ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *** Official I love Marcus Cooper Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276780)

NJChiefsFan 10-06-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10056864)
Doesn't seem like it took Sutton too long to make the move from Dunta to Cooper.

That's good ... performance over name. :clap:

Cooper is getting valuable experience for the big games coming up.

This. I don't mind mistakes. Just play the guys that give us the best chance and make moves trying to fill holes. Don't try to cover your mistakes by running people out there pretending it is working.

JohnnyHammersticks 10-06-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 10057224)
This. I don't mind mistakes. Just play the guys that give us the best chance and make moves trying to fill holes. Don't try to cover your mistakes by running people out there pretending it is working.

I know, right? I absolutely HATE GM's who do that. Guys who run a certain guy--say a QB, or someone--out there for 4 years or so when it's obvious to even the most casual fan that the guy is horrible. Those guys are the WORST!

Lates,

Scotty P.

Kiimo 10-06-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 10057224)

It seems pretty simple and logical doesn't it? It almost makes the frustration with past GMs and coaches even worse in retrospect. Rich Gannon comes to mind.

Also this article from yesterday is pretty cool today.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/0...is-chance.html

Beer Bong 10-07-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10056864)
Doesn't seem like it took Sutton too long to make the move from Dunta to Cooper.

That's good ... performance over name. :clap:

Cooper is getting valuable experience for the big games coming up.

I definitely appreciate that Sutton isn't loyal to the vets. We haven't seen that in a while. Cooper needs to play over Dunta. The best players should play.

Dunta deserves some props though. I saw Cooper on the bench a couple of times and Dunta was sitting right next to him helping him out. Dunta seems to have a good attitude and is willing to pass down his knowledge. That's probably why he's still here.

Cooper hasn't been playing CB long and he is going to be a stud. I bet the 49ers regret keeping Namdi over him.

Saul Good 10-07-2013 07:59 AM

Here is a guy who is 6'2 192 pounds, has nearly a 40" vertical, and runs a 4.45 40...and he went in the seventh round.

If Dorsey had taken this guy 1.1, he would look like a mad genius right now.

I'm curious as to how people would view Dorsey today had he taken Cooper in the first and Bray in the third.

Beer Bong 10-07-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10058854)
Here is a guy who is 6'2 192 pounds, has nearly a 40" vertical, and runs a 4.45 40...and he went in the seventh round.

I'm curious as to how people would view Dorsey today had he taken Cooper in the first and Bray in the third.

He's not that good. - yet

He is far from perfect. He is playing great and the potential is there but, he struggles with getting his head around. I think he can get better but, 1.1?

No way and Bray definitely wasn't worthy of a 3rd round pick. He wasn't that great in college.

the Talking Can 10-07-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10058854)

he would be viewed as a moron league wide if he took a 7th round pick and a udfa in the 1st and third...and rightly so

mcaj22 10-07-2013 09:04 AM

this dude is basically silly putty for Al Harris

he looks like an Al Harris clone out there minus the long hair

Saul Good 10-07-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10058942)
he would be viewed as a moron league wide if he took a 7th round pick and a udfa in the 1st and third...and rightly so

Just like the Patriots would have been morons for taking Brady in the first...

If you could only keep one, would you rather have Cooper or Fisher?

Chief Faithful 10-07-2013 09:40 AM

Got an opportunity to shake his hand after the game and tell him he is a God send to the team and he had a great game. Seems like a great guy who is really appreciates the opportunity he has been given.

Shaid 10-07-2013 09:43 AM

Really, really like this kid.

Beer Bong 10-07-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10059058)
Just like the Patriots would have been morons for taking Brady in the first...

If you could only keep one, would you rather have Cooper or Fisher?

Fisher, he will be playing LT next year and Albert will be gone.

Chief Faithful 10-07-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10059097)
Really, really like this kid.

He played one on one with almost no safety support the whole game. People want to key on the one play he didn't get his head around without recognizing how his man was covered the whole game. For a guy still learning the skills he was outstanding. Robinson never played as good as this kid who is still learning the nuances of the position.

lcarus 10-07-2013 09:56 AM

John Dorsey really COULD win with 22 players off the streets.

Saul Good 10-07-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer Bong (Post 10059101)
Fisher, he will be playing LT next year and Albert will be gone.

I'd take Cooper over Fisher in a heartbeat...especially given their contracts. Tackles are easier to find than Corners who can lock down WRs without Safety help.