ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Unsung heroes of 5-0 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277094)

DaneMcCloud 10-06-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10058072)
I don't really think Bowe is playing lazy. Its always how he has played really. Its just that Smith really doesn't target him much. Crabtree's stats last year should tell the story there. The reason he got thrown today was because Avery was hurt.

Bowe, IMO, doesn't play with passion.

He just doesn't *appear* to be a guy that plays as if "his life depended on it".

To his credit, he's never played like that and always had good numbers. But this season, it's just not working.

BossChief 10-06-2013 10:38 PM

Once Alex develops some trust that he can just throw a few up to Bowe even if he is covered, both of these guys are gonna benefit from it.

beach tribe 10-06-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10058104)
Once Alex develops some trust that he can just throw a few up to Bowe even if he is covered, both of these guys are gonna benefit from it.

I would gladly make a wager that Bowe is gonna be big for this team the 2nd half of the season.
He really has not been a focal point thus far, but his role will no doubt increase IMO.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-06-2013 10:43 PM

Coooooooooooooooooop!

You have to love how Reid is getting pretty much EVERYONE involved.

beach tribe 10-06-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10058072)
I don't really think Bowe is playing lazy. Its always how he has played really. Its just that Smith really doesn't target him much. Crabtree's stats last year should tell the story there. The reason he got thrown today was because Avery was hurt.

Bowe has not been the primary receiver very often, but he will.

Hammock Parties 10-06-2013 10:56 PM

The Bowe criticisms. LMAO

Alex Smith!

-King- 10-06-2013 10:58 PM

Everytime the tv broadcast shows an all-22 view of the field, Bowe literally has no separation. I understand throwing in tight windows, but there isn't a window to throw it in at all.

I don't get it. I wish someone had had an entire game of all-22 broken up into pass plays so we could see what Bowe is doing on each play.

-King- 10-06-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10058085)
Bowe, IMO, doesn't play with passion.

He just doesn't *appear* to be a guy that plays as if "his life depended on it".

To his credit, he's never played like that and always had good numbers. But this season, it's just not working.

He plays with passion. You can see it when he's blocking. There aren't of WRs that block for their teammates better than Bowe.

beach tribe 10-06-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10058194)

Alex Smith!

You sure do still pop off at the mouth for someone who has been absolutely wrong about every single point you focused on.

beach tribe 10-06-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10058200)
He plays with passion. You can see it when he's blocking. There aren't of WRs that block for their teammates better than Bowe.

Bowe shows a ton of passion IMO. He does have some lapses though, but when he gets that ball in his hands he is all business.

Hammock Parties 10-06-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10058205)
You sure do still pop off at the mouth for someone who has been absolutely wrong about every single point you focused on.

Not true.

At least Alex Smith actually completed a pass down the field today, though.

Fact is...Bowe's numbers are suffering because of Alex. Period. Not because of Bowe.

Which doesn't surprise, since he and Michael Crabtree are similar.

BossChief 10-06-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10058194)

Alex Smith!

I'd like to agree with that 100%, but I can't.

Bowe simply isn't the primary receiver on most plays.

Andy Reid is basically saying "go ahead and bracket him all day, that means we will work the other side of the field."

Avery has had big games because of one on one coverage.

I can't wait till they get Kelce up to speed.

No offense to Fasano and McGrath, but Kelce has a real chance to be the whole package and develop into a top flight tight end that should flourish with Alex Smith throwing him the ball.

It's gonna take time though.

beach tribe 10-06-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10058219)
I'd like to agree with that 100%, but I can't.

Bowe simply isn't the primary receiver on most plays.

Andy Reid is basically saying "go ahead and bracket him all day, that means we will work the other side of the field."

Avery has had big games because of one on one coverage.

I can't wait till they get Kelce up to speed.

No offense to Fasano and McGrath, but Kelce has a real chance to be the whole package and develop into a top flight tight end that should flourish with Alex Smith throwing him the ball.

It's gonna take time though.

Bingo

beach tribe 10-06-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10058215)
Not true.

At least Alex Smith actually completed a pass down the field today, though.

Fact is...Bowe's numbers are suffering because of Alex. Period. Not because of Bowe.

Which doesn't surprise, since he and Michael Crabtree are similar.

Smith is just shy of a 4000 yard pace.

Since I believe you put him at 3200 Id say youve been dead wrong.

DBOSHO 10-06-2013 11:09 PM

Id like to see some quick hitters to bowe on slants. Thats always worked. Hes too big of a body to stop consistently when he can just box the corner out every play. Put it on his chest, and worst case scenario is incompletion.