31 PM

See my post in the other Sunday ticket thread.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 08-25-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9915075)
Thinking of dumping ATT. Scheduled a DirecTV install for next weekend. I'll call ATT tomorrow and see what kind of discount they can give me? If its decent, I'll cancel install and just buy the Madden 25 Amazon deal.
Posted via Mobile Device

Funny, I just dumped DirecTV for AT&T. DTV gives you really low rates for the 1st year, jacks them way up the 2nd year. I was paying $99 a month the second year and that's without any premium movie channels. And Sunday Ticket is free for new subscribers. Why couldn't they work with me on the price during the 2nd year of my contract? The fact that AT&T gave me a $250 gift card for adding Dish to my internet helps too.

Deberg_1990 08-26-2013 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 9915818)
Funny, I just dumped DirecTV for AT&T. DTV gives you really low rates for the 1st year, jacks them way up the 2nd year. I was paying $99 a month the second year and that's without any premium movie channels. And Sunday Ticket is free for new subscribers. Why couldn't they work with me on the price during the 2nd year of my contract? The fact that AT&T gave me a $250 gift card for adding Dish to my internet helps too.

They all do this. It's their business model. Lure you in with great intro deals. Then hope you won't go through the trouble of switching in later years when they jack the rates up. I've had AT&T since 2007 and fully realize I help subsidize all the UVerse newbies with great deals. What I don't like about ATT, is their pricing tiers. I don't feel they give you enough channels with their lower priced tiers. That forces you into the higher priced tiers by default.

TinyEvel 08-26-2013 05:57 AM

Active DTV subscribers WITH Sunday Ticket: is the mobile option still an additional cost? How much?
I had Sunday Ticket for years and my brother sent me the cost of the mobile and I let him use the login to watch it on his PC while I watched Chiefs at home.

Fritz88 08-26-2013 05:58 AM

Quote:

I have no idea. I subscribe to the Premier package, never missed a payment, have 5 receivers.

I asked that question and was told that my discounts exceeded the amount allowed. I had a freaking 10 dollar discount and a 6 dollars Starz discount this year and that was it.

The Starz is still on the account, but they can't give it to me because I'm over what they determine is the max.

The supervisor said I was over the 200 limit for the account for the year. I told them they just gave 200 dollars to my brother in a Visa gift card so they could save that bullshit.

Wait for them to mail you something soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

rad 08-26-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Well good for you for sticking to your guns. **** those assholes

COchief 08-26-2013 08:46 AM

Just ordered the Madden Anniversary game basically just for the mobile code, a simple HDMI from the laptop and I'll finally be able to watch these losers in HD every week.

Pretty stoked actually after years of dealing with firstrow and the other BS sites.