ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Girl buys water, spends night in jail (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274202)

Garcia Bronco 07-01-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9786004)
It was one cop, showing her badge, wanting to talk. That is not overreacting.

Once she decided to ignore the cop and leave, it is game on. The act of trying to evade a cop is probable cause to presume they are wanted or carrying something they shouldn't. (drugs, weapons, warrants, etc)

You'd have a point if they weren't carrying bottled water, but they were. Like I said. You don't know the area.

Beef Supreme 07-01-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9786004)
It was one cop, showing her badge, wanting to talk. That is not overreacting.

Once she decided to ignore the cop and leave, it is game on. The act of trying to evade a cop is probable cause to presume they are wanted or carrying something they shouldn't. (drugs, weapons, warrants, etc)

Ignoring a cop who doesn't have probable cause, is not probable cause.

mikey23545 07-01-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 9786019)

Yep.

And people are allowed to overreact when they know they are doing nothing wrong and they suddenly have "cops" flashing badges and pulling guns and breaking in car windows and jumping on the hood...

I can't believe we have idiots on this board defending these vicious Barney Fifes....

Molitoth 07-01-2013 10:22 AM

Wouldn't you think ABC would have an agent inside the store watching underage kids checkout? Maybe even with a walkie talkie to the other agents outside the store?

This would have saved a lot of bullshit all over some sparkling water.

Dayze 07-01-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9786084)
Wouldn't you think ABC would have an agent inside the store watching underage kids checkout?

This would have saved a lot of bullshit all over some sparkling water.

I worked at a liquor store for a few months after my stint in the Navy.
we'd have the ABC folks there; but they're just give us a heads-up that they were out in the parking lot, and/or in the store.

was pretty easy. not sure why these pricks went SEAL Team 6 on her.

Dartgod 07-01-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

"I couldn't put my windows down unless I started my car, and when I started my car they began yelling to not move the car, not to start the car.
Dumb on her part. You do not need to start the car to roll down the windows, you only need to turn the key to the run position.

Quote:

They began trying to break the windows. My roommates and I were ... terrified."
Dumb on the agent's part.

alnorth 07-01-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9786012)
One side is lying.

Neither side is lying. No one is saying that first contact was 7 agents with guns out.

Dayze 07-01-2013 10:43 AM

"lemme see your hands!! put em up! Drop the hard lemonade"!!

alnorth 07-01-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 9786017)
You'd have a point if they weren't carrying bottled water, but they were. Like I said. You don't know the area.

The fact that it was bottled water is completely irrelevant.

It looked like beer, she tried to leave.

alnorth 07-01-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 9786019)

She didn't ignore the cop, she knew she was there. She may not have known she was a cop, but once she ignored orders from a cop showing a badge and tried to leave, that looks like you have a reason to evade the cops. Of course its probable cause.

edit: regarding probable cause for the initial stop, she looks young, she's carrying something out of a store that looks like beer. The cop absolutely has probable cause to stop her and check for alchohol and age.

Raiderhater 07-01-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 9786127)
Neither side is lying. No one is saying that first contact was 7 agents with guns out.

One side is saying the agents approached as a group, the other saying a lone female agent approached intially. There is a lie in there some where.

suzzer99 07-01-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9786088)
we'd have the ABC folks there; but they're just give us a heads-up that they were out in the parking lot, and/or in the store.

So what are you supposed to just not card when this happens? I'm confused as to what ABC thinks they're accomplishing, when the person inside is supposed to be vigorously checking IDs anyway.

Also there's something about a 20-year-old getting busted for alcohol that just pisses me off to my core anyway, like cops don't have anything better to do. You've already been able to go kill people in Iraq for two years, you can vote, you can drive for four years because we need you as part of the economy, you're not even a minor for any purposes other than alcohol – but let's bust you for something like public intoxication. Such a ridiculous waste of resources on every level.

Dayze 07-01-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 9786168)
So what are you supposed to just not card when this happens? I'm confused as to what ABC thinks they're accomplishing, when the person inside is supposed to be vigorously checking IDs anyway.

he was just there milling about to make sure I carded them.
if they thought they were still to young, they'd have the people outside ask for ID. I suppose it was becasue they didn't expect the person ringing them up to recognize a fake ID?

Raiderhater 07-01-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9786088)

Give you a heads up? shit. Down in Texas the agency hires underage kids to go into liquor stores and bars to try and purchase booze. You serve 'em and an agent comes in and arrests you.

suzzer99 07-01-2013 11:07 AM

Yeah I guess fakes are getting pretty sophisticated now with the Internet. My kid goes to USC. Her and a bunch of her friends paid $80 apiece for fakes from random states around the country.

The funny/dumb thing is she used her real street address on a Maine license because she wanted to be able to remember it in a pinch. Which has led to some sticky situations if her and her mom both happen to get carded.